Author Topic: Love them or hate them Your thoughts  (Read 853 times)

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
Love them or hate them Your thoughts
« on: March 31, 2008, 10:51:54 AM »
You can love or hate the American military but i need to get this off my chest i wanted to enlist in the military over the summer but they would not accept me  they told me my knee was so screwed up i would need to have surgery then come back when healed to take anther physical. they knew What i  could do with a gun and my skills with hand to hand combat and yet they wont accept me

I told them i would even train some of the soldiers in hand to hand combat at the base

What are your thoughts on it?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 11:05:52 AM by Americanhero »

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
Re: Love them or hate them Your thoughts
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 11:26:11 AM »
anyone can tell me what they think even if they never served in the military

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 01:43:12 PM »
If your knee is unstable, the military won't accept you, because they will have to pay for any and all treatment, surgery, rehab, etc.. for you in the (highly likely) event that your knee gives out.

If you think about it, their requirements are necessary, because not only will your bad knee be subject to tremendous stresses during training, but in an actual combat situation your brothers in arms might be severely handicapped were you to suddenly find yourself immobilized and in need of medical evacuation.

They might accept you in some capacity in the event of a true national emergency in which everyone is required to serve militarily even if in support positions.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 03:58:00 PM »
If your knee is unstable, the military won't accept you, because they will have to pay for any and all treatment, surgery, rehab, etc.. for you in the (highly likely) event that your knee gives out.

If you think about it, their requirements are necessary, because not only will your bad knee be subject to tremendous stresses during training, but in an actual combat situation your brothers in arms might be severely handicapped were you to suddenly find yourself immobilized and in need of medical evacuation.

They might accept you in some capacity in the event of a true national emergency in which everyone is required to serve militarily even if in support positions.

No i can  put tremendous stress on my knee with out pain they said i should have surgery