Author Topic: Most of The Prohibitions of The Bible Do Not Apply To Gentiles  (Read 2048 times)

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
Most of The Prohibitions of The Bible Do Not Apply To Gentiles
If you are a Gentile you should know that most of the prohibitions of the Bible apply only to Jews and not to Gentiles. Gentiles are obligated to fulfill only those few commandments that the Creator gave to the descendants of Noah (see Genesis chapter 9 and then ask an orthodox rabbi for details).

It is sinful however to deny that Jews are obligated to fulfill the sometimes difficult commandments of the Bible, such as,

"You may do work during the six weekdays, but Saturday must be kept holy as Sabbath of Sabbaths to G-d. Whoever does any work on [that day] shall be put to death.
Do not ignite any fire on the Sabbath, no matter where
you live".
[R. Aryeh Kaplan's translation of Exodus chapter 35 verses 2 and 3 ]
(Nor can one claim that the time limit for the Sabbath commandment has expired in light of Exodus 31:16, ''The Israelites shall thus keep the Sabbath, making it a day of rest for all generations, as an eternal covenant''.)

Please note: It is not the responsibility of the Gentiles to punish Jews who turn on car engines or perform other forms of work on Saturday. And here, is certainly not the forum to discuss under what conditions do Jews have the moral duty to execute Jews who are not Sabbath observers.

My advice to the Gentile that wishes to be a really righteous person, is to influence Jews to observe all the laws incumbent upon them.

And this idea is reflected in the Biblical verses of Deuteronomy chapter 29 verses 23 and 24.

"And all the gentiles shall say, Why did G-d do this to the land?
What was the reason for this great display of anger?
And they shall say, It is because they abandoned the covenant that G-d, the L-rd of their fathers, made with them when he brought them out of Egypt."

In the book of Genesis, after the Bible records that Cain murdered his brother Abel (Hevel), the L-rd, then speaks to Cain and says,

"What have you done?
The voice of your brother's blood cries out to me from the ground."

According to Rashi's analysis of the text, the L-rd was telling Cain that not only would he be held guilty for Abel's murder, he would also be held guilty for having shed the blood of all the future generations that would have been born from Abel and his wife.

The Chafetz Chaim commented that if a man can be punished for the effects of his actions on future generations, how much more so will he be rewarded for spiritually saving someone.

When the newly religious man raises other generations in a religious lifestyle, the credit for the entire family's good deeds is attributed to the original teacher.

And even though until now, I have written in praise of striving to make the secular repent, for the sake of honesty, I must admit that sometimes the spiritual damage caused by contacting the wicked (to make them repent) can be worse than the benefits.

Those that wish to fulfill the words of Deuteronomy chapter 29 verses 23 and 24 in a safe way, might be interested in spreading by means of the internet, articles that lead to repentance.

http://www.600000men.com/book/Gentiles.htm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following are Web sites where more information can be obtained on what our Creator
demands from the Gentiles.
http://lttn.org
http://noahide.com
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Oracle/2120
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Most of The Prohibitions of The Bible Do Not Apply To Gentiles
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 12:21:35 AM »
Tzvi, I was listening to the rabbi mizrahi lecture that he gave in kings point great neck and I have to say it is quite interesting. I think he is a great speaker and he is a nice man.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 12:24:08 AM »
Tzvi, I was listening to the rabbi mizrahi lecture that he gave in kings point great neck and I have to say it is quite interesting. I think he is a great speaker and he is a nice man.

Kool, Im listining to it right now actually. I was just wondering also why they havn't been putting up his new lectures up  :'( , I dont want to ask them now because I allready contacted them some times and dont want to be annoying.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

newman

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 12:24:48 AM »
That's good to know.

Now pass the bacon, beer & cigarettes.  :)

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 12:27:39 AM »
Lol  :::D

newman

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 12:33:49 AM »
That's good to know.

Now pass the bacon, beer & cigarettes.  :)

I don't think Gentiles should smoke cigarettes because it is endangering their lives just as Jews shouldn't endanger their lives.

So does eating meat & drinking whiskey. There is no noachide prohibition on any of them.

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008, 12:34:08 AM »
That's good to know.

Now pass the bacon, beer & cigarettes.  :)

lol ;D

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2008, 02:43:29 AM »
Mmm, grits are delicious with cheese and bacon together mixed into them. I think I'll make some of that as soon as I can.

On a more serious note if I couldn't work on the weekends I think my bosses would be pissed.

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2008, 10:06:25 AM »
Question:
Is there a freedom of choice for a Gentile to help a Jew to return to God, or to let him believe god does not exists?
Is there any negative sanction if I do need tell him anything?
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2008, 01:37:38 PM »
On a more serious note if I couldn't work on the weekends I think my bosses would be pissed.

If Gentiles couldn't work on Shabbat, they could still work on Sunday.

Saturday is the busiest shopping day of the week.

Offline aggressi0n

• Full JTFer
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2008, 08:36:50 PM »
Mmm, grits are delicious with cheese and bacon together mixed into them. I think I'll make some of that as soon as I can.

But the Muslims can pray right? Wouldn't want to offend them!

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2008, 08:40:35 PM »
nice post, tzvi
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein