Author Topic: Update - Israel to "return" much of downtown Jerusalem to Russia  (Read 5331 times)

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
Headline News
Thursday, May 31, 2007 by Staff Writer
http://www.israeltoday.co.il/default.aspx?tabid=178&nid=12910

Russia wants control of downtown Jerusalem
Moscow is in negotiations to purchase a large section of downtown Jerusalem once controlled by the Russian government prior to Israel's rebirth in 1948.

The 17-acre Russian Compound is today home to a large police facility and detention center, numerous pubs and restaurants and a large Russian Orthodox church.

The Russian government built up the area in the 1860s to accommodate the large number of Russian pilgrims who were visiting Jerusalem every year, particularly around the time of Easter.

Negotiations over the land has been ongoing since the premiership of Ehud Barak some seven years ago. The Russians are reportedly prepared to pay $100 million for the prime real estate.

Speaking to Israel National News, an Israeli Foreign Ministry spokesman stressed that Israel is not "selling" the land to Russia, but rather "returning" the area to its former owners - a very dangerous way of putting things considering the Arab claim to all of what is today the Jewish state.
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
Re: Update - Israel to "return" much of downtown Jerusalem to Russia
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 09:21:43 AM »
WOW! Its better to sell it to Russians than give it for free to A-rabs, but Israeli goverment is insane in handling the land. Acording to Torah even Jews can't sell or give up any part of Erec Israel to any foreigners. I hope that this land won't be considered as part of Russian Federation teritory?     
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Offline The Shadow

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 10:01:53 AM »
Not surprised by anything the Olmert government does.  Hopefully he will be forced out of office with the latest corruption charges before this deal goes down. 

Unfortunately, the Israelis will vote in another traitorous leader who will give the land away the Arabs, Russians, or anyone else.  I hate to say it, but the Israelis deserve what they get.

Offline rebel_conservative

• Full JTFer
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 10:56:08 AM »
WOW! Its better to sell it to Russians than give it for free to A-rabs, but Israeli goverment is insane in handling the land. Acording to Torah even Jews can't sell or give up any part of Erec Israel to any foreigners. I hope that this land won't be considered as part of Russian Federation teritory?     

Embassies are usually considered part of the home territory of a nation, so I guess that has already happened - unless there is some agreement made, but I doubt the Leftists cared much about it

Offline ASHISH

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2008, 11:09:39 AM »
Russia is the biggest country in the world why does it want to buy such a small land?????????//

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2008, 08:53:52 PM »
wow, this is atrocious.

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2008, 09:03:08 PM »
Russia is the biggest country in the world why does it want to buy such a small land?????????//

I agree. This is very odd. Look how big Russia is and how tiny Israel is.

Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2008, 09:26:38 PM »
I really think the government of Israel is loosing its mind completely. I could see giving the Russians rights to use the 17 acres but to say they are returning it is nuts. Anyone that really thinks this over will see that this is an outrage that can only end in disaster.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Archie

• Full JTFer
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2008, 09:52:34 PM »
Moscow is in negotiations to purchase a large section of downtown Jerusalem once controlled by the Russian government prior to Israel's rebirth in 1948.

The 17-acre Russian Compound is today home to a large police facility and detention center, numerous pubs and restaurants and a large Russian Orthodox church.

Negotiations over the land has been ongoing since the premiership of Ehud Barak some seven years ago. The Russians are reportedly prepared to pay $100 million for the prime real estate.

17 acre = 740520 square foot.
100 000 000$ / 740520 ft² = 135$ per square foot (garage sale price)

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2008, 10:11:56 PM »

A hundred million is not something to sneeze at for a 17 acre property. After all it sounds like a great deal of space but it really is not all that big. The way I see it the money is a secondary issues in this situation the real problem is how they are transferring the land ownership. Countries allow other countries to have rights over parcels of land like this all the time what is troubling here is they said they were returning it. Thats words Israel may live to regret.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2008, 10:27:32 PM »
Someone on Revava said Russia can have it because it's usually used to hold Right Wing detainees.
Why are you visiting that Shabak site at all?

Offline Archie

• Full JTFer
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2008, 10:50:47 PM »

A hundred million is not something to sneeze at for a 17 acre property.
The way I see it the money is a secondary issues in this situation the real problem is how they are transferring the land ownership.

Can we do something stop this?

I'm wondering if Chaim will do a video on this issue...

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2008, 12:49:37 PM »
No way-no way-no way-no way-no way!!!!! Are they out of their minds??!!! The "rightful owner"???!!!  >:( >:( >:(

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2008, 01:05:13 PM »
OK, after I picked my jaw off the floor, I am regaining the ability to articulate my thoughts. This is what really bothers me (apart from the outrageous statement about returning the land to its rightful owners): the left wing establishment has been working very hard to portray Jerusalem as the capital of 3 religions - Judaism, Christianity, Islam. This is a very dangerous paradigm. Jerusalem is not a "world city." A righteous Israeli government (hopefully led by Chaim) should, in a very decisive manner, undercut all attempts to portray Jerusalem as a world city and a capital of 3 religions. It should be made abundantly clear that Jerusalem is a Jewish city. Period. Christians should be given a dispensation to make a pilgrimage there. But nobody should be given a "territory" in Jerusalem. That's wrong and dangerous. When I speak about Christians, I mean only righteous Christians. Russian Orthodox Church, for example, has been rabidly antisemitic throughout its history. Russian Orthodox doctrine believes in the Replacement Theology. They have no business being in Jerusalem at all.  >:(

Offline YESHA

• Pro JTFer
  • I love our Yesha residents - Judea & Samaria.
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2008, 10:43:22 AM »
The CORRUPT Olmert and Co. would do anything to appease and be "nice" to anyone, except decent, noble Jews. Amazing: Russia would never give anything to anyone no matter their claims and they have vast amount to give where their claims are flimsy, to say the least. G-d save us!

Offline spiritus_persona

• Pro JTFer
  • Say NO to Dhimmitude
    • Cultural Jihadist (Warning!  May contain harsh language!)
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2008, 02:34:14 PM »
Russia invades Israel!  Just like the bible said would happen!  Russia is trying to start Armageddon, they must be stopped! >:(
Me: Muslims get offended too easily.
Muslim: What!?  That is an outrage!  Take that back or I kill you!

Offline AriseSouthAfrica

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2008, 03:39:15 PM »
I believe this to be a very serious situation! It will probably go unnoticed by most of the world until it is too late!  >:(
Let G_d arise, let his enemies be scattered: let them also that hate him flee before him. (Psalm 68:1)

Offline Zvulun Ben Moshe

• Pro JTFer
  • A Party to the Eternal Covenant
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2008, 07:34:06 PM »
I don’t think we need to say no to Russians so categorically.

I am ready to return the Russian church to the Russians and forever transport it from Jerusalem to Moscow.

As a bonus, I would include Olmert in the package as well.
I am Zvulun ben Moshe and I approve this message.

Offline muslimslayer0075995

• Senior JTFer
  • the death of islam will benifit the world
    • zionist republic
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2008, 11:00:42 PM »
 you know how were going to stop he bastards from taking the land god gave us, we protest, we fight, we negotiate, we must keep ll of israel, this is an infestation of our home land by a bunch of worthless rats, the UN has the audacity to call russians
islam isnt relgion its perpetuated hatred of the infidels

Offline diplomat

• New JTFer
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2008, 04:44:45 AM »
Behind the Russian hand is the Iranian hand. Or, why else would the world's largest nation try to acquire land in a distant country? :o