Author Topic: Jimmy Carter Helps Secure Nepali Maoists For Government Coalition  (Read 1039 times)

Offline AriseSouthAfrica

• Senior JTFer
Jimmy Carter Helps Secure Nepali Maoists For Government Coalition

Now this just makes me angry of how former President Jimmy Carter still goes about into the world and supporting various Communist causes. From supporting the return of Daniel Ortega, the rise of Hugo Chavez and other Latin American Communist leadears. Carter is now in Asia, helping Nepali Maoists to gain hold of Nepal even with Nepali Maoists going on a terrorist campaign against the government. Along with their affiliations to other brutal terrorist campaigns of Indian-based Naxalite movement which is fully being funded and armed by Communist China.

Here's more on Carter sending Asia into the tank like he did with Zimbabwe:

Carter holds 'closed-door' meetings with top leftist leaders
April 8, 2008

Continuing with his high-profile meetings ahead of this Thursday's election for Constituent Assembly which he would be personally monitoring, former US President Jimmy Carter met CPN-UML general secretary Madhav Kumar Nepal and a CPN-Maoist team headed by its chairman Prachanda in a hush-hush environment at the posh venue of Soaltee Hotel Tuesday.

The co-founder of Carter Center who heads a 60-member international election observer mission to Nepal first met CPN-UML general secretary Nepal.

During the closed-door meeting that went for nearly an hour, the two leaders mainly discussed the problems in holding the elections in a peaceful manner; its outcome and the post-election scenario.

The Nepalnews reporter who was present at the venue said that journalists were strictly barred from entering inside the hotel premises and were made to wait for comments at the gates of the sprawling 5-star hotel. Few media persons who had managed to enter the hotel premises were immediately asked to leave and wait for the dignitaries at the hotel gates.

Emerging from the meeting, UML general secretary Nepal told media-persons that Carter chiefly tried to learn how peacefully the election would be held and what the outcome would be like. In reply, he said he told Carter that if it was found that election at a particular voting center were not fair with instances of rigging or booth capturing then it should be cancelled and a re-election should be done.

Nepal said he drew the attention of the Carter Center that international poll observers had not reached the remote parts of the country for themonitoring purpose and said that there ought to be coordination between national and international election observation to see that this happens. He further said that the Maoist-affiliated YCL and Indian criminal gangs engaged in cross border terrorism to disrupt the polls are the biggest threat towards successful holding of the polls.

When he was asked about the post-election scenario, Nepal also told Carter that an all-party government would be formed regardless of the outcome of the elections.

During the meeting Carter wished that the election be held in a peaceful manner, while stressing on the need for all the stake-holders to play a positive role in making the historic CA election a success.

Immediately after this, Carter sat for another round of meeting with a team of CPN-Maoist party headed by chairman Prachanda and his deputy Baburam Bhattarai.

The meeting also revolved around the same issues as in the earlier meeting.

Coming out of the meeting venue, Baburam Bhattarai said Carter had asked them whether the election would be held in a free and fair manner.

"In reply, we said it would definitely take place in a free and fair manner and we are committed to making the polls free and fair," Bhattarai said.

Bhattarai further said that in reply to Carter's query about whether the Maoists are happy with the international election observers coming into Nepal to monitor polls they said that they had nothing against the international observers and that they had welcomed them.

Similarly, asked about the kind of government that would come into being after the election, Bhattarai told him that a "government of consensus" would be formed and which would be lead by the party securing most seats in CA.

"We told him that the people are in favor of change and they should prepare for an unexpected result," the Maoist leader told reporters. He, however, said that there was no discussion on the issue of removing the Maoists from the terrorist list or whether the party would accept the outcome of the election or not.
Source URL: http://www.nepalnews.com/archive/2008/apr/apr08/news13.php

By: Lone Wolf
Let G_d arise, let his enemies be scattered: let them also that hate him flee before him. (Psalm 68:1)

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Jimmy Carter Helps Secure Nepali Maoists For Government Coalition
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 01:00:59 AM »
I've been closely following the Maoist Party's takeover of power in Nepal for several years now.

I have yet to make much sense out of it!

It seems that the power structure there has just willingly invited the Maoist Party to become the dominant political player.

I can't say it was done "without a shot being fired", because there have been constant incidents of violence for quite a few years involving Maoist followers.

But unlike most Communist parties, they never literally staged a violent revolution; they simply were invited to take over the country.

Even stranger is the fact that they neighbor China, which reveres Mao as their founder but in practice has moved very far from his teachings...puzzling situation.

Nepal itself is one of the poorest countries in the world, with a standard of living something like ancient Tibet or ancient India...they even have a "Living National Goddess"--a young teenage girl considered a living goddess who lives in a temple...her feet are never allowed to touch the ground...she blesses the Royal Family each year, and is supported by the state...far removed from Western sensibilities.  Truth be told, I doubt Nepal will ever really change too much, Maoists or no Maoists...it's one of those places like Haiti that always reverts back to ancient primitivism and Hindu culture.

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
Re: Jimmy Carter Helps Secure Nepali Maoists For Government Coalition
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 06:15:24 AM »
That's true MGN, all of countries living acording to hindu/new age misticism are dumps, it's the fatalism and irationality which is sapping the will of the people there. Muslims have atleast some (evil) drive while the true hindus and budhists are just passives. Fortunetly for them mayority of SE were modernised and westernised in XIX/XX century by evil white man ::). Back to Nepal choosing beetwen old and corrupt feudal monarchy and maosit goverment is simple for me, I do renember what happened in Cambodga, while Carter the HAMAS lover again showed what shmuck he's.
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm