Author Topic: :( I LOST MY FURRY BUDDY TONIGHT  (Read 3518 times)

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
Re: :( I LOST MY FURRY BUDDY TONIGHT
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2008, 11:41:18 AM »
Sorry to hear that. I disagree though with killing sick pets. I think it is inhumane to animals and you should treat them like you would people. Would you kill a sick relative with a lethal injection for a crime they didn't commit?

Yacov, there are times when the animal simply can not be cured, and allowing them to go on living would be cruelty. There are also times when the animal is dying, but dying a slow, painful death. It's better for the animal to have a way out.

You're quite correct, Ruby.

Allowing an incurable creature to suffer needlessly is cruel and insane.

Agreed.  My  dog had cancer all over her body and although she would have been able to live longer, letting her live would have been unbelievably cruel because she would have been living in extreme pain. 

My condolences to both Masterwolf and ape has killed ape for your losses.  I can't even stand the thought of my cat dying.  That's why I always cherish the time I have with her while she's alive.   
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2008, 12:35:48 PM »
I am so sorry for your loss  :-[

Offline Johnson Brown

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2008, 01:11:24 PM »
Sorry to hear that. I disagree though with killing sick pets. I think it is inhumane to animals and you should treat them like you would people. Would you kill a sick relative with a lethal injection for a crime they didn't commit?

You are very young so you have probably never seen people or animals suffer from a disease and to answer your question, yes I and everyone else on here who had a sick relative or friend that had no hope of recovering would want them to be given an injection to put them out of their pain.

Offline Johnson Brown

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2008, 01:12:21 PM »
That's too bad, but just think of the long good life you gave your cat.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2008, 01:32:36 PM »
So sorry for your loss, Masterwolf and Ape.  May your pets rest in peace. 

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2008, 01:45:20 PM »

yaacov, i disagree wtih you half way. With a sick relative, you go in accordance to Judaism by erring on the side of life until proven otherwise by a Rabbi.

With an animal, I believe you err on the side of its death.  Animals kill each other on a regular basis due their nature and lack of soul (that is a soul that mimicks one of a human).  As human beings we should be humane to Gd's living creatures and therefore take care of them while they are healthy and alive and end their lives humanely when they are sick or a danger to other human beings.

And yes, I can't stand the sight of a suffering animal especially a mammal especially a pet one has raised and grown up with..and i'm sure there is a place for their cat or dog souls to be..but it's for Gd to also determine and for us not to worry about.  The death of a loved human one and loved pet one is part of the circle of life and part of our soul's growth.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2008, 05:10:44 PM »

Yacov, there are times when the animal simply can not be cured, and allowing them to go on living would be cruelty. There are also times when the animal is dying, but dying a slow, painful death. It's better for the animal to have a way out.

When our cats died, we let them die a natural death.

Mine had nature and old age striking her, but even with survival it would be no way for the animal to live and would be really cruel for the animal to live suffering like that.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2008, 06:31:29 PM »

When our cats died, we let them die a natural death.

That's what we always hope for, that the animals will die naturally. Most people don't put their pets to sleep simply because the pets are sick, but because they have no other choice. Killing an animal could be cruel if it were a young, healthy pet, or if it were sick with something that could be cured. If an animal is in constant pain, can't eat or stand on its own, is eaten up with cancer, or some other major malady that causes either constant pain or an extremely low quality of life, then it's cruelty to let them keep going like that. It's kindness and love to let them go.

Offline JTFSupporter

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2008, 01:00:46 AM »
I've been away from the forum for a while. I got back and while I was catching up on things, I found your post about your cat. I'm sorry, as I know what it's like to lose a member of the family. May she rest in peace.