Author Topic: Boris Johnson - Mayor of London  (Read 1261 times)

Offline Nic Brookes

• Pro JTFer
Boris Johnson - Mayor of London
« on: May 05, 2008, 11:14:41 AM »
This is from Wikipedia

He has shown himself to be outspoken on issues which are treated by some as belonging to the realms of political correctness.

Johnson made the following comments about Islam in his Spectator column shortly after the July 7 bombings in 2005:

"It is time to reassert British values…That means disposing of the first taboo, and accepting that the problem is Islam. Islam is the problem. To any non-Muslim reader of the Koran, Islamophobia — fear of Islam — seems a natural reaction, and, indeed, exactly what that text is intended to provoke. Judged purely on its scripture — to say nothing of what is preached in the mosques — it is the most viciously sectarian of all religions. The trouble with this disgusting arrogance and condescension is that it is widely supported in Koranic texts, and we look in vain for the enlightened Islamic teachers and preachers who will begin the process of reform. What is going on in these mosques and madrasas? "When is someone going to get 18th century on Islam’s mediaeval ass?"[38]

In Friends, Voters, Countrymen (2001), Johnson wrote that "if gay marriage was OK - and I was uncertain on the issue - then I saw no reason in principle why a union should not be consecrated between three men, as well as two men, or indeed three men and a dog."[39]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boris_Johnson

Just what the UK has been longing for!

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
Re: Boris Johnson - Mayor of London
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 11:37:19 AM »
Is he currently outspoken like this now that he's in power?

Offline Nic Brookes

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 11:41:37 AM »
He's only been in power for a day, but his first speech as mayor implied he would be this outspoken.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 11:48:52 AM »
let's see his actions first.

Some people like to hear things...but doing is another story.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline rebel_conservative

• Full JTFer
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 12:14:22 PM »
I live just outside London in Essex, I am glad London told "Red Ken" to pack his bags.

Boris is hilarious, a complete buffoon, a bumbling fool... but quite a shrewd politician.

Whilst he is an undoubted improvement on Ken, he is from a pretty centrist-liberal party
time will tell I guess.

Offline Wojtila

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 12:16:17 PM »
I live just outside London in Essex, I am glad London told "Red Ken" to pack his bags.

Boris is hilarious, a complete buffoon, a bumbling fool... but quite a shrewd politician.

Whilst he is an undoubted improvement on Ken, he is from a pretty centrist-liberal party
time will tell I guess.

His family is from turkey :o
Hate list:
1.Nazis
2.Russia/Communist
3.Muzzies
4.Europeans
5.Jew haters
6.mexicans in America
7.Black People in America
8.Some Asien people in america
7.Poland!

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2008, 12:22:13 PM »
let's see his actions first.

Some people like to hear things...but doing is another story.

It's not about what he will do - in terms of muslims.  Middle east politics is irrelevant to the mayor..

Hopefully he won't give muslims any more preferential treatment than they are currently being given.
e.g. as Yehudit(formerlly mills) said in her great video we all saw ages ago, "we are basically washing their feet" / paying to wash their feet.

It is about what he will not do.. He will not be inviting islammic terrorists round for tea. That's for sure.

Offline rebel_conservative

• Full JTFer
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2008, 12:26:15 PM »
His family is from turkey :o

yeah

he also had an affair and lied about it

but when the Spectator published lies and unfounded accusations, he accepted responsibility for it, as editor even though he didn't write the piece and apologised.  he has more honour and decency than most politicians