Author Topic: Is Anyone in the ISRAELI SERVICE???  (Read 1238 times)

Offline WALK STRONG

• Junior JTFer
Is Anyone in the ISRAELI SERVICE???
« on: February 17, 2008, 10:29:18 PM »
Hi,

This site is great!!!! It is like a dream come true! I have been waiting my whole life for someone to get something together, for all of us, that are for America & Israel to get together at. "Thank You" to whoever saw the vision and stood up and created this network. Thank you a million times over, JTF, is very much needed!!

Now to get to my question. My DREAM is to one day get to join the Israeli Service. I am an American Citizen. Right now, a college student. My goal is to finish college, join the Corps as an Officer. I was told that I have to be an Israeli Citizen in order to join the Israeli Service. Therefore my present goal is, finish college, join the Corps as an Officer,after I get out of the service, move to Israel, become a Law Enforcement Officer there, and then try to join the Israeli Service.

Is this practical thinking? Is anyone that is on this board, in the Israeli Service? Can you give me some details on whether I can join or not? I get told so much different information.

Also, I have heard that there are programs where you can go to Israel for two weeks out of the summer to volunteer to help. Is this true? Can someone give me some direction on how I can help America stand by Israel, and how I can help to support Israel?

Thanks!!

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Is Anyone in the ISRAELI SERVICE???
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 10:30:58 PM »
Hi,

This site is great!!!! It is like a dream come true! I have been waiting my whole life for someone to get something together, for all of us, that are for America & Israel to get together at. "Thank You" to whoever saw the vision and stood up and created this network. Thank you a million times over, JTF, is very much needed!!

Now to get to my question. My DREAM is to one day get to join the Israeli Service. I am an American Citizen. Right now, a college student. My goal is to finish college, join the Corps as an Officer. I was told that I have to be an Israeli Citizen in order to join the Israeli Service. Therefore my present goal is, finish college, join the Corps as an Officer,after I get out of the service, move to Israel, become a Law Enforcement Officer there, and then try to join the Israeli Service.

Is this practical thinking? Is anyone that is on this board, in the Israeli Service? Can you give me some details on whether I can join or not? I get told so much different information.

Also, I have heard that there are programs where you can go to Israel for two weeks out of the summer to volunteer to help. Is this true? Can someone give me some direction on how I can help America stand by Israel, and how I can help to support Israel?

Thanks!!

Try www.mahal2000.com

Offline Eliezer Ben Avraham

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 11:41:45 PM »
Hi,

Thanks!!
try Mike's dog program IBF (Israel's best friend)
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline Merkava

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 10:22:26 AM »
Welcome to JTF.

There are a few programmes which you can join.

1) MARVA (I think its about 2 months and you get to the basic military training)
http://www.destinationisrael.com/marva.asp

2) SAR-EL (3 weeks of helping out in a military base)
http://www.sar-el.org/

They are both great programmes. Have a look and see which one suits you the best.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 10:25:39 AM by Merkava »
"We are in 1938, and Iran is Germany"

Offline WALK STRONG

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 12:10:53 PM »
AWESOME MERKAVA!!!! I am going to check those out!!!

Eliezer you wrote: "try Mike's dog program IBF (Israel's best friend)"

Is there a website or anything that I can go to? How do I get in touch with this person? How may I learn more about his program?

Thanks everyone for the replies!

Offline Merkava

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 12:54:44 PM »
No worries buddy !

Let us know how you get on.  O0
"We are in 1938, and Iran is Germany"

Offline Eliezer Ben Avraham

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2008, 12:19:40 AM »
AWESOME MERKAVA!!!! I am going to check those out!!!

Eliezer you wrote: "try Mike's dog program IBF (Israel's best friend)"

Is there a website or anything that I can go to? How do I get in touch with this person? How may I learn more about his program?

Thanks everyone for the replies!
http://www.israelsbestfriend.org/index.htm
I think they are based in Tapuach, but they tend to branch out to other settlements as well
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2008, 01:08:54 AM »
I'm joining in 2 years
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh