Author Topic: Is shark kosher?  (Read 8370 times)

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
Is shark kosher?
« on: April 22, 2008, 04:54:13 PM »
Just wondering if shark is kosher? I ate it a while back (maybe a year ago) and it tasted kind of like a steak. It doesn't have scales so i'm not sure if it would qualify as kosher. It was nurse shark to be exact. Just wondering.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 04:56:11 PM by מאיר כהן »

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
Re: Is shark kosher?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 05:01:21 PM »
Most sharks are not kosher, if not all. A fish needs to have bones to be kosher, shark is all cartilage.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 05:10:05 PM »
Not Kosher, needs fins and scales, and also not to forget the nife has to also be kosher (which is no tthat hard to do).
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 05:11:16 PM »
Darn, that's a shame. It had a very unique taste.

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 05:14:26 PM »
No Backbone that is an automatic disqualifier
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 05:35:41 PM »
Just wondering if shark is kosher? I ate it a while back (maybe a year ago) and it tasted kind of like a steak. It doesn't have scales so i'm not sure if it would qualify as kosher. It was nurse shark to be exact. Just wondering.

NO- barack HUSSEIN nobama is NOT KOSHER- BE CAREFUL: If it LOOKS like a shark, Acts like a shark- IT IS A SHARK. 
One time, I was eating Japanese food with my friend- I like cucumber rolls, I asked if this litte tablet looking thing was tofu- she said yes, then she turned around AND Laughed and said: HAHAH THAT WAS SHARK- EW! it was GROSS- so in my little opionion- EW- no TYVM.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 05:39:03 PM »
That pig. How evil.
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008, 05:40:46 PM »
Most sharks are not kosher, if not all. A fish needs to have bones to be kosher, shark is all cartilage.

Why cant people just stick with the Hebrew National Hot Dogs?  O0 just PRETEND you are eating some exotic fierce delicacy- thats good enough for me- but then again, hanging around with David ben Moshe- He only believes that vanilla and chocolate ice cream is OK, and the rest abnormal.. no butter pecan, rocky road- etc. So- shark would DEF. be a no-no regardless, so I am TOTALLY -----safe-----  ::)
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2008, 05:43:06 PM »
That pig. How evil.

Yes, it was STRAIGHT UP evil.  >:( Just lke I asked her: Is this avocado? She said yes... then I ate this little green avocado looking thing- and it was 'WASABI' the HOTTEST mustard in this PLANET.  >:(
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2008, 01:00:11 AM »
nope..

No scales or fins.

Kosher fish have to have scales and fins.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2008, 01:47:03 AM »
It's a good idea not to eat shark if you can help it, even if they were kosher, especially shark fin, because many sharks are becoming endangered or threatened due to trade for their meat.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2008, 03:14:23 AM »
I don't really have any interest in eating shark. I like salmon, Tuna and carp. I am not into exotic foods.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2008, 04:06:12 AM »
I've made a pact.  As long as sharks don't eat me at the beach, I won't eat them. O0

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2008, 12:59:00 PM »
It's a good idea not to eat shark if you can help it, even if they were kosher, especially shark fin, because many sharks are becoming endangered or threatened due to trade for their meat.

Yes have heard that as well, watched a documentary on my XBOX 360 about sharks in HD, was saying like 8 million sharks killed for every 1 human. I know some species are becoming more rare due to overfishing, hammerheads I believe are now listed as one of the most rare as well as river sharks. The most aggressive sharks here in Florida are bull sharks, haven't eaten them before though. I have never had sharkfin soup, sounds nasty, I guess it's a delicacy in some Asian countries, and then in Japan, I guess some people eat Jellyfish.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2008, 01:03:30 PM »
Shark is good and so is alligator

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2008, 01:25:24 PM »

Yes have heard that as well, watched a documentary on my XBOX 360 about sharks in HD, was saying like 8 million sharks killed for every 1 human. I know some species are becoming more rare due to overfishing, hammerheads I believe are now listed as one of the most rare as well as river sharks. The most aggressive sharks here in Florida are bull sharks, haven't eaten them before though. I have never had sharkfin soup, sounds nasty, I guess it's a delicacy in some Asian countries, and then in Japan, I guess some people eat Jellyfish.

I used to love the original xbox. I have not played video games in many years though as I am way too busy. I remeber I used to play xbox live even back then hehe.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2008, 02:30:50 PM »

I used to love the original xbox. I have not played video games in many years though as I am way too busy. I remeber I used to play xbox live even back then hehe.

What's funny is my original Xbox still works fine to this day and I bought it when it was first released November 2001. The new Xbox 360 though overheats a lot and has some problems but there is good games for it.

I like to download movies on it. It's fun to watch HDTV movies on my 42" Fujitsu plasma display :), ahh 1080p is so sexy.

Offline Khazan

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2008, 08:34:19 PM »
are you orthodox?  If so (and if not) are you bothered that you ate it?

I love shark fin soup at the local Chinese restaurants--real Chinese food right there.  I believe my grandfather used to eat shark cartilage to help with benign tumors he had, as shark cartilage is supposed to help with that. 

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2008, 08:44:58 PM »
are you orthodox?  If so (and if not) are you bothered that you ate it?

I love shark fin soup at the local Chinese restaurants--real Chinese food right there.  I believe my grandfather used to eat shark cartilage to help with benign tumors he had, as shark cartilage is supposed to help with that. 

I'm not orthodox no, my parents were modern orthodox but I am not.