Author Topic: I don't want to brag...  (Read 2110 times)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
I don't want to brag...
« on: June 18, 2007, 07:25:12 PM »
I just donated some money to the VJA for the first time..I have never in my life given money to UJA, AIPAC or any Jewish organization...I know it will help and hopefully many on this forum who haven't done it yet will help Chaim and JTF to come to the forefront.  8)
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
Re: I don't want to brag...
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 07:44:00 PM »
You did a wonderful thing, dannycookie!
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 07:54:52 PM »
i mean you are dealing with a guy here..me...who is cautious about these things and for some reason today, I felt like I was doing a really good thing...Anyone here on this forum who hasn't had a chance to give to VJA or JTF, i would recommend doing it..and this is coming from a JTF dove...most of you here know i'm not a jtf hawk..
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 07:57:29 PM »
Does it say on the website somewhere how to donate? We don't have a check system.

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2007, 08:02:50 PM »
Does it say on the website somewhere how to donate? We don't have a check system.

Yes, you can either scroll down on the main http://jtf.org site (you don't need a paypal account) or you can mail a check to:

JTF
Post Office Box 650327
Fresh Meadows NY 11365

I'm really proud of this thread. G-d will bless you for what you are doing.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2007, 08:09:04 PM »
Do you need to have a credit card to donate? Is there a way to transfer money directly into the JTF account?

Online Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2007, 12:02:45 AM »
I just donated some money to the VJA for the first time..I have never in my life given money to UJA, AIPAC or any Jewish organization...I know it will help and hopefully many on this forum who haven't done it yet will help Chaim and JTF to come to the forefront.  8)

Baruch HaShem!

Do you need to have a credit card to donate? Is there a way to transfer money directly into the JTF account?

No. I use my checking account for recurring payments. Funds are transfered directly from my bank account.

Offline genteelgentile

• Pro JTFer
  • Chaim Ben Pesach- Civil Rights Leader 4 The Ages
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2007, 12:11:29 AM »
This thread is a good reminder for us to try to put our money into action, not just talk about it...
I LOVE dogs because muslims do not!!!!  Have your dog kiss a muslim today!

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2008, 01:36:02 AM »

I'm bringing this thread back up because it relates to my situation.     I've been very selective to which charities to donate to for a variety of reasons.   

After giving it plenty of thought the last couple of weeks,   I decided to make donations to both JTF and UVA.     The efforts of the late and great Rabbi Kahane, Chaim,  David,   Paulette,  and countless people who participate in the JTF English Forum inspired me to make  contributions to great causes.   I used paypal.   It was very user friendly.

What also inspired me is people like Noam Federman and his family helping defend Jewish life in Judea and Samaria.    One thing I regret is not being able to understand Hebrew,   as I'm sure I would benefit greatly from Noam's weekly program.       G-d Bless JTF, UVA,  and all of its members.
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2008, 01:41:44 AM »
Wow Kol Hakavod.  I have also been thinking for a long time about it, and I am also very cautious/selective about charities.  I think JTF and VJA are great causes and I will be sending in some money for the first time in the next few days!  I hope that I will merit that it should go to good use!

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2008, 01:48:21 AM »
Hooah and amen! O0

Offline Tina Greco - Melbourne

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2008, 02:36:11 AM »
great one Doc  O0