Should it be banned?

Yes.
5 (9.1%)
Yes, absolutely.
8 (14.5%)
No.
42 (76.4%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: What Do You Think Of Pre-Marital Intimacy And/Or Touching?  (Read 155391 times)

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Should male-female pre-marital touching be banned?
« Reply #250 on: July 17, 2008, 12:44:21 AM »
Yes, it should be banned.

Can we PLEASE end this awful topic.
nope...but if you don't like it, you can post on a different thread.  At least it is in the dating section and not the general discussion section.

Why are you so argumentative, Doctor?

Online Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #251 on: July 17, 2008, 02:22:10 AM »
Yes, it should be banned.

Can we PLEASE end this awful topic.
nope...but if you don't like it, you can post on a different thread.  At least it is in the dating section and not the general discussion section.

Why are you so argumentative, Doctor?

ok, you want to start more trouble to get this thread locked too...eh..i'm too tired...talk to you tomorrow...   :P
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #252 on: July 17, 2008, 03:36:41 PM »
dr dan i mean it really is up to the couple, yes they should wait but they have the option not to. i think love really should be optional in the way people express themselves, so long as it is moral

it's not for me to judge what an umarried couple did if they got married..however, the right way is not to do it...there are exceptions i'm sure..but still, if those exceptions are not needed, the right way is to wait.

Just for the record according to Halacha it is only wrong for Jews. It is not a problem for a non-Jew to go to a club and pick up some chick and do as they please, but for a Jew it is a serious crime (very serious, where the penalty could be spiritual excommunication and premature death, G-d forbid).

I highly doubt it, Tzvi...these are scare tactics which work for people like you.  I don't subscribe to this, "you'll die and go to hell if you do this and if you do that!"  We follow a religion that believes in a merciful G-d.  We have days like Yom Kippur to ask for another chance at life each year. We read in the chumash everyday for Gd to forgive us and pardon us in the Amidah.  So, I highly doubt the things you say about these penalties.

However, I will agree that it is better to wait till one gets married than to do it before.  I would want that for my children and for those who I love dearly..Jew or righteous gentile.  There is a higher spiritual uplifting between a couple that waits versus those that don't.  But to not do it because one might go to hell or be excommunicated are for those people who don't really understand the wold from experience...that's just my opinion...

Dont fool yourself into saying things are not a big deal. It is not scare tactics, it is Halacha. And it says that if someone says G-d is merciful, this or that is not a big deal, it is said that that person will be severly punished, and if one says that they will sin and then repent (like on Yom Kippur), then repentence would be verry difficult in that case and almost completly closed (and not accepted). But on the other hand if someone did whatever he or she did in the past and then knows the truth and works for repentence then their is a higher chance it will be accepted.
 Also the same topic of Yom Kippur, etc. Many, unfortunatly ignoramouses believe in that way, that they will do whatever hey like throughout the year and then on 1 day (Yom Kippur) they will fast, and come to shul and then somehow magically all of the sins will be cleansed, it is such foolishness and wishful thinking.
 G-d is merciful, but at the same time G-d uses Judgement. Just look at the Holocaust at how all of these people perished, it certainly came from G-d, and if that generation deserved it, how much more soo others (G-d forbid).

And by the way- It is Karet- to sleep with a lady that is Nidda and I highly doubt a girl who is not married to be going to the Mikva, and if she is and one does have relations with her then she is married to you (it is a cursed marriage), but as I said in the past it is a problem becuase she would then have to go to a Rav, explain the whole situation and maybe even have to get a divorce from the first guy she was with in order to properly marry someone else, and if not it could possibly be like she is cheating (which means both of them- her and the "husband" deserve the death penalty)- so either way a Rav should be asked on how to avoid that.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Online Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #253 on: July 17, 2008, 05:07:18 PM »
dr dan i mean it really is up to the couple, yes they should wait but they have the option not to. i think love really should be optional in the way people express themselves, so long as it is moral

it's not for me to judge what an umarried couple did if they got married..however, the right way is not to do it...there are exceptions i'm sure..but still, if those exceptions are not needed, the right way is to wait.

Just for the record according to Halacha it is only wrong for Jews. It is not a problem for a non-Jew to go to a club and pick up some chick and do as they please, but for a Jew it is a serious crime (very serious, where the penalty could be spiritual excommunication and premature death, G-d forbid).

I highly doubt it, Tzvi...these are scare tactics which work for people like you.  I don't subscribe to this, "you'll die and go to hell if you do this and if you do that!"  We follow a religion that believes in a merciful G-d.  We have days like Yom Kippur to ask for another chance at life each year. We read in the chumash everyday for Gd to forgive us and pardon us in the Amidah.  So, I highly doubt the things you say about these penalties.

However, I will agree that it is better to wait till one gets married than to do it before.  I would want that for my children and for those who I love dearly..Jew or righteous gentile.  There is a higher spiritual uplifting between a couple that waits versus those that don't.  But to not do it because one might go to hell or be excommunicated are for those people who don't really understand the wold from experience...that's just my opinion...

Dont fool yourself into saying things are not a big deal. It is not scare tactics, it is Halacha. And it says that if someone says G-d is merciful, this or that is not a big deal, it is said that that person will be severly punished, and if one says that they will sin and then repent (like on Yom Kippur), then repentence would be verry difficult in that case and almost completly closed (and not accepted). But on the other hand if someone did whatever he or she did in the past and then knows the truth and works for repentence then their is a higher chance it will be accepted.
 Also the same topic of Yom Kippur, etc. Many, unfortunatly ignoramouses believe in that way, that they will do whatever hey like throughout the year and then on 1 day (Yom Kippur) they will fast, and come to shul and then somehow magically all of the sins will be cleansed, it is such foolishness and wishful thinking.
 G-d is merciful, but at the same time G-d uses Judgement. Just look at the Holocaust at how all of these people perished, it certainly came from G-d, and if that generation deserved it, how much more soo others (G-d forbid).

And by the way- It is Karet- to sleep with a lady that is Nidda and I highly doubt a girl who is not married to be going to the Mikva, and if she is and one does have relations with her then she is married to you (it is a cursed marriage), but as I said in the past it is a problem becuase she would then have to go to a Rav, explain the whole situation and maybe even have to get a divorce from the first guy she was with in order to properly marry someone else, and if not it could possibly be like she is cheating (which means both of them- her and the "husband" deserve the death penalty)- so either way a Rav should be asked on how to avoid that.

ok whatever...enjoy...
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline supernova011608

• New JTFer
« Reply #254 on: July 23, 2008, 03:42:04 AM »
there is no need..
all we have to do is to be aware of possible undesirable consequences for it to be avoided.
doing such stuffs is quiet natural for healthy human being for it is bodily needed.
it simply requires personal responsibility in everything that one has to do.

Online Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #255 on: July 23, 2008, 07:59:28 AM »
smart answer.

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #256 on: August 08, 2008, 02:16:40 PM »
no, HOLDING hands is FINE.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
  • Preservation of Dal al-Harb
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #257 on: August 08, 2008, 02:57:20 PM »
Paulette!!!

Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Online Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #258 on: August 10, 2008, 03:11:31 PM »
no, holding hands should only be banned by losers who can't get girlfriends and vice versa

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
  • Preservation of Dal al-Harb
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #259 on: August 10, 2008, 03:56:59 PM »
Gosh, this is such an interesting thread. I really like shaking hands, holding hands, putting my arms around someone I care about. I do this all the time with the opposite sex and don't get aroused.  I'm not a metrosexual either. Just a good ol boy...(banjo music cuts in).
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: What Do You Think Of Pre-Marital Intimacy And/Or Touching?
« Reply #260 on: February 28, 2009, 07:36:05 PM »
Wow, this is a blast from the past. These are the types of quality threads our former turd in chief started. Only a mentaly deranged individual would want everything banned simply because he himself can't control his urges.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline FreedomFighter08

• Senior JTFer
Re: What Do You Think Of Pre-Marital Intimacy And/Or Touching?
« Reply #261 on: June 14, 2009, 06:52:10 PM »
It should not be banned at all. It's everybody's choice to do what they want in these situations. Don't be like the Islamic states who ban everything.