Author Topic: Synagogue defaced with nazi swastika and graffiti  (Read 1318 times)

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
Synagogue defaced with nazi swastika and graffiti
« on: April 02, 2008, 04:27:40 PM »
Antisemitism is growing quickly in the US...

W-B synagogue defaced with hate symbolism
JEN MARCKINI March 30, 2008
http://www.timesleader.com/news/W-B_synagogue_defaced_with_hate_symbolism.html

WILKES-BARRE – Members of an area synagogue arriving for Sabbath services Saturday were confronted with hateful graffiti on the building’s doors and sign.

Wilkes-Barre police are investigating the vandalism at Congregation Ohav Zedek as a hate crime, Lt. Paul Middleton said.

Congregation member Eugene Roth was walking through an alley when he spotted the swastikas and a Star of David painted on the building. He said he was "outraged."

Roth, along with other worshippers, found three front doors defaced with Nazi symbols in a golden-brown paint, and a six-pointed star in silver paint drawn on the South Franklin Street synagogue.

The word "abschaum," a German word for scum, was spray-painted on the left front door with the swastika.

"Seeing that kind of thing is a combination of outrage, anger and being disconcerted in the whole process," Roth said. "It’s shocking. It is a disgraceful thing."

In the front of the building on the middle door was written, "Jude," which means Jew in German, Roth said. The Star of David and Jude, or Juden, identify this place of worship – between Ross and South streets – as being property of a Jew.

The message was a painful reminder of past events, said Roth, who, like other members of the congregation, lost many relatives in the Holocaust, where over 6 million European Jews were killed under the Nazi regime before and during World War II.

"Most people who are anti-Semitic, or pranksters, would have written ‘Jew,’" said Roth, who also is a lawyer. "The fact that it’s ‘Juden’, I believe, adds a degree of a more intense involvement with the Nazi concept."

The vandalism was reported to city police on Saturday morning, according to Middleton. It was not known exactly when the vandalism occurred, but it was likely to have happened between 8 p.m. Friday and early morning on Saturday.

"I can sympathize for these people," the lieutenant said. "They lived under a terrible regime."

City police will look at previous anti-Jewish vandalism incidents to look for possible matches of suspects, Middleton said.

The swastikas were similar to the flag of 1933 Germany, which indicates the messages were more than just a prank, Middleton said.

Murray Ufberg, of the Jewish Federation of Greater Wilkes-Barre, said the vandalism is definitely a hate crime.

"It’s very hurtful," said Ufberg, chairman of the federation’s community relations council. "It brings us back terrible memories. It causes pain. It causes discomfort, and it is contrary to what our society is aiming to do and trying to achieve. It is just very disarming."

A total of three anti-Jewish hate crimes have been reported to law enforcement in the northeast region in the past five years, according to data from the state’s Uniform Crime Reporting System.

Statewide statistics show crimes targeted against the Jewish religion nearly doubled last year compared to 2006. There were 29 anti-Jewish hate crimes reported in 2007, which increased by 13 incidents reported just the previous year.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
Re: Synagogue defaced with nazi swastika and graffiti
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 04:39:00 PM »
Disgusting!!
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline IslamIsCancer

• Master JTFer
  • My name is Stalinashvili.
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 04:40:15 PM »
Sick, putting cams everywhere is the smartest thing to do.
Free Javakh!!!
I defecate on Stalin's grave.

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 04:40:27 PM »
That's why you must reaclaim all Israel. Jews can be safe only there; America is going into meltdown, civil war or worse anyway. Especialy under Osama/Hitlery the signs are clear. 
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 04:41:02 PM »
For real if I saw anyone doing that I'd be bashing skulls.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!