Author Topic: why no dogs in Jewish homes?  (Read 17655 times)

Offline Tina Greco - Melbourne

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: why no dogs in Jewish homes?
« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2008, 10:00:02 AM »
I suppose I am in a very different position where I work along animals and many things that far and above what you or any one else class as natural behaviour. On the weekend I assessed 30 dogs, all from different backgrounds for a therapy program. Currently we have 700 nation wide.

These dogs have an added gift, we use that for our program.

We place dogs into hospitals, nursing homes, and schools. Many of these dogs will not respond to their own names when off lead.

I admit, my dogs are poorly trained in the sit stay routines. But they have a natural empathy in caring and adjusting themselves in a therapy role.

Why? simple because they see what is needed and fill the need. How? No one knows they just do it.

No explanation in nature or normal dog behaviour can match it.

The only logical answer is they have the ability to adjust their own behaviour which is unlearnt.

To say these animals are soulless empty shells, is a untrue. The only possible explanation is G-d allowed these dogs to do what is unheard of, they get no reward from it, no food and sometimes little to no interaction for the clients. But they work happy and content in their roles.

The dog controls the level of activity and time period it works. You can't force an animal to do what we ask of it. It chooses to do it itself.

Many things in the animal kingdom, with many animals remain unexpected. Many animals have an idea of self. Which was believed only to exist in humans. Over time and studys, many myths have been revoked.

I maintain its up to the individual what they believe, I have no intention of trying to convert closed minds.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 10:02:43 AM by Fidei defensor »

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2008, 10:03:20 AM »
Re:  "...Besides, how would an animal become evil?..."

From watching too much television!

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2008, 10:08:39 AM »
Re:  "...Besides, how would an animal become evil?..."

From watching too much television!

I must have the hounds from hell, because thats what most of my dogs do all day  :::D

Boeregeneraal

« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2008, 10:15:28 AM »
I suppose I am in a very different position where I work along animals and many things that far and above what you or any one else class as natural behaviour. On the weekend I assessed 30 dogs, all from different backgrounds for a therapy program. Currently we have 700 nation wide.

We place dogs into hospitals, nursing homes, and schools. Many of these dogs will not respond to their own names when off lead.

I admit, my dogs are poorly trained in the sit stay routines. But they have a natural empathy in caring and adjusting themselves in a therapy role.

Why? simple because they see what is needed and fill the need. How? No one knows they just do it.

The only logical answer is they have the ability to adjust their own behaviour which is unlearnt.

To say these animals are soulless empty shells, is a untrue. The only possible explanation is G-d allowed these dogs to do what is unheard of, they get no reward from it, no food and sometimes little to no interaction for the clients. But they work happy and content in their roles.

The dog controls the level of activity and time period it works. You can't force an animal to do what we ask of it. It chooses to do it itself.

Many things in the animal kingdom, with many animals remain unexpected. Many animals have an idea of self. Which was believed only to exist in humans. Over time and studys, many myths have been revoked.

I maintain its up to the individual what they believe, I have no intention of trying to convert closed minds.

skip, is that you?!

haha ok, I was wondering who is this Fideo person...and I must have missed her...haha :D

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2008, 10:28:26 AM »
Cats are more clean animals; are they prohibited by Talmud too? And Btw animal is from latin the animus so they do posses some (animating) spirit or soul but not human one. and Btw G-d created Adam and Eve without the ability of  knowing between the good and evil but they posseded already the soul or the life giving breath of G-d. 
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2008, 10:29:46 AM »

skip, is that you?!

haha ok, I was wondering who is this Fideo person...and I must have missed her...haha :D

Yes Its Meeeeeeeeeeee  :D

Now you know I have to Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllll you  :::D :::D

Tell me Boere what gave me away  ;) ;D

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2008, 10:33:14 AM »

skip, is that you?!

Yes Its Meeeeeeeeeeee  :D

Now you know I have to Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllll you  :::D :::D

Tell me Boere what gave me away  ;) ;D

How many newbies with 6 kilo of posts you can have? What fide do you defend here Skippy? ;D
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2008, 10:37:09 AM »
Yes Yacov,I understand what you mean.But we Christians believe we are not bound by the Law.
wayne jude

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2008, 10:50:31 AM »
Yes Yacov,I understand what you mean.But we Christians believe we are not bound by the Law.
wayne jude

Only the Noahide ones pretty much.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #59 on: April 07, 2008, 06:35:25 PM »
How many newbies with 6 kilo of posts you can have? What fide do you defend here Skippy? ;D

What faith? The one where common sense and the word of G-d is essential. 

Boeregeneraal

« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2008, 09:09:45 PM »
 :::D :::D :::D

The dogs.....oh the dogs..... :::D

And then I had a closer look, and saw it's closer to your old skip mark...and, that I had not seen ol skip around.

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #61 on: April 07, 2008, 11:40:13 PM »
evil animals? ???

it's impossible for animals to be 'evil'! If animals APPEAR to be evil...it's a result of their owners' evil

Animals have souls... not human souls but they have animal souls.

An evil dog would be one that is mean or aggressive towards other people. People know when an animal is hateful or vicious towards people who are not threatening. This is what it means when it says evil when talking about dogs.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline Mstislav

• Master JTFer
  • islam must be eradicated & all muslims wiped out
    • The American Infidels
« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2008, 07:59:14 PM »
Because if a Jew with a pet dog lives in a neighborhood with Koreans, and the dog suddenly disappears, it causes "cultural conflict".

Never again will the Jew accept a dinner invitation from them.
:::D
The satanic barbaric deathcult of islam spread like a cancer throughout the world, killing and destroying everything it touches. muslims are like the hiv/aids virus, subverting the societies of non muslim lands only to allow the cancer of islam to consume and destroy. muslim, I curse and hate you, your 'prophet', 'g o d' and deathcult.   

Because the West needs to be won again and the stakes couldn't be higher . . .

Offline Mstislav

• Master JTFer
  • islam must be eradicated & all muslims wiped out
    • The American Infidels
« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2008, 08:11:10 PM »
How do you tell if a dog is evil?

If the dog has attacked another for no reason. It is rare, but I have known dogs that have been what I call evil.

The fact remains many animals are not evil, its more of man teaching it to be so.

Classic example of evil animals. In the 1800's in Africa, two male lions, the natives called the Ghost and the Darkness, hunted and kill men for no reason. It was a sport to the lions. This is evil.

Where many Lions hunt for food only, attack in protection of their pride.

They made a film regarding them. The story was true.

Humans hunt for sport, is that evil? Do you not think that humans might have caused some harm to the 2 lions in their younger days causing them to want to kill humans?
The satanic barbaric deathcult of islam spread like a cancer throughout the world, killing and destroying everything it touches. muslims are like the hiv/aids virus, subverting the societies of non muslim lands only to allow the cancer of islam to consume and destroy. muslim, I curse and hate you, your 'prophet', 'g o d' and deathcult.   

Because the West needs to be won again and the stakes couldn't be higher . . .

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2008, 08:26:48 PM »

If the dog has attacked another for no reason. It is rare, but I have known dogs that have been what I call evil.

The fact remains many animals are not evil, its more of man teaching it to be so.

Classic example of evil animals. In the 1800's in Africa, two male lions, the natives called the Ghost and the Darkness, hunted and kill men for no reason. It was a sport to the lions. This is evil.

Humans hunt for sport, is that evil? Do you not think that humans might have caused some harm to the 2 lions in their younger days causing them to want to kill humans?

I think hunting for sport is evil, hunting for food or culling for a reason is not.

They say these Lions never came in contact with humans before. I have no idea, but knowing the evil of man, I would not be surprised.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2008, 10:31:13 AM »

Hunting is prohibited in Judaism.

Offline Zevida

• Full JTFer
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2008, 04:32:53 PM »

And why should we hunt?  That's why we have nice kosher butchers.  ;D
By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. (Ps 137)

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2008, 07:42:41 PM »

So you are telling me Jews never once hunted for food, or even ate meat?

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2008, 07:44:22 PM »

And why should we hunt?  That's why we have nice kosher butchers.  ;D

That home deliver  ;)

Offline Zevida

• Full JTFer
« Reply #69 on: April 11, 2008, 02:26:51 PM »
So you are telling me Jews never once hunted for food, or even ate meat?

Here's the best answer I can give on that.  We Jews tend to think of our ancestors, ie Jacob and his sons.  They owned flocks and therefore could eat meat without the need to hunt.  There are now and have been roaming desert groups who are Jewish.  Those who did not have flocks of their own were still allowed to eat kosher meat. 

The best form of Jewish hunting I've come across is actually in an illustrated children's book.  ;D  It shows a man chasing a deer with a stick (to scare it, but not to hit it).  He has an enclosure (wooden fenced area) with a gate to chase the deer towards.  That way he can trap the deer without having to use an actual trap which would injure the animal and cause it stress therefore making it terefah.  It doesn't illustrate the slaughter, but I imagine he would be planning to slaughter this deer according to kashrut once he has it trapped.

Now that comes from a kid's book, not a history book so take it with a grain of salt.   ;D

Sounds like a good question for a Rabbi who studies a lot of history.  ;)
By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. (Ps 137)

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #70 on: April 13, 2008, 10:40:00 AM »
well it was a question I already knew the answer too, that is of course they hunted  :::D

And I loved the story book tho  O0