Author Topic: Liberals love europe........but totally ignore Switzerland.  (Read 9963 times)

newman

Liberals love europe........but totally ignore Switzerland.
« on: February 17, 2008, 05:53:49 AM »
The Wall Street Journal Europe
June 4, 1999 Stephen P. Halbrook

In 1994, when the U.S. Congress debated whether to ban "assault weapons," a talk show host asked then-Senator Bill Bradley (New Jersey), a sponsor of the ban, whether guns cause crime. The host noted that, in Switzerland, all males are issued assault rifles for militia service and keep them at home, yet little crime exists there. Sen. Bradley responded that the Swiss "are pretty dull."
For those who think that target shooting is more fun than golf, however, Switzerland is anything but "dull." By car or train, you see shooting ranges everywhere, but few golf courses. If there is a Schuetzenfest (shooting festival) in town, you will find rifles slung on hat racks in restaurants, and you will encounter men and women, old and young, walking, biking and taking the tram with rifles over their shoulders, to and from the range. They stroll right past the police station and no one bats an eye. (Try this in the U.S., and a SWAT Team might do you in.).................

............. But shooting is the national sport, and the backbone of the national defense as well. More per capita firepower exists in Switzerland than in any other place in the world, yet it is one of the safest places to be.................

.............The U.N. study omits mention of Switzerland, which is awash in guns and has substantially lower murder and robbery rates than England, where most guns are banned.
Here are the figures: The Swiss Federal Police Office reports that in 1997 there were 87 intentional homicides and 102 attempted homicides in the entire country. Some 91 of these 189 murders and attempts involved firearms. With its population of seven million (including 1.2 million foreigners), Switzerland had a homicide rate of 1.2 per 100,000. There were 2,498 robberies (and attempted robberies), of which 546 involved firearms, resulting in a robbery rate of 36 per 100,000. Almost half of these crimes were committed by non-resident foreigners, whom locals call "criminal tourists."
Sometimes, the data sound too good to be true. In 1993, not a single armed robbery was reported in Geneva. No one seems to be looking at the Swiss example in the U.S...................

...................But there have been no school massacres in Switzerland, where guns and kids mix freely. At shooting matches, bicycles aplenty are parked outside. Inside the firing shelter, the competitors pay 12-year-olds tips to keep score. The 16-year-olds shoot rifles with men and women of all ages. In fact, the tourist brochure, "Zurich News" recommends September's Knabenschiessen (boy's shooting contest) as a must-see: "The oldest Zurich tradition consists of a shooting contest at the Albisguetli (range) for 12 to 16 year-old boys and girls and a colorful three-day fun-fair." The event has been held since 1657, and attracts thousands of teenage participants and spectators.
While many shoot for sport, all males aged 20 to 42 are required by militia system regulation to keep rifles and/or pistols at home. In addition, gun shops abound. Yet firearms are rarely used in crime.

Homicide is tied to a willingness to resort to violence, not the mere presence of guns. The prevalence of firearms in the home and the participation of youth in shooting matches bind youth to adults and discourages a generation gap.

By contrast, homicide rates are highest in the underdeveloped countries, many of which ban private firearm possession. In some, private murder does not compare to the genocidal murder committed by governments against their unarmed subjects.

In America, firearms take on a sinister reputation from the nightly news and violent movies. But in Switzerland, firearms symbolize a wholesome, community activity. The typical weekend shooting festival brings out the entire family. Beside the range is a huge tent where scores or hundreds of people are eating, drinking, and socializing. With cantonal and rifle club banners fluttering in the wind, the melody of rifle fire blends with Alpine music and cow bells.

Since its founding in 1291, Switzerland has depended on an armed populace for its defense. William Tell used a crossbow not only to shoot the apple from his son's head, but also to kill the tyrant Gessler. For centuries, the cantonal republic defeated the powerful armies of the European monarchs. Machiavelli wrote in 1532: "The Swiss are well armed and enjoy great freedom."
This coincidence has not escaped the notice of those who oppose liberty.

Monarchist philosopher Jean Bodin, writing in 1606, denounced free speech and arms possession by commoners. Subjects must be disarmed to prevent democratic sedition, he said. The Swiss proved, Bodin wrongly averred, that arms bearing was "the cause of an infinite number of murders."
The Swiss militia model, however, preserved democracy and held Europe's despots at bay. In fact, it inspired the rebellious American colonists.
John Adams praised the democratic Swiss Cantons, where every man was entitled to vote on laws and to bear arms. Patrick Henry, another American Founding Father, lauded the Swiss for maintaining their independence without "a mighty and splendid President" or a standing army.....................

Full story:

http://www.theblessingsofliberty.com/articles/article11.html

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Liberals love europe........but totally ignore Switzerland.
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 02:21:16 PM »
No surprise, Switzerland has a higher ratio of gun ownership than England yet less crime.

newman

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 02:24:27 PM »
No surprise, Switzerland has a higher ratio of gun ownership than England yet less crime.

Switzerland has more 'firepower' per head of population than the USA does. It also has the lowest crime and murder rate in the whole world.

I wonder how the liberals always overlook this. ::)

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 02:34:08 PM »

Switzerland has more 'firepower' per head of population than the USA does. It also has the lowest crime and murder rate in the whole world.

I've brought it up in several forums and they always say "oh Switzerland is different, they follow the militia model and their cultures different" yet if I mention differences in culture, they refer back to bowling to columbine and say America should be disarmed, talk about hypocrites.

newman

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 12:49:30 AM »

I've brought it up in several forums and they always say "oh Switzerland is different, they follow the militia model and their cultures different" yet if I mention differences in culture, they refer back to bowling to columbine and say America should be disarmed, talk about hypocrites.

So according to these certifiably insane liberals (see the WND story) Switzerland is armed to the teeth AND safe because of culture. Yet, when we site an amoral culture as the cause of  America's crime, they say it's guns and NOT culture?? :o

Am I missing something?

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 05:27:08 AM »
Switzerland is Nazi for stealing Jews money etc. during WWII and storing it in their Nazi banks!

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008, 05:28:40 AM »
Switzerland is Nazi for stealing Jews money etc. during WWII and storing it in their Nazi banks!

Well, they kept money from Jews and nazis.
These bank-accounts are secret, so they will never give it back.
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2008, 11:33:30 AM »

Yes everyone and everything is a Nazi  ::)

newman

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2008, 11:36:11 AM »

Hey Cohen,

All the milsurp .308 has dried up in the States. It used to be $150-$250/1,000. Now the cheapest is $500!

What's everyone doing for ammo?

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2008, 12:36:43 PM »

Hey Cohen,

All the milsurp .308 has dried up in the States. It used to be $150-$250/1,000. Now the cheapest is $500!

Prices are driving us nuts, there isn't really any .308 surplus ammo available here.

I've been mainly stocking up on .223 ammo while I can, I don't have any firearms in 7.62x39 (yet), and winchester white box at walmarts gone up for 100 rounds by about 5 bucks.

I've been mainly buying that Russian wolf surplus stuff (steel cased), it's a bit dirty but it's cheap and works fine, not really reloadable though.

I was a little skeptical about wolf at first as the laquer coated stuff would gunk up the chamber and it was like glue, I guess the new stuff is polymer coated and doesn't have the same problems.

newman

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2008, 12:46:57 PM »

Hey Cohen,

Prices are driving us nuts, there isn't really any .308 surplus ammo available here.

I've been mainly stocking up on .223 ammo while I can, I don't have any firearms in 7.62x39 (yet), and winchester white box at walmarts gone up for 100 rounds by about 5 bucks.

I've been mainly buying that Russian wolf surplus stuff (steel cased), it's a bit dirty but it's cheap and works fine, not really reloadable though.

I was a little skeptical about wolf at first as the laquer coated stuff would gunk up the chamber and it was like glue, I guess the new stuff is polymer coated and doesn't have the same problems.

Polymer coating is fine. I used it years ago on an sks......right as rain.

You can't win.

.223 is reasonable, but any .30 cal: 30-06 all gone apart from some greek surplus still $500/ 1,000. Same for 8mm mauser.

7.62x54r is all corrosive unlus you get new stuff at it's $600-$800/1,000.

All the other mil-surp-.303,7.5 Swiss, 6.5 Swedish.........all gone or near sporting ammo prices.

US Gov't is buying up all the russian stuff for the Iraqi army and shooting every .308 round it's got.

I guess .22s are looking good. ;)

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2008, 12:49:49 PM »
.223 is reasonable but it's definitely gone up quite a bit.

I guess 7.62x39 is pretty well priced at this point.

Feeding my FN FAL is going to get expensive.

newman

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2008, 12:52:08 PM »

Is your FAL european, British or Israeli pattern?

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2008, 03:54:49 PM »

I had it custom built on a parts kit, I believe it was south african (R1), the receivers by Imbel.

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2008, 06:31:38 PM »

FAL is Belgian FN pattern.
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2008, 09:33:08 PM »
I shouldn't have said FN, it's Imbel which I believe is Brazil.

newman

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2008, 05:31:49 AM »

FAL is Belgian FN pattern.

Yes but there are different versions of it by different countries who paid liscence fees to FN.

newman

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2008, 05:35:45 AM »
Switzerland sounds insteresting! I hear that they have REALLY hard immigration laws and that they even give a hard time to muslims who want citizenship..unlike the rest of Europe.

Is Switzerland also a ticking time bomb full of mooslims who want to ruing the country? Or would it be the last place of sanity in Europe?

I ask because I am seriously looking for another country to live in, the way things are going in the US, I am leaving before they start forcing kids in school to learn Spanish as a first language and other issues here.
When I was a little kid I wanted to go back to my roots-England but THAT's going to dogs (literally by sharia dogs) So I will NEVER move there.

So overall, how is Switzerland?

The turd worlder situation is better than the rest of europe. Their culture is better too. They work and study more and Swiss girls are harder to get into bed.

Unfortunately I read that many Swiss politicians and academics are suffering from the "why-can't-we-be-like-everybody-else" disease that afflicts some Jews and Americans. It's also land locked. Damn hard to invade but a muSSlim dominated europe could choke it or nuke it.

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2008, 08:17:59 AM »
Switzerland sounds insteresting! I hear that they have REALLY hard immigration laws and that they even give a hard time to muslims who want citizenship..unlike the rest of Europe.

Is Switzerland also a ticking time bomb full of mooslims who want to ruing the country? Or would it be the last place of sanity in Europe?

I ask because I am seriously looking for another country to live in, the way things are going in the US, I am leaving before they start forcing kids in school to learn Spanish as a first language and other issues here.
When I was a little kid I wanted to go back to my roots-England but THAT's going to dogs (literally by sharia dogs) So I will NEVER move there.

So overall, how is Switzerland?

The turd worlder situation is better than the rest of europe. Their culture is better too. They work and study more and Swiss girls are harder to get into bed.

Unfortunately I read that many Swiss politicians and academics are suffering from the "why-can't-we-be-like-everybody-else" disease that afflicts some Jews and Americans. It's also land locked. Damn hard to invade but a muSSlim dominated europe could choke it or nuke it.

Actually no West-European country is free of turd-worlders.
You have to go some of to the former Soviet-satelite-states e.g. BellaRuse.

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2008, 10:53:31 AM »
Well it sounds better than the rest of Europe, but I don't know how long it will last so I don't know.
I guess my search for a NEW country to live in will continue!

If I can't find a new country to move to, then I'll just stay in the US and go live in Alaska. I don't know how many latinos from their hot tropical countries or mooslims from their hot desert hell hole will stand living in Alaska! Whereas I come from a cold whether ancestry and would have no problem living there!
It has no use to flee away from the problem.

We must expell all turd-world invaders, instead of surrendering our nations to them.
We must outnumber them.
Switserland is a bad choice to flee muslims and blacks.

Only parts of East-Europe are OK.

Alaska and other artic remote places will be invaded as well, if the global warming theory is right, that is.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2008, 11:58:49 AM »
Global warming exists, it's just a debate if it's man made or not.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2008, 11:59:17 AM »
Something to add to this:

Liberals used to proudly point to France as it used to have a lower crime rate than the U.S.  and say it was because of their highly socialized government, etc.  Now France has off-the-charts crime in places like Paris (I wonder why???????), and far higher crime rates than nearly any other U.S. city (Excluding D.C.)

ALSO, the states with the highest gun ownership have the lowest crime.  Places like Idaho have zero crime, and yes, every family has a gun...  and the cities with the strictest gun control have the highest crime. (Im talking about D.C. of course)

Brian

newman

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2008, 12:30:43 PM »
Mills,

Do a bit of googling as there is still free land in Alaska under the old Homesteader Act. It's complicated but you can get free land.

Take your woollen undies, though. ;)

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2008, 02:40:20 PM »
Hah, if that melangiana gets into the white house, I'm moving to Switzerland for four years  O0