Author Topic: Letter from S.E.A.L. 's father to Pelosi  (Read 979 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Letter from S.E.A.L. 's father to Pelosi
« on: February 22, 2008, 02:18:19 PM »
From Ann coulters forum

2/11/2008

Representative Nancy Pelosi
Speaker of the House
The United States House of Representative
Washington, D.C.

Dear Speaker Pelosi:

On CNN’s “Late Edition” on Sunday, February 10, you were quoted as stating twice that “Iraq is a failure,” adding that the troop surge has “not produced the desired effect.” And then, you had the audacity to add, “The troops have succeeded, G-d bless them.” I know also, because I have paid close attention, that you are using all of your power and influence to bring our troops home and end the war now.

My son, Mark Carter, was killed in action on December 12, 2007, in Iraq. He was a Navy Seal.

My son, Mark, died with honor. He gave his life for a great cause, something much greater than himself. He put his life in harm’s way, and paid the ultimate sacrifice with great courage, so that our freedom may be protected.

Over the past few months, Mark had participated in over 150 of the nation’s most dangerous military missions. There is no doubt that he saved many lives, not only of his brothers in arms, but Iraqi civilians, and, yes, certainly American citizens both abroad and at home. He and his fellow soldiers are taking the war to the enemy, and there is no doubt that they are preventing the war from coming again to our own soil.

Mark and his brothers in arms have no doubt that they are winning this war, and that they are making progress in Iraq. His companions in arms have told me what they are doing, and how they are making a difference over there. They are convinced that they will be successful in destroying terrorism. They are doing it day by day, night by night, with great personal risk and sacrifice. And, it is by no means clear that the war is a failure. I would like to reference you to an article entitled “Al-Queda leaders admit: ‘We are in crisis. There is panic and fear’” dated today, from Times Online. www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/iraq/article3346386.ece This doesn’t sound like failure to me.

Their greatest obstacle is not the enemy overseas. It is the ambivalence of many of their fellow American citizens at home. And this ambivalence and doubt is fomented and strengthened by their leaders, such as you. Can you imagine how Mark would feel, and his brothers in arms, when they hear a leader such as you declare the war a failure? Can you imagine how they feel when they see their political leaders at home do everything within their power to sabotage the war effort, to end the war before it is won, to bring the troops home before victory? Don’t you see that to declare that the war is a failure, and to commit to bring the troops home before it is won is tantamount to handing the victory to our enemy?

I suppose that intelligent adults may disagree about the wisdom of fighting this war. I suppose that mature adults may argue about tactics and policy. But the time for that discussion was before the war, and, I imagine, there will be opportunity again after it. But to openly promote surrender without honor, when the best of our sons are over there spilling their blood, to me, amounts to aiding and abetting the enemy, and brings dishonor to every young American who is putting his life on the line over there, and to every American here at home who is giving of his time and means to support the soldiers. It is a betrayal of our American honor, it is a betrayal of ourselves.

These statements of yours are irresponsible and mutually contradictory. You can’t have it both ways. It is easy and glib for you to say, “I am against the war, but I support the soldiers.” This will fool only those who are looking for an easy excuse to justify their weakness. It is an insult to any normal, red-blooded, patriotic American. It is no consolation to the American soldier who daily places his life on the line, or to his family who lies awake at night worrying about whether their son or daughter will come home to them again.

I call upon you to fulfill your responsibility as a leader in the American political arena to fully support our troops overseas in this great effort. I call upon you to place petty political considerations aside, and to use all of your power and influence to ensure our troops are victorious, and then to bring them home with honor and glory, having destroyed the threat that terrorism brings to America. If we as a nation were united in fighting this war, we could win it so much easier and faster.

I do this to honor Mark’s sacrifice for you and for me. I do it to honor the sacrifice of the best of our young men and women who have given the best part of their lives. I do it so that Mark may not have spilled this blood and paid the great price of his own life for anything less than the triumph of liberty and freedom in this world. That is a sacrifice worth making. That is honor worth dying for.

I invoke the memory of my son’s life and of his sacrifice, and that of the other brave men and women who have given their lives for their country. I want you to acknowledge it, honor it, live for it, and remember it. I want you to be worthy of it. I call upon you to lead our country in mustering all of it’s strength, might, and power to destroy and defeat this enemy. If you are not willing to do that, I call upon you to resign your position, for you are no longer worthy to hold your position as a leader of the American people.

Sincerely,

Thomas M. Carter
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 02:22:44 PM by mord »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

newman

Re: Letter from S.E.A.L. 's father to Pelosi
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 02:57:34 PM »
Pelosi is a liberal, elitist phonie. She wants to ban ALL civillian gun ownership but she owns AND carries a handgun! She deserves to be raped by a gang of arabs.