Author Topic: save this idea - save the movement  (Read 4352 times)

Offline Ben Ish Chai

• Junior JTFer
save this idea - save the movement
« on: April 01, 2008, 10:55:00 AM »
is this forum/idea dead?

Chaim says that learning hebrew should be every jew's #1 priority... so why is such a vital part of the movement so inactive?

we need knowledgeable teacher-types to constantly monitor this forum.

I can read/write hebrew (print and cursive), but my lexicon/vocabulary is quite weak.  Speaking to me would be like speaking with a toddler - i know basic animals, colours, shapes, greeting/commands... but i can't express the same or even similar thoughts in english and hebrew.

One thing i have major trouble with is when i'm reading hebrew (for example, on the JTF hebrew forum) - i lose myself constantly in all the abbreviation and political/advanced vocabulary.

who else wants to actively work on learning the language?

edit* - Chaim, or other fluent hebrew speakers active on the hebrew JTF forum - perhaps you could recruit some wise fluent hebrew speakers from the other forum and bring them over to this JTF Hebrew Club to act as active tutors - Israeli's speak great English for the most part, and are happy to practice!

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: save this idea - save the movement
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 11:02:05 AM »
who else wants to actively work on learning the language?

Count me in!

Offline Ben Ish Chai

• Junior JTFer
Re: save this idea - save the movement
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 03:10:54 PM »
i'd love to help you, but i'm a pretty big neophyte myself...

we need some more input! senior or experienced forum members please help us inject life into this forum - we want to learn the language and help the movement!