Author Topic: Obamas Wife: For the FIRST time, Im proud of my country!!!!  (Read 1807 times)

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Obamas Wife: For the FIRST time, Im proud of my country!!!!
« on: February 19, 2008, 03:55:38 PM »
In her life, she's never been proud of this country, but NOW that there will be a BLACK president, she's changing her mind.

Well, we know his wife hates America, hmmmm..  I wonder if he shares her views!!!

Brian

http://youdecide08.foxnews.com/2008/02/19/michelle-obama-takes-heat-for-saying-shes-proud-of-my-country-for-the-first-time/

Barack Obama’s wife, Michelle, is under fire for leaving the impression that she hasn’t been proud of her country until now, when Democrats are beginning to rally around her husband’s campaign.

Speaking in Milwaukee, Wis., on Monday, she said, “People in this country are ready for change and hungry for a different kind of politics and … for the first time in my adult life I am proud of my country because it feels like hope is finally making a comeback.”

Greeted with rousing applause after making the comment in Milwaukee, Obama delivered an amended version of the speech later that day in Madison, Wis.

“For the first time in my adult lifetime, I’m really proud of my country … not just because Barack has done well, but because I think people are hungry for change,” she said. “I have been desperate to see our country moving in that direction and just not feeling so alone in my frustration and disappointment.”

Obama was born in 1964, meaning her adult life began in 1982. Critics quickly seized on the newfound national pride.

“I am proud of my country,” John McCain’s wife, Cindy, said at a campaign stop in Brookfield, Wis., Tuesday. “I don’t know if you heard those words earlier … but I am very proud of my country.”

During a follow up press conference, the Arizona senator was asked if they were responding to Michelle Obama and he deferred to his wife.

McCain responded: “I just wanted to make the statement that I have and always will be proud of my country.”

Obama campaign spokeswoman Jen Psaki said the candidate’s wife wasn’t trying to knock her country, only underscore the meaning behind her husband’s campaign.

“The point is that of course Michelle is proud of her country, which is why she and Barack talk constantly about how their story wouldn’t be possible in any other nation on Earth,” she said. “What she meant is that she’s really proud at this moment because for the first time in a long time, thousands of Americans who’ve never participated in politics before are coming out in record numbers to build a grassroots movement for change.”

But conservative outlets aren’t so ready to let her off the hook.

“Can it really be there has not been a moment during that time when she felt proud of her country?” reads an article in Commentary magazine. “Forget matters like the victory in the Cold War; how about only things that have made liberals proud — all the accomplishments of inclusion? How about the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1991? Or Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s elevation to the Supreme Court?”

The article then says Michelle Obama’s comments suggest “the pseudo-messianic nature of the Obama candidacy is very much a part of the way the Obamas themselves are feeling.”

Weekly Standard Editor Bill Kristol said the comment “was sort of revealing.”

“She was an adult when we won the Cold War without firing a shot. She was an adult for the last 25 years of economic progress, social progress,” he told FOX News. “I think the Democrats have to be careful … they’re running against the status quo … You have to be careful not to let that slide into a kind of indictment of America. Because I don’t think the American people think on the whole that the last 25 years of American history is a narrative of despair and nothing to be proud of.”

Democratic strategist Bob Beckel said Obama “shouldn’t have said it the way she said it” but she gets the benefit of his doubt. He added that she most likely was just referring to the grassroots movement that’s swelled to support her husband, but she needs to be more careful.

“The Obama’s have to recognize they are now front-runners, and everything they say, it’s now open hunting season for people,” he said.

Just Erica

Re: Obamas Wife: For the FIRST time, Im proud of my country!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 05:40:27 PM »
In her life, she's never been proud of this country, but NOW that there will be a BLACK president, she's changing her mind.

Well, we know his wife hates America, hmmmm..  I wonder if he shares her views!!!

Brian

http://youdecide08.foxnews.com/2008/02/19/michelle-obama-takes-heat-for-saying-shes-proud-of-my-country-for-the-first-time/

Barack Obama’s wife, Michelle, is under fire for leaving the impression that she hasn’t been proud of her country until now, when Democrats are beginning to rally around her husband’s campaign.

Speaking in Milwaukee, Wis., on Monday, she said, “People in this country are ready for change and hungry for a different kind of politics and … for the first time in my adult life I am proud of my country because it feels like hope is finally making a comeback.”

Greeted with rousing applause after making the comment in Milwaukee, Obama delivered an amended version of the speech later that day in Madison, Wis.

“For the first time in my adult lifetime, I’m really proud of my country … not just because Barack has done well, but because I think people are hungry for change,” she said. “I have been desperate to see our country moving in that direction and just not feeling so alone in my frustration and disappointment.”

Obama was born in 1964, meaning her adult life began in 1982. Critics quickly seized on the newfound national pride.

“I am proud of my country,” John McCain’s wife, Cindy, said at a campaign stop in Brookfield, Wis., Tuesday. “I don’t know if you heard those words earlier … but I am very proud of my country.”

During a follow up press conference, the Arizona senator was asked if they were responding to Michelle Obama and he deferred to his wife.

McCain responded: “I just wanted to make the statement that I have and always will be proud of my country.”

Obama campaign spokeswoman Jen Psaki said the candidate’s wife wasn’t trying to knock her country, only underscore the meaning behind her husband’s campaign.

“The point is that of course Michelle is proud of her country, which is why she and Barack talk constantly about how their story wouldn’t be possible in any other nation on Earth,” she said. “What she meant is that she’s really proud at this moment because for the first time in a long time, thousands of Americans who’ve never participated in politics before are coming out in record numbers to build a grassroots movement for change.”

“Can it really be there has not been a moment during that time when she felt proud of her country?” reads an article in Commentary magazine. “Forget matters like the victory in the Cold War; how about only things that have made liberals proud — all the accomplishments of inclusion? How about the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1991? Or Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s elevation to the Supreme Court?”

The article then says Michelle Obama’s comments suggest “the pseudo-messianic nature of the Obama candidacy is very much a part of the way the Obamas themselves are feeling.”

“She was an adult when we won the Cold War without firing a shot. She was an adult for the last 25 years of economic progress, social progress,” he told FOX News. “I think the Democrats have to be careful … they’re running against the status quo … You have to be careful not to let that slide into a kind of indictment of America. Because I don’t think the American people think on the whole that the last 25 years of American history is a narrative of despair and nothing to be proud of.”

Democratic strategist Bob Beckel said Obama “shouldn’t have said it the way she said it” but she gets the benefit of his doubt. He added that she most likely was just referring to the grassroots movement that’s swelled to support her husband, but she needs to be more careful.

“The Obama’s have to recognize they are now front-runners, and everything they say, it’s now open hunting season for people,” he said.
How many people are proud when not as many people who SHOULD vote, DON'T because of one reason or another? I understand where she's coming from. I'm proud for the same reason. More people in record numbers are coming out to vote and I'm extremely proud that they're taking the vote seriously.

Conservatives will think what they will think...they want to win. She could say, "I love apples" and the conservatives would translate that into "I HATE oranges!" This is a case of semantics.

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 06:17:49 PM »
erica, this shows that although she was given affirmative action to get into Harvard and she was passed and given a fake diploma from there even though she was not qualified to attend college, she is not happy with America unless they give her total power over their lives.
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Just Erica

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 06:22:05 PM »
erica, this shows that although she was given affirmative action to get into Harvard and she was passed and given a fake diploma from there even though she was not qualified to attend college, she is not happy with America unless they give her total power over their lives.
How in the HELL do you know she was given AA, judea? You're ...something else. Why is everything "You're affirmative Action...They're affirmative Action... he or she is affirmative action"? Why can't she have gotten a damned scholarship or even had her parents pay her way through college? YOU are crazy...and it's not the first time you've heard that from me.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 06:45:23 PM »
Erica.  If  you cant tell that this statement shows her absolute CONTEMPT for America unless there is a black president, then you are beyond help.  Its so freaken obvious.  You don't have to be a conservative or anything else to figure out this puzzle.  She isnt proud of her country and suddenly makes a U-turn because of.... what erica??  ummm...  hmmm.... what could it be....  I wonder... hmmmm....

Brian

Just Erica

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008, 06:49:47 PM »
Erica.  If  you cant tell that this statement shows her absolute CONTEMPT for America unless there is a black president, then you are beyond help.  Its so freaken obvious.  You don't have to be a conservative or anything else to figure out this puzzle.  She isnt proud of her country and suddenly makes a U-turn because of.... what erica??  ummm...  hmmm.... what could it be....  I wonder... hmmmm....

Brian

What it COULD be is that you and some others here are so concentrating on the fact that Obama is black that you can't see anything else. If Hillary had said something like that and she meant that she's proud of the fact that America stepped up to the plate to actually take action to vote would you think the same way?

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2008, 08:00:33 PM »
How in the HELL do you know she was given AA, judea?

Because the beneficiaries of Affirmative Action tell me so, Erica. ^-^

Mayor Bill Campbell who is black himself in April, 1996 said,

"Everybody who is a person of color in this country has benefited from affirmative action. There has not been anybody who has gotten into college on their own, nobody who's gotten a job on their own, no one who's prospered as a businessman or a businesswoman on their own without affirmative action."

The truth from the horse's mouth.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 08:02:07 PM by judeanoncapta »
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline firster555

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2008, 08:19:37 PM »
Hence one of the problems with Affirmative Action. Because of this abomination black people or other favored minorities who do succeed on their own merit are not percieved to have done so, more so by their own race than others.
In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man. Brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.

Just Erica

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2008, 08:45:27 PM »
How in the HELL do you know she was given AA, judea?

Because the beneficiaries of Affirmative Action tell me so, Erica. ^-^

Mayor Bill Campbell who is black himself in April, 1996 said,

"Everybody who is a person of color in this country has benefited from affirmative action. There has not been anybody who has gotten into college on their own, nobody who's gotten a job on their own, no one who's prospered as a businessman or a businesswoman on their own without affirmative action."

The truth from the horse's mouth.

Then that person lied. I'm in college also. Upon acceptance, I wasn't asked what my nationality is. NEVER. It didn't matter when I attended ANY college I went to. Just because a black man said that everyone who is of color has benefitted from Affirmative Action doesen't make him truthful. If I HAD benefitted from AA, surely I wouldn't have grown up in the ghetto or even have to take out a student loan to attend school. I think you and HE need a reality check.

Just Erica

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2008, 08:48:53 PM »
Hence one of the problems with Affirmative Action. Because of this abomination black people or other favored minorities who do succeed on their own merit are not percieved to have done so, more so by their own race than others.
Because AA exists every black is seen as someone who didnt' work to get to where they are. You are so right. I'm tired of being called an AA hire/this, that or the other, here. Something tells me though, that when AA is whiped out, there are still going to be white people who think that even a black who has earned their diplomas, degrees, job opportunities, and acceptances into schools based on their color. The ignorance will never die.

Offline Cyberella

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2008, 08:54:46 PM »
She is a loud-mouth racist with a deep streak of anti-Americanism.

At first it was her complaining about having to repay her college loans because mean old Uncle Sam didn’t pick up the whole tab for her Ivy League education.

What does she have to thank America for?

Princeton graduate
Harvard legal degree
Former vice president of the University of Chicago Medical Center
She and Barack make about $1,000,000 a year
Lives in a million dollar Mansion in an exclusive suburban community
Sends her daughters to an exclusive private school Married to a US senator running for the presidency

What a terrible life.

Maybe she should move to Africa where her husband's Muslim relatives live- she might learn a little appreciation for what America has given her!

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2008, 08:55:04 PM »
Personally I couldn't care less about the candidate's race, I'm all about the issues, who is going to make America strong, and who is going to hurt America, that's how I rate the candidates, Obama, Hilary, McCain? They span from mediocre to horrible depending on your perspective. Race? whatever, I'd take Alan Keyes over all of them any day!!
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline Jasmina

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2008, 09:11:41 PM »
  if America doesn't want you, you can come to Serbia! you will be very welcomed there! :-[
The whole system works because everyone is not mentally ill on the same day!!!!

Just Erica

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2008, 09:24:25 PM »
She is a loud-mouth racist with a deep streak of anti-Americanism.

At first it was her complaining about having to repay her college loans because mean old Uncle Sam didn’t pick up the whole tab for her Ivy League education.

What does she have to thank America for?

Princeton graduate
Harvard legal degree
Former vice president of the University of Chicago Medical Center
She and Barack make about $1,000,000 a year
Lives in a million dollar Mansion in an exclusive suburban community
Sends her daughters to an exclusive private school Married to a US senator running for the presidency

What a terrible life.

Maybe she should move to Africa where her husband's Muslim relatives live- she might learn a little appreciation for what America has given her!

She was talking about how proud she is for the first time that Americans are standing for what they believe in and you're calling her a racist? Why are you angry with her because of the things she's done in her life?

Offline Eliezer Ben Avraham

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2008, 11:13:35 PM »

Brian

I think we should all be proud! Finally, after this people might realize Obama is full of it
KAHANE TZADAK!