Author Topic: Saudi/moslem taqiyah again  (Read 1346 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Saudi/moslem taqiyah again
« on: May 25, 2008, 08:42:20 AM »
http://www.israpundit.com/2008/?p=1130#more-1130   

A Medal for Brass:” Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal’s Chilling Fraudulent Ad in US Media
by Jerry Gordon, American Congress for Truth blog

When I received my copy of Business Week in the mail yesterday, I flipped through the pages until I found an ad that jarred my memory banks. Under a quotation about tolerance from the Qu’ran was a banner headline that blared:

Alwaleed Bin Talal Humanitarian Foundation, representing Kingdom Foundation, awarded the Pontifical Medal by Pope Benedict XVI at the Vatican.

The ad has cross cut views of the Haj in Mecca and a pictutre of the Pope on the balcony overlooking St. Peter’s Square in Rome. There was a picture of King Abdullah with His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI, a picture of the Pontiff allegedly awarding the Pontifical Medal to H.E. Ms. Leila El Solh, Vice Chairiman of Alwaleed Bin Talal Humanitarian Foundation and across the way a picture of H.R.H Prince Alaweed Bin Talal, Chairman of Kingdom Foundation with the aforesaid Ms. El-Solh, who turns out to be his aunt.

Problem is there is no particular merit to the Pontifical Medal that can be purchased in the Vatican bookstore by anyone. My memory was jarred because of what Nina Shea of the Hudson Institute had told a number of us on a Victory Coalition conference call that it was a fraudulent ad and a ‘bit of a reach’ by Prince Alalweed bin Talal and his Humanitarian Foundation and the Saudi Royal family. The ad had also appeared in the New York Times and Washington Post on May 8th

As Shea notes in this Weekly Standard article:

In the end, it was consultations with an independent expert on the Vatican and interviews with several recipients that solved the mystery: The medal shown in the ad is a common souvenir.

It is minted each year by the thousand and handed out as a memento to those granted an audience with the pope. All the staffers at the American embassy to the Holy See, for instance, have received it. It was given to White House officials when Pope Benedict met with Bush. It is for sale at the Vatican bookstore. It confers no honor at all.

Shea goes on to give us the nefarious purpose of this misleading ad:

In 2006, the Saudi ambassador to the United States, in a letter to the U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom, quoted the king as referring to his government as the “Vatican of Islam.” The implication is that Saudi Arabia is not only hallowed ground as host of the two holiest Muslim sites, but also the arbiter of Islamic orthodoxy.

The recent ad directly supports this power play. It sets up visual parallels between the pope and the king, the Vatican and Mecca. A slogan at the bottom reads, “Two great faiths, Sharing one cause: humanity.” Using its control of the hajj and the vast wealth it pours into foreign evangelism, funding mosques, schools, libraries, and academic centers worldwide, the House of Saud is patiently pursuing its quest to make the Saudi variant of Islam–Wahhabism, with its warrant for the murder of heretics, apostates, and infidels–the Muslim norm. This is the ad’s chilling subtext.

The latest Saudi publicity stunt should not be dismissed as merely a boorish hoax. It offers a useful glimpse of the ambitions and methods of the Saudi state, which deserve to be taken seriously.

I wrote a letter to Business Week deploring the misleading ad. You can read my letter on the Shariah Finance Watch blog. I said to myself, this is pure taqiyya, the latest vestige of the Wahhabi PR campaign to seduce Westerners that there is no hate of the “other” in Islam. Really?

Posted by Jerry Gordon @ 9:26 pm |
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline underthesun

• Senior JTFer
Re: Saudi/moslem taqiyah again
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 10:19:36 AM »
They should use those ads in the islamic world.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 10:21:58 AM »
They should use those ads in the islamic world.
;D ;DThey would'nt live that long ;D ;D
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline spiritus_persona

• Pro JTFer
  • Say NO to Dhimmitude
    • Cultural Jihadist (Warning!  May contain harsh language!)
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 10:36:07 AM »
Ha, what a joke!  Human rights in Saudi Arabia! :::D
Me: Muslims get offended too easily.
Muslim: What!?  That is an outrage!  Take that back or I kill you!

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2008, 10:39:25 AM »
Ha, what a joke!  Human rights in Saudi Arabia! :::D
Thats like saying there is no salt in the Dead sea ;D ;D

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2008, 10:43:05 AM »
Those muslims are indeed clever taqiya monsters; what better than turn one infidel against other? You know somebody coud make the vatican is muslem cohors "Bary Hamish" style thread out of it. :P 
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2008, 10:51:35 AM »
Some similar thing I have read about Arafat. During the same lecture when speaking in English, he used to talk of his love with west and then immediately speaking in arabic he started calling for Jihad whereupon his illiterate followers started thumping their legs and applauding. The western dignitaries also looked very much pleased.

With Regards... :)   
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2008, 10:54:29 AM »
Those muslims are indeed clever taqiya monsters; what better than turn one infidel against other? You know somebody coud make the vatican is muslem cohors "Bary Hamish" style thread out of it. :P 
The difference is anyone can visit the vatican,it's illegal for us infidels to go near mekka not that i'm interested in mekka

Shot at 2010-01-03