Poll

Should calling Persian Jews "Iranian" be banned?

Yes.
11 (50%)
No.
11 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Do you think it should be banned to call Persian Jews "Iranian"?  (Read 5049 times)

admin

Many Persians, even Muslims ones, when they come to this country like to call themselves Persian and not Iranian because they say Iranian means they associate with the Iran of The Islamic Revolution and The Ayatollahs. They say they are American and against the government there so they call themselves Persian. Iran means "Land of The Aryans" but Persia is the ancient authentic Biblical name of the country. I think The Shah changed it to Iran.

My dad used to work for a company whose owner was an Iranian Muslim who said he's Persian and against the current Iranian regime. I don't think he was a real Muslim though. But my dad said he acted like a dictator and in the end my dad lost his job there. But there was another Israeli high up in the company.

In Israel, hardly anyone calls Persian Jews "Iranian". But there was someone in Jerusalem who told me he's Iranian and he thinks it's old fashioned to use the term Persian because the country is called Iran now.

I vote for the ban.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Do you think it should be banned to call Persian Jews "Iranian"?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 12:23:00 AM »
It shouldn't be banned. It depends on what the individual self-identifies as.

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 12:23:15 AM »
Yes, so-called Iran should be part of Biblical Israel. O0

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 12:26:10 AM »
It should be banned. Calling jewish people anything other than that is insulting.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline Tina Greco - Melbourne

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 12:27:43 AM »
No, I deal with alot of Irani Jews. They are proud of who they are. I think they should be left alone.

They have enough hate against them as it is.

Offline FULL METAL JACKET

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 12:34:35 AM »
Iranian jews are very proud tight knit group. I've met a few who are proud to be Iranians. So leave it to them.
Formely known as "1986"

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 12:40:37 AM »
They should not be proud to be Iranian. >:(

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2008, 12:42:51 AM »

Their not. I know many of them, they are allways called Persians.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2008, 12:49:17 AM »
Good, I know a few from Great Neck who I've turned on to JTF. O0

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2008, 12:52:29 AM »

That's their race. Iranian isn't a race.
Formely known as "1986"

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2008, 12:57:24 AM »

That's their race. Iranian isn't a race.

No, their race is Caucasian. Persian is a nationality.
Persian is an ethnic group. Just like Arab is an ethnic group. Persian used to be a nationality, it's not anymore. There is no country called Persia, it's Iran now. So Iranian is just a nationality, what your passport says.
Formely known as "1986"

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2008, 01:19:59 AM »
Iranian jews are very proud tight knit group. I've met a few who are proud to be Iranians. So leave it to them.

Thank you  O0

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2008, 01:21:20 AM »
No, I deal with alot of Irani Jews. They are proud of who they are. I think they should be left alone.

But this is to protect them from being called Iranian just like banning the word Hispanic was to protect white Latin Americans.

They don't see being called Iranian as in insult. it is apart of who they are as much as anything else

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2008, 01:23:32 AM »

They have a right to be proud of the land they are born in.

newman

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2008, 01:25:19 AM »
No. That's silly.

'Iranian' is just a ntionality written on a passport like 'American' or 'Israeli'.

It would be wrong to call them 'persian', 'muSSlim' or 'arab'.

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2008, 02:12:34 AM »
Well, maybe it's a bit of a touchy subject.  My Grandmother was born in Austria, and I used to argue with her a little because she still took pride in many aspects of Austrian culture, even though we know that Germany/Austria would become very associated with evil Nazis, and I would tell her not to be proud of anything even remotely associated with that, in terms of music, etc.  I guess it's hard to not feel any connection to the place you were born in, but still, given the evil atrocities Nazis and Muslim Nazis have perpetrated against Jews, I would try to separate the Jewish culture from the culture associated with the evil aspects of these places.

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2008, 03:35:11 AM »
Jews who are currently in Iran seem to want to identify themselves as Iranian. 

There's a blogger who discusses Iran, who calls himself an Iranian American Jew.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2008, 03:35:48 AM »
Many Persians, even Muslims ones, when they come to this country like to call themselves Persian and not Iranian because they say Iranian means they associate with the Iran of The Islamic Revolution and The Ayatollahs. They say they are American and against the government there so they call themselves Persian. Iran means "Land of The Aryans" but Persia is the ancient authentic Biblical name of the country. I think The Shah changed it to Iran.

My dad used to work for a company whose owner was an Iranian Muslim who said he's Persian and against the current Iranian regime. I don't think he was a real Muslim though. But my dad said he acted like a dictator and in the end my dad lost his job there. But there was another Israeli high up in the company.

In Israel, hardly anyone calls Persian Jews "Iranian". But there was someone in Jerusalem who told me he's Iranian and he thinks it's old fashioned to use the term Persian because the country is called Iran now.

I vote for the ban.

I agree that non Muslims from Iran are solely Persian and not "Iranian".  And that the country of Iran, is really Persia.

However, I didsagree with banning what some people want to call themselves or other things.  You can't ban speech.

But yes, I personally tell people that I'm Persian.  It's the Muslims that I tell them that I'm Iranian if I want to practice my own takkiya and to not tell them that I'm Jewish just to hear what they really feel about Jews etc etc.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2008, 03:37:07 AM »
Good, I know a few from Great Neck who I've turned on to JTF. O0

Who do you know? don't list the names her..you can PM me. I know a few myself.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2008, 03:39:29 AM »

But this is to protect them from being called Iranian just like banning the word Hispanic was to protect white Latin Americans.

They don't see being called Iranian as in insult. it is apart of who they are as much as anything else

Skippy, I find the name "Iran" to be in itself, offensive.  Like i mentioned earlier, I refer myself as "Persian".  Iran in the name one gives for the Islamic Republic which has single handedly destoryed the nation.

And honestly, should I really care?  No..I'm a Jew and Israel is my real home.  Farsi is not my real language...It should be Hebrew.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2008, 03:42:31 AM »

Iran decided that it wants to be an enemy of Israel.  Why should we sympathize
with anyone who likes Iran? 

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2008, 03:46:30 AM »

Iran decided that it wants to be an enemy of Israel.  Why should we sympathize
with anyone who likes Iran? 

It is the Iran Muslims against Israel not the Irani Jews.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2008, 03:51:53 AM »

Skippy, I find the name "Iran" to be in itself, offensive.  Like i mentioned earlier, I refer myself as "Persian".  Iran in the name one gives for the Islamic Republic which has single handedly destoryed the nation.

And honestly, should I really care?  No..I'm a Jew and Israel is my real home.  Farsi is not my real language...It should be Hebrew.

Honestly I am torn with this issue, I have a deep love for many Iranians, I speak Farsi and would happy living there, which I did for two years........But I hate Iran's Muslims that have caused so much evil.

I begged and poured many thousands of dollars in helping the Jews there........

I know each to there own, but Persians can mean anything in its title. 

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2008, 04:27:14 AM »
I have Persian friends. They were not muslim, but Bahai, and fled the country in 1978.
They are wonderful people, very, very intelligent, good looking, and hardworking, non-dogmatic, creative people.

Since they refer only to Persia, and never to Iran,
I think it would be good to use the word "Persian" for the "anti-ayatolla Iranians/Persians" and Iranese for the "ayatolla-shia-nazi-muslims".

We may not make the mistake of calling ALL people of Iranian/Persian descent Iranian-shia-muslims.
There are good people too over there, who are brutally oppressed by the satanic ayatolla regime.
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2008, 04:46:23 AM »

Honestly I am torn with this issue, I have a deep love for many Iranians, I speak Farsi and would happy living there, which I did for two years........But I hate Iran's Muslims that have caused so much evil.

I begged and poured many thousands of dollars in helping the Jews there........

I know each to there own, but Persians can mean anything in its title. 

Why don't you also pour many thousands of dollars to JTF?