Author Topic: Perhaps most of you missing the point about Shas gay-earthquake comments  (Read 1167 times)

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Please don't fall for smoke and mirrors.  This is Shas clearly pandering to religious voters.  This is their outward measure to pull the wool over your eyes further that they are a 'religious' party.  They make bigoted anti-gay statements, guaranteed to make headlines, and religious Jews in Israel sitting in yeshiva get the further impression that these guys are religious, go back to their sefer, and will vote for them next time, since anti-gay rhetoric must mean they are committed to Torah right?  They are trying to maintain a base of support in the face of their Left-wing SECULAR party activities.  The haters of gays also eat this stuff up and thump a midrash or Talmud aggada as giving Shas legitimacy in their wacked out comments.  Come on, you should know better.  Perhaps it is Shas's willingness to divide Jerusalem that is causing the Earthquakes in Israel.  That would be far more likely.

Shas is a political party and those making this statement are knesset MK's.  They are open to criticism of political decisions and statements on the public record.  Ignoring everything else we know about Shas and disregarding the current political climate, everything else a level playing field, the comments are irresponsible at best.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Perhaps most of you missing the point about Shas gay-earthquake comments
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 12:36:21 AM »
A sign of new elections comming? I disagree, the comments aren't innapropriate and why shouldn't they be said? Not to hurt their feelings?
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Perhaps most of you missing the point about Shas gay-earthquake comments
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 12:51:42 AM »
A sign of new elections comming? I disagree, the comments aren't innapropriate and why shouldn't they be said? Not to hurt their feelings?

They are insane, they reflect badly on religious Jews since they come out sounding ignorant, and they have a CLEAR POLITICAL AGENDA.   "sign of new elections" come on Tzvi, get real.  There will be an election after the Olmert govt collapses. As Shas told its followers, election sometime 'before November 2008." They don't intend to bring it down or else they would have already.  Y Beteinu left, Shas could have followed.   There are many months to go, but Shas has to hedge its bets and still play the 'religious' card.  You (they) cannot disregard Jerusalem and then in the same sentence talk about how evil gayness is.  You have no moral credibility unless you are using the Torah law and abiding by it.