Author Topic: The anthem of the survivalist movement.  (Read 2635 times)

newman

The anthem of the survivalist movement.
« on: March 25, 2008, 07:16:52 AM »
"I got a shotgun, a rifle & a four wheel drive..............
 a country boy can survive."-----Hank Williams Jr

http://www.kovideo.net/music/video/Hank-Williams-Jr---A-Country-Boy-Can-Survive/613.html

Offline old06

• Junior JTFer
Re: The anthem of the survivalist movement.
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 05:14:54 PM »
how true  how true   O0                 I been that way my whole life and now showing the grandkids the way to survie we plant a acer and half garden and can what we need for winter shoot a few deer every year fix all our own equipment 4 wheelers, farm  tractors and equipment, cars trucks, do our own building of barns and what ever need's to be done.

newman

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 11:27:52 PM »
how true  how true   O0                 I been that way my whole life and now showing the grandkids the way to survie we plant a acer and half garden and can what we need for winter shoot a few deer every year fix all our own equipment 4 wheelers, farm  tractors and equipment, cars trucks, do our own building of barns and what ever need's to be done.

The only good side to a SHTF or end-of-the-world-as-we-know-it scenario is that the leftists, liberals, gays and other freaks in the cities will all be killed but the religious, conservative, rural communities will be the ones that survive and inherit the earth.

newman

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 07:19:59 AM »
I liked it!

I liked the Army cadence we used to sing as we ran with the platoon.

"I'm sitting in my foxhole
Sharpening my knife...
Up jumps the enemy, I had to lake his life!...Ranger...etc..."

Or the vietnam verse : "Back in Vietnam, we killed the vietcong"

Good times.

The song is a haunting, southern, 'swamp-rock' classic. If somebody told me Tony-Joe White wrote it, I'd believe them.