Author Topic: The Right Brain vs Left Brain test  (Read 2234 times)

Offline Tina Greco - Melbourne

• Ultimate JTFer
The Right Brain vs Left Brain test
« on: February 08, 2008, 07:40:21 AM »

The Right Brain vs Left Brain test
Article from: AAP

September 26, 2007 10:00pm

The Right Brain vs Left Brain test ... do you see the dancer turning clockwise or anti-clockwise?
If clockwise, then you use more of the right side of the brain and vice versa.

Most of us would see the dancer turning anti-clockwise though you can try to focus and change the direction; see if you can do it.

LEFT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
uses logic
detail oriented
facts rule
words and language
present and past
math and science
can comprehend
knowing
acknowledges
order/pattern perception
knows object name
reality based
forms strategies
practical
safe    

RIGHT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
uses feeling
"big picture" oriented
imagination rules
symbols and images
present and future
philosophy & religion
can "get it" (i.e. meaning)
believes
appreciates
spatial perception
knows object function
fantasy based
presents possibilities
impetuous
risk taking

I am right Brain lol

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: The Right Brain vs Left Brain test
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 07:51:31 PM »
I would recommend humans use Both sides of their Brain and join our cause! O0

Women use both hemispheres of their brain, men rarely do. Thats why most women had multi task far better than men.

It was a natures way to ensuring the ability to bear and raise young.

Note this is not a stab at men, by just a biological fact.

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 07:56:18 PM »
Guess I am right brained.  But all those descriptions don't apply to me though.
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2008, 11:05:13 PM »
<snip>
The Right Brain vs Left Brain test ... do you see the dancer turning clockwise or anti-clockwise?

Most of us would see the dancer turning anti-clockwise though you can try to focus and change the direction; see if you can do it.
<snip>

That is the most stupid test I have ever seen..

planet earth moves anti clockwise when viewed from the northern hemisphere.

With a clock. Which face you are facing, controls whether the hand moves clockwise or anti clockwise.

An easy demonstration is move your finger , clockwise or anti clockwise. As if there were a clockface you are moving your finger around.

Then, still circling, raise your finger over your head, and below your head.  You will see that when looking from below, it goes "one way" and when looking from above it goes "the other way". When I say one way and the other way, I mean a difference in clockwise and anti clockwise.

A different thing,
With a roundabout.. Or a clock .   Look at it this time from the side.. the rim.
Suppose you have a car or clock hand going clockwise
Imagine the far end has a 12 and your end has a 6. i.e. there is a far end and a near end, that is the point.
If the thing(clockhand or car)  is going clockwise,
then, is the thing going left to right ,  or right to left ?

Well, if looking from the bottom/near end, it is going right to left. If looking from the top/far end, it is going from left to right.

I would not say this is to do with left brain or right brain..  This is just something extremely useful to know about, when thinking about things, so as not to get confused!!!!!!!

That woman, has particularly nice legs.. And is tilted at such an angle, that one time you may look at her from the palms of her feet upwards .  Another time you may look at her from her bottom, downwards.

Since I personally, HATE FEET, I have a reverse foot fetish, especially soles of feet.  I would not look at her that way. I look at her from her bottom downwards. Essentially, from the top.  And so I see her moving anti clockwise.

Nevertheless, despite her legs. The animation , for some odd reason allows for the possibility that you are more attracted to her head and arms area. Actually, in retrospect, I can see why one might be attracted to that!

The animation plays a game with her palms..  When you see her palms, you may be inclined to look at her from the bottom. And when you don`t see them, you may be inclined to look at her from the top.

So again, a difference between clockwise and anti clockwise.

The planet Venus is the only planet in our solar system to rotate clockwise - when viewed from the "north pole"/earth`s north pole.  i.e. All planets orbit anti-clockwise and rotate anti-clockwise, except Venus, which -rotates- clockwise.

Earth rotates EAST,  that is the same as rotating anti-clockwise .  (japan goes into the sunlight first, then america)

« Last Edit: February 09, 2008, 11:07:52 PM by q_q_ »

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2008, 11:07:31 PM »
<snip>

<snip>

That is the most stupid test I have ever seen..

planet earth moves anti clockwise when viewed from the northern hemisphere.

With a clock. Which face you are facing, controls whether the hand moves clockwise or anti clockwise.

An easy demonstration is move your finger , clockwise or anti clockwise. As if there were a clockface you are moving your finger around.

Then, still circling, raise your finger over your head, and below your head.  You will see that when looking from below, it goes "one way" and when looking from above it goes "the other way". When I say one way and the other way, I mean a difference in clockwise and anti clockwise.

A different thing,
With a roundabout.. Or a clock .   Look at it this time from the side.. the rim.
Suppose you have a car or clock hand going clockwise
Imagine the far end has a 12 and your end has a 6. i.e. there is a far end and a near end, that is the point.
If the thing(clockhand or car)  is going clockwise,
then, is the thing going left to right ,  or right to left ?

Well, if looking from the bottom/near end, it is going right to left. If looking from the top/far end, it is going from left to right.

I would not say this is to do with left brain or right brain..  This is just something extremely useful to know about, when thinking about things, so as not to get confused!!!!!!!

That woman, has particularly nice legs.. And is tilted at such an angle, that one time you may look at her from the palms of her feet upwards .  Another time you may look at her from her bottom, downwards.

Since I personally, HATE FEET, I have a reverse foot fetish, especially soles of feet.  I would not look at her that way. I look at her from her bottom downwards. Essentially, from the top.  And so I see her moving anti clockwise.

Nevertheless, despite her legs. The animation allows for some odd reason, you are more attracted to her head and arms area. Actually, in retrospect, I can see why one might be attracted to that!

The animation plays a game with her palms..  When you see her palms, you may be inclined to look at her from the bottom. And when you don`t see them, you may be inclined to look at her from the top.

So again, a difference between clockwise and anti clockwise.

The planet Venus is the only planet in our solar system to rotate clockwise - when viewed from the "north pole"/earth`s north pole.  i.e. All planets orbit anti-clockwise and rotate anti-clockwise, except Venus, which -rotates- clockwise.

Earth rotates EAST,  that is the same as rotating anti-clockwise .  (japan goes into the sunlight first, then america)

The Test comes from the USA so blame them lol

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2008, 11:13:59 PM »
I would add that normally one views things from the top. But the fact that she is tilted like that, means one might think to view her from the bottom. Hence the clockwise/anti-clockwise discrepancy.

I don`t like the test, because it would be better that people know about this issue.. Otherwise one could get confused in daily life..

I mentioned the roundabout in my post(which I may have modified slightly after you quoted it). Roundabout are a different issue, because we are viewing them from the top..  (though physically, we view them from the rim, we all think of them as viewed from the top)

In a conversation with a friend from america, I was telling him that in britain, cars go left to right round the roundabout. He thought they go right to left..   Fortunately, from my thought about the earth moon and sun and orbits, I could identify the problem..

He was looking at the near/bottom end of the roundabout.  I was looking at it from the top/far end.

We both meant that cars go clockwise.

It is quite an essential lifeskill to know about this. They should not make a game out of people not knowing it.

Note- the roundabout is a related problem. This "dancer" problem, as described in my previous post, is to do with whether you look from the top or from the bottom. (nothing to do with near end of far end when looking at the rim)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2008, 11:19:26 PM by q_q_ »

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2008, 11:22:31 PM »
I have read about left brain / right brain issues.

funny thing is.. I am so left brained that I cannot even visualise a dot. I rely heavily on logic.

I do not see pictures when I think.. except when dreaming, then like most people when they dream, I get moving pictures sometimes even with sound.

I cannot remember the statistic on how many people do not get pictures when they think i.e. cannot visualise. 1/3 or 1/10 , I cannot remember.

I am left handed though, and the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body e.g. left arm.. 
But my right arm is stronger.. I made it stronger over a decade ago, in school, so I could deal with right handers in arm wrestles.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2008, 11:25:38 PM by q_q_ »

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2008, 11:26:46 PM »
I have read about left brain / right brain issues.

funny thing is.. I am so left brained that I cannot even visualise a dot. I rely heavily on logic.

I do not see pictures when I think.. except when dreaming, then like most people when they dream, I get moving pictures sometimes even with sound.

I cannot remember the statistic on how many people do not get pictures when they think i.e. cannot visualise. 1/3 or 1/10 , I cannot remember.

I was going to say you might be left brain person.

I remember my dreams and they are moving pictures and in colour. Some are weird others not so.

But then again I am a weird person kinda matches lol :::D

I was branded a witch many years ago because of my ability to guess the unspoken.  :::D :::D

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2008, 04:26:16 PM »
It was moving anti-clockwise initially and then I looked away for a split second and it changed. Everytime i look back it changes direction. I'm a lefty-righty I guess.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2008, 04:50:23 PM »
It was moving anti-clockwise initially and then I looked away for a split second and it changed. Everytime i look back it changes direction. I'm a lefty-righty I guess.

Very cool  O0

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2008, 04:52:04 PM »

Very cool  O0

Thats why i'm always confused and undecided. I see the "detailed picture" until the "big picture" comes along and kicks it out the way.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2008, 06:17:45 PM »
<snip>

Thats why i'm always confused and undecided. I see the "detailed picture" until the "big picture" comes along and kicks it out the way.

I hope I don`t meet you on a roundabout!

note- if you analyse my posts in this thread, you will understand why it was "switching". I don`t think it is anything to do with seeing the big picture or seeing the details.  So I do not see what it has to do with left brain right brain. Which would also explain why it switched for you.. And why they claim it should switch.  It`s not even an illusion.  It is playing on a misunderstanding people have about clockwise and anti-clockwise, and therefore I strongly suggest you make sure you understand it.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2008, 06:20:46 PM »
<snip>

Never drive in Australia then  :::D :::D

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2008, 06:24:50 PM »
<snip>

a) In austrailia they drive on the left, like in britain.
b) They are sort of looking at the same face. It would be confusing if austrailians were on the inside of the earth. Then they would be looking from the opposite side, and if the earth was transparent and you both saw each other and agreed to go clockwise, you would go different directions.  (I think!!!!!)

when I say "sort of" looking at the same face,  one could think of it as set of faces that are planes perpendicular to the sphere like structure that is earth.

so for planet earth. Instead of looking at it as a clock and which face you look at... Look at it as a sphere and whether you are inside looking outside. Or outside looking inside. That makes the difference. 

ERR.. sorry, you`re right Skippy!

Anybody on opposite sides of the sphere run into the difference.
And thinking about it. Somebody on the inside looking out, if you then move him further away, he ends up an austrailian and does the same thing.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 06:30:37 PM by q_q_ »

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2008, 06:27:27 PM »
<snip>

a) In austrailia they drive on the left, like in britain.
b) They are sort of looking at the same face. It would be confusing if austrailians were on the inside of the earth. Then they would be looking from the opposite side, and if the earth was transparent and you both saw each other and agreed to go clockwise, you would go different directions.  (I think!!!!!)

when I say "sort of" looking at the same face,  one could think of it as set of faces that are planes perpendicular to the sphere like structure that is earth.

Yes we drive on the left give way to the right. And Aussies don't obey road rules.