Author Topic: Serbia annuls Kosovo independence declaration  (Read 4186 times)

Offline Jasmina

• Master JTFer
Serbia annuls Kosovo independence declaration
« on: February 17, 2008, 08:15:27 PM »
  "BELGRADE -- PM Vojislav Koštunica addressed the nation today as ethnic Albanians unilaterally declared Kosovo's independence.

It a televised address from the seat of the Serbian government in Belgrade, Koštunica rejected this act as illegal, and declared it null and void.

"Kosovo's unilateral declaration of a false state is the final act of a policy that started with the NATO aggression against Serbia in 1999," the prime minister said.

"Never has the truth about why Serbia was savagely destroyed by NATO bombs been more clear," he continued, and added that "NATO's military interests lie behind the proclamation of this false state."

The prime minister severely criticized the United States, saying that this country preferred force to the UN Charter and accused it of shamelessly breaching the international order.

"The United States have also humiliated the European Union, and forced it to trample on the principles it is built upon," Koštunica added, and warned that Europe, "which has lowered its head", will be responsible "for all the serious consequences that Kosovo's independence carries with it."

Koštunica repeated that the government will annul all documents that relate to the creation of a false state on the sovereign territory of the Republic of Serbia.

Meanwhile, President Boris Tadić issued a statement to the media, where he says Serbia will do "everything to annul the self-styled and illegal declaration of Kosovo's independence."

"Serbia will never recognize Kosovo and Metohija's independence," the statement said, but added that the state "must not now undertake hasty moves".

He also appealed "on all citizens and our compatriots in Kosovo and Metohija" to be "guided by reason" in the coming days.

"Serbia has reacted and will react with all peaceful, diplomatic and legal means to annul this act of Kosovo's temporary institutions. Serbia is asking international institutions in Kosovo to immediately declare this act null and void, as it stands in contravention of the basic principles of international law," the president said.

Tadić called for "restraint and peace" from citizens, parties and the media several times in his statement, stressing that the lives and property of people are of utmost importance at this moment, and urged KFOR and UNMIK in the province to protect the Serbs there from possible outbreaks of violence by the ethnic Albanian majority there".

I quote BE92
« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 08:25:36 PM by Jasmina »
The whole system works because everyone is not mentally ill on the same day!!!!

Offline ash

• New JTFer
Re: Serbia annuls Kosovo independence declaration
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 09:01:20 PM »
This whole ordeal could start WWIII, and probebly should.

Offline Jasmina

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 09:06:59 PM »
This whole ordeal could start WWIII, and probebly should.

Serbs are not gonna sit and do nothing I can tell that and if they will get some support, they will fight until the end!!! I know my nation! :)

Offline ash

• New JTFer
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 09:09:08 PM »
I hope they do, better to die than to be raped by swine...

Offline ash

• New JTFer
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 09:12:11 PM »
When you watch people take over your nation that hate you and think you owe them, it makes you feel like your homeland is being raped in some way and it makes me feel ashamed. I hope Serbia stands her ground..

Offline Jasmina

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 09:19:05 PM »
  My Mom told me that Serbs started a fire over American Embassy, but I didn't find any article on that, only on some Romanian news site, but it's in Romanian language. also Serbs attacked one of the McDonalds from Belgrade. they can't sleep well this night! neither can I!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 11:14:33 PM by Jasmina »

Offline Jasmina

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 09:54:02 PM »
  This article is from Dec 2007, but I want to say with it that Serbia had a very straight-forward position about Kosovo!

State Secretary for Kosovo-Metohija Dusan Prorokovic said that unilateral proclamation of independence would be the worst possible outcome of the situation and Serbia would annul such decision of Kosovo Albanians and would consider it void.

Prorokovic said that this would mean in practice that Serbia does not recognise Kosovo institutions, passports or documents.

We could not sign any bilateral agreement with any government of such self-proclaimed Kosovo. In everyday life, this would cause a lot of problems, first of all to Kosovo citizens. This might cause new tensions and instability of the Balkans. That is why the issue of self-proclaimed independence is not just the issue for Serbia, but for the whole region as the whole region is threatened by further radicalisation. And responsibility for that is in the hands of the United States, he stressed.

Asked whether a military action of Belgrade is possible, he said that the Serbian government has never threatened to anyone.

Serbia is persistently for negotiations, not for threats. It was not Serbia that used threats as tool in negotiations on the future status of Kosovo. We are aware that there is no long-lasting solution for Kosovo without an agreement of both sides as both we and Kosovo Albanians need a democratic framework for the future status of Kosovo, Prorokovic stressed.

He recalled that the Albanian national army ANA threatened with violence against Kosovo Serbs and non-Albanians.

ANA is Albanian paramilitary formation, not Serbian, and that terrorist organisation has nothing to do with Serbia except for jeopardising Kosovo Serbs and spreading violence from Kosovo to the south of Serbia and the north of Macedonia, he concluded.

Offline Serbian Cetnik (šumadinac)

• Pro JTFer
    • Military Photos and Forum
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2008, 10:37:01 PM »
maybe we should threaten a bit.

Offline Jasmina

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2008, 10:40:05 PM »
maybe we should threaten a bit.

now the Serbian Parliamentary people are in Kosovo and we have to wait and see what's gonna happen these days!

Offline Zoran

• Full JTFer
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2008, 01:41:52 AM »
When I heard that they declared independence....

it honestly felt like someone was trying to take a part of ME. That is how much I love my people's homeland.

Offline Serbian Cetnik (šumadinac)

• Pro JTFer
    • Military Photos and Forum
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2008, 02:53:38 AM »
Biskop Artemije said: Serbia should assamble its army, buy new weapons from Russia and declare Kosovo "Occupied by foreign forces".

That guy is 75 years old and still has some spunk in him:D

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2008, 04:40:54 AM »
Biskop Artemije said: Serbia should assamble its army, buy new weapons from Russia and declare Kosovo "Occupied by foreign forces".

That is actually the naked truth:

"occupied by foreign forces."
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2008, 04:48:30 AM »

That is actually the naked truth:

"occupied by foreign forces."

exactly

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2008, 06:56:26 AM »
This won't be the end of this.  Even if they get Kosovo, they will pull Hitler's game of always asking for a little more territory. They will say, what about this piece and what about that.  That's the Muslim game, they're pulling it Kashmir, Chechnya and Dagestan.  They're pulling it with Thailand, Georgia, and the Phillipines.  It's never enough and they are always the poor little Muslims.  The worst thing and the greatest motivation, is for them to retake formerly conquered lands.  Lands like Spain, southern France, Corsica, Malta, southern Italy and Greece MUST be reconquered according to Islam.  If a Muslim was there, they can now lay a claim to it.  That's why all of us from the USA, Canada, Europe, Israel and everywhere else have to get off this suicide train.  We have to oppose these people with every fiber of ourselves becasue they mean us great harm!!!! We can't let people like the southern Sudanese Christians and East Timorese get massacred without an outcry!!!!!

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2008, 03:17:11 PM »
I think Serbia should support the independence movements in France.  France is supporting Kosovo so they should see how it feels when Corsica, the Basque country and Brittany all declare independence and the world says its thier right.  What hypocrites.  At least Spain is smart enough to see the contradiction.  I wouldn't blame the Serbs for supporting independence for Hawaii, Guam, the Virgin Islands, American Samoa and the Northern Marianna Isalnds. 

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2008, 04:44:26 PM »
Jasmina do you have links to the articles you posted?

Offline Jasmina

• Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2008, 05:00:50 PM »
http://www.b92.net/eng/
  this is the site, but that was posted yesterday!