Author Topic: Whats Purim?  (Read 1230 times)

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
Whats Purim?
« on: March 13, 2008, 08:19:58 AM »
Being that I wouldn't actually know, can any of you tell me what you do on this holiday?  What's the ritual?

Like this up coming week is one of the holiest week for all Christians around the globe.  We got Palm Sunday and then one week later it is Easter Sunday.

But I don't know what Purim is.  Enlighten me.  O0
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
Re: Whats Purim?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 08:27:16 AM »
We eat cookies. :D O0

No seriously, MW, here you go.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purim

By the way, have you heard any good feedback from your Orient trip on the animation?  Hope everything worked out.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 08:30:09 AM by Ari »

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 08:30:47 AM »
It's when Haman an Amalakite persian tried [to have was it xerxes?]  kill all the Jews instead he and his sons were hung and The Jews killed over 75.000persians
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 08:34:19 AM »
We eat cookies. :D O0

No seriously, MW, here you go.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purim

By the way, have you heard any good feedback from your Orient trip on the animation?  Hope everything worked out.

Thank you Ari, well I hope so I have to return to the Far East around the Thanksgiving holiday.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 08:35:28 AM »
It's when Haman an Amalakite persian tried [to have was it xerxes?]  kill all the Jews instead he and his sons were hung and The Jews killed over 75.000persians

Do all Jews observe it? Or suppose to.  Or is it just for certain Jews that came from certain parts of the world?

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 08:37:27 AM »
The number of attackers slain in the provices is not mentioned
   it is mentioned 75.000  ..All Jews celebrate it
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2008, 08:41:41 AM »
Is it close in resembling any Christian or Secular holiday?  Maybe if it had some simularity to a Christian holiday ritual I would be able to understand it better.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2008, 08:44:08 AM »
Is it close in resembling any Christian or Secular holiday?  Maybe if it had some simularity to a Christian holiday ritual I would be able to understand it better.
Not really maybe someone knows better then me,but i can'nt find a comparison

Shot at 2010-01-03