Poll

What is your favorite group of Jews (mods feel free to adjust the choices)

Hassidic Breslov
1 (3.4%)
Chabad Lubovitch
2 (6.9%)
Knitted Kipa Religious Zionist
6 (20.7%)
Sephardim
3 (10.3%)
Modern Orthodox
5 (17.2%)
Conservadox
0 (0%)
Conservative
0 (0%)
Reconstructed
1 (3.4%)
Deformed
1 (3.4%)
Natura Karta
0 (0%)
All of the Above
1 (3.4%)
None of the Above
0 (0%)
Depends on Who's Righteous
7 (24.1%)
All choices except for 7-10 or 6-10 or 8-10 or 9-10 or 5-10 or 4-10 :P
2 (6.9%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: What is your favorite group of Jews?  (Read 10530 times)

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: What is your favorite group of Jews?
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2008, 12:18:43 PM »
Groucho, Chico, Harpo, & Zeppo!

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2008, 02:23:48 PM »

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2008, 02:30:15 PM »
Orthodox Jews. I don't like lables Chabad tends to push their traditions on people to that attend their events so I just perfer religous Jews. 
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline horselady

• Full JTFer
  • "I support the troops" is never followed by "but"
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2008, 04:25:11 PM »

I am a bad Jew. I grew up in a secular Jewish family whom I dubbed twice a year Jews.
I was also apolitical for most of my life prior to 9/11. The first time I felt tremendous
pride in my Jewish heritage was when I visited Israel for a few weeks. I tried to get a job
there so I could stay but the only foreign language I spoke was Japanese and the
Japanese embassy in Tel Aviv wasn't hiring at the time.

I kind of feel like an outsider here. Then again, on most political boards I feel like
an outsider where I am the only conservative (politically) Jew and the only real
defender of Israel.

I enjoy reading the threads here and am learning a lot that I will share on these
other boards.

Thanks for being here for uninformed Jews such as myself.

Offline Dominater96

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2008, 04:37:25 PM »
Does it say to hate those that are evil enough to cause harm to their own people?  I am not familiar with the Talmud so help a gentile out lol
Nope, hate their actions and their sins, but love the Jew, and try and help him change. There is always a chance at Teshuva (repentence).

Offline Tina Greco - Melbourne

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2008, 07:57:08 PM »

I am a bad Jew. I grew up in a secular Jewish family whom I dubbed twice a year Jews.
I was also apolitical for most of my life prior to 9/11. The first time I felt tremendous
pride in my Jewish heritage was when I visited Israel for a few weeks. I tried to get a job
there so I could stay but the only foreign language I spoke was Japanese and the

I kind of feel like an outsider here. Then again, on most political boards I feel like
an outsider where I am the only conservative (politically) Jew and the only real
defender of Israel.

I enjoy reading the threads here and am learning a lot that I will share on these
other boards.

Sometimes being the outsider you can see the clear faults of others, that meant to be righteous and very very "jewish"  ;)

Don't worry you are clearly not alone in your situation.

Being not in the click has massive advantages.

Offline FULL METAL JACKET

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2008, 08:01:01 PM »
I choose Breslov Hasidim  O0

I went with Modern Orthodox, but in general I would say any Orthodox Jew who is a religious Zionist and not Hasidic is cool with me.
What's wrong with Hasids?
Formely known as "1986"

Offline horselady

• Full JTFer
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2008, 08:03:36 PM »

defender of Israel.

other boards.

Sometimes being the outsider you can see the clear faults of others, that meant to be righteous and very very "jewish"  ;)

Don't worry you are clearly not alone in your situation.

Being not in the click has massive advantages.

Thank you.

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2008, 08:21:46 PM »
Restructured is a step below deformed. Hard to believe that a Jew can stoop much further down than deformed.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2008, 09:19:10 PM »
well i pick Modern orthodox i happened to bump into a couple they are mad nice and cool people, but in general i don't dislike any of the righteous religious groups forget the Karta don't even mention those evil bastards. My best friend happens to be Sefaradi. i work at a Hasidim place and they are not such a nice people.(to be precise no tips and they treat waiters like ****)(NOT ALL). In general Russian Jews dislike them because Hasidim Jews show no respect to Russian Jews, they don't even consider them as Jews period. One guy told me and he kind of makes sense that "our grandparents fought back in holocaust and tried everything possible to survive and save everyone else meanwhile religious groups like Hasidim stayed back and waited to be killed (again not all) at the end those who fought all got killed and religious ones most survived." Now you get the picture majority of Russian Jews stop practicing Judaism and Hasidim who stayed being religious look at them like they are nothing and this is where all the hatred starts back and forth.
Chasidim don't like Russian Jews?  The Lubavitcher Rebbe did more for Russian Jewry than anyone else in the world!

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2008, 09:22:43 PM »
The greatest threat to Judaism is Jews themselves, thats why there are so many groups.

People trying to remain close to G-d where others seek to destroy them for their own agendas. 

• Master JTFer
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2008, 09:43:41 PM »
Why do we even need to have different groups of Jews? If every Jew was a Kahanist we would see Moshiach by now.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2008, 10:02:55 PM »
Why do we even need to have different groups of Jews? If every Jew was a Kahanist we would see Moshiach by now.

People go on power trips, and push their own agendas, judge others to be righteous or lessar than others, this is why other groups form.

G-d created everyone equally, but some think they are clearly more equal than others.

G-d is pure and a light in ones life, man just corrupts.

• Master JTFer
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2008, 11:12:49 PM »
G-d created everyone equally, but some think they are clearly more equal than others.

G-d did not create everyone equal. He chose to make priests, kings, and prophets. To the best of my understanding, there is no place in the Torah where it says that all people are created equal.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2008, 12:04:03 AM »

nah..if every Jew was righteous, then we would at least come close..
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2008, 12:05:40 AM »

defender of Israel.

other boards.

welcome and stay for a bit...I have been in your shoes sort of...and have been on this site for a year and half! So learn, speak your mind.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2008, 02:10:32 AM »

G-d did not create everyone equal. He chose to make priests, kings, and prophets. To the best of my understanding, there is no place in the Torah where it says that all people are created equal.

In general he creates people with two hands two feet, ten toes etc.. Everyone bleeds the same colour blood.

A Jew is a Jew. No matter what way you try to justifty it this fact never changes.

priests, kings, and prophets are position people hold, the men are all the same under the cloth.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 02:13:33 AM by Fidei defensor »

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2008, 02:15:39 AM »

In general he creates people with two hands two feet, ten toes etc.. Everyone beleed the same colour blood.

A Jew is a Jew. No matter what way you try to justifty it this fact never changes.

Hey, at first I didn't recognize you with this name! LOL! It seemed familiar then I remembered you're Skippy.  :D
[/quote]

Yes mills its me hun, quote me with a spelling mistake lol.

I am just having a rest from being hunted.  ;)

Offline horselady

• Full JTFer
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2008, 02:39:46 AM »
Yeah HorseLady! Stay with us!  O0
This forum is really cool and interesting!  ;)

Thanks.

Can you please tell me what kind of Jews the following are? I've never heard of them.

Knitted Kipa Religious Zionist    5 (20.8%)

Reconstructed    1 (4.2%)

Deformed    0 (0%)

Natura Karta    0 (0%)

Boeregeneraal

« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2008, 04:08:16 AM »
JTF JTF JTF !!!!!!!!!

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2008, 05:28:59 AM »
LOL, that quote came out strange.
Anywho, I'm glad to know it's you. I tend to get confused with names at times.
I hope you're ok, being hunted?

Well I have managed to relocate all my belongs and I have had an offer on the farm. So yeah its going ok.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2008, 07:22:28 AM »

Thanks.

Can you please tell me what kind of Jews the following are? I've never heard of them.

Deformed    0 (0%)

Natura Karta    0 (0%)

The knitted kipa relgious zionists are like what JTF jews support.  And the Settlers in Judea and Samaria are basically those types (this is a term i learned recently from antoher Israeli)

Reconstructed = the Reconstructionist movement (very liberal movement)
Deformed = Reformed movement (also very liberal movement)
natura Karta = a sect of very observant Jews who believe they are the only true jews and that everybody else including the state of israel has no right to exist. Basically they are the opposite to the Knitted Kipa religious zionists. They think that Israel can only be a true Jewish nation once the Messiah arrives.

Offline horselady

• Full JTFer
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2008, 02:50:56 PM »

Thanks.

Deformed    0 (0%)

Natura Karta    0 (0%)

The knitted kipa relgious zionists are like what JTF jews support.  And the Settlers in Judea and Samaria are basically those types (this is a term i learned recently from antoher Israeli)

natura Karta = a sect of very observant Jews who believe they are the only true jews and that everybody else including the state of israel has no right to exist. Basically they are the opposite to the Knitted Kipa religious zionists. They think that Israel can only be a true Jewish nation once the Messiah arrives.

OK thanks. Are Natura Karta also known as Torah True Jews?

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2008, 05:00:12 PM »

Thanks.

Deformed    0 (0%)

Natura Karta    0 (0%)

OK thanks. Are Natura Karta also known as Torah True Jews?

according to us in regards to zionism and Israel, defiantely not.  Not sure about the rest.

Offline DALMACIJA

• Master JTFer
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2008, 05:07:45 PM »
MY FAVORITE JEW:

Lady Klara Mandic  ;)