Author Topic: Bank of Israel Buys Dollars  (Read 3061 times)

admin

Bank of Israel Buys Dollars
« on: March 13, 2008, 06:20:02 PM »
He is supposed to represent Israel's interests? He's just a CFR person who happened to also be Jewish and "made aliyah" just to get his position. He never even moved to Israel until the day before he entered office.

Bank of Israel Buys Dollars

(IsraelNN.com) The Bank of Israel purchased dollars on Thursday as the shekel reached 3.35, its strongest trading level against the dollar in over a decade.  Manufacturers and exporters have pressured Bank of Israel head Professor Stanley Fischer to do what he can to keep the exchange rate from falling further.

Bank of Israel officials would not say how many dollars they had purchased, and Finance Ministry representatives did not comment on the move.  Fischer and other bank officials had stated earlier that they did not plan to intervene in the decrease in the dollar’s value.

Offline cloudberry

• Junior JTFer
Re: Bank of Israel Buys Dollars
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 10:58:24 PM »
I have no training in economics but I've watched the dollar and yen sink against the euro for the last two years.  Forget pips, the euro is up 20% against the dollar now.  That means American goods are cheap in the EU and we aren't exactly jumping to buy EU.  How long can this last?  I finally read Sarkozy in France talking about the overly strong euro being problematic on Reuters today.

So my question is, isn't it smart to buy the weak dollar before it's corrected?
To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. - Teddy Roosevelt

The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 12:08:38 AM »
I have no training in economics but I've watched the dollar and yen sink against the euro for the last two years.  Forget pips, the euro is up 20% against the dollar now.  That means American goods are cheap in the EU and we aren't exactly jumping to buy EU.  How long can this last?  I finally read Sarkozy in France talking about the overly strong euro being problematic on Reuters today.

So my question is, isn't it smart to buy the weak dollar before it's corrected?
What guarantees you that it will not inflate even more?
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 12:13:46 AM »
cloudberry:  "...So my question is, isn't it smart to buy the weak dollar before it's corrected?

Ambiorix:  "What guarantees you that it will not inflate even more?"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ambiorix's question is also the answer...

The dollar's free fall is the correction.

It will continue to fall until the paper it's printed on is more valuable as toilet paper than it is as currency of exchange.

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 12:15:23 AM »
cloudberry:  "...So my question is, isn't it smart to buy the weak dollar before it's corrected?

Ambiorix:  "What guarantees you that it will not inflate even more?"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ambiorix's question is also the answer...

The dollar's free fall is the correction.

It will continue to fall until the paper it's printed on is more valuable as toilet paper than it is as currency of exchange.

Well , let's all start buying up the world's toilet paper reserves then!!!
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline cloudberry

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2008, 12:28:40 AM »
What guarantees you that it will not inflate even more?
Nothing.  I didn't know there were ever such guarantees.  I just know the EU recognizes how it's causing them a problem in trade and for some reason Japan is going with a weak yen and not yet trying to correct it.

Don't expect answers from me.  I'm all questions on this one.  I would be surprised if the dollar were allowed to turn into monetary toilet paper.  That would tick off China to no end and many others.  Thinking of anyone deeply invested into the health of the FCD, too.

Charmin rocks!
To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. - Teddy Roosevelt

The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons. - Ralph Waldo Emerson