Author Topic: African Index confirms SA is unsafe  (Read 992 times)

Offline AriseSouthAfrica

• Senior JTFer
African Index confirms SA is unsafe
« on: April 29, 2008, 05:50:11 PM »
African Index confirms SA is unsafe

South Africa being the third least safe place out of 48 countries on the African continent, indicates that SA is critically unsafe, the Democratic Alliance said.

The party's spokesperson on Safety and Security MP Dianne Kohler Barnard said that the Mo Ibrahim Index of African Governance, which ranked SA as third most dangerous after "war zone" countries Sudan and Burundi indicated that what citizens of this country had been crying out for years, was the truth. [Well, exclude the "war zones" and we are Number One. Yay, go SA!]

"South Africa's safety and security performance is utterly abysmal. The fact that we are just 30 points above the most dangerous country in Africa, and right now, probably the world, must act as a loud wake-up call to the Minister of Safety and Security." [He is busy sleeping "getting cleverer". Sshhh...]

She added that countries including Congo, Angola, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Zimbabwe, Rwanda and Liberia were far safer in terms of safety and security. [That's right. Even Zimbabwe with Mad Bob and his militia running wild, Zim is "far safer". Way to go, ANC.]

"Although the government will continue to throw money at the crime problem, such an approach has had only limited success," Barnard said. [Start with the ANC. The problem will fix itself.]

She said it was likely that companies and individuals would continue protecting their own security themselves. [Well, the State won't. Everyone for himself. It irked me writing "state" with a capital letter.]

"This threatens to spawn a vigilante environment... if a spate of violent robberies and killings of foreigners is repeated during the 2010 Soccer World Cup, the negative consequences for future tourism and foreign investment will be severe." [D'ya figure? Can you spell "disaster"?]

Barnard said the DA had made suggestions to government to address the shortage of detectives, and to increase facilities and equipment for the South African Police, in order to combat crime. [Speak to the hand because the ANC face don't wanna hear.]

"ANC spin-doctors are already attempting to denigrate the Index, stating that there is this hullabaloo over crime, and that South Africa is one of the safest countries in the world - for the ministers and their cronies perhaps, but most certainly not for the rest of us," Barnard said. [like Mbeki said, "Crime, what crime? His bodyguards haven't seen any crime?"]

by Doberman
Let G_d arise, let his enemies be scattered: let them also that hate him flee before him. (Psalm 68:1)

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
Re: African Index confirms SA is unsafe
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 05:58:25 PM »
That is terrible.  Expected but terrible.  Imagine an impartial comparitive study of pre- and post Apartheid.  Sorry, for all the "racism", I'd put my life savings that South Africa was a much better, safer, moral, economic and socially productive nation with Apartheid. 

I've never been and don't think I'd want to go unless I had a hunt'n permit... ;)
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.

Offline AriseSouthAfrica

• Senior JTFer
Re: African Index confirms SA is unsafe
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 02:03:31 AM »
You are absolutely right MarZutra! South Africa WAS safer, moral, economically successful and socially productive under Apartheid! There is NO doubt about that!
The crime started increasing and the infrastructure started falling apart the moment the marxist ANC came to power!
Let G_d arise, let his enemies be scattered: let them also that hate him flee before him. (Psalm 68:1)