Author Topic: Those cowards at PayPal.  (Read 2007 times)

Offline mr. bungle

• Junior JTFer
Those cowards at PayPal.
« on: May 25, 2008, 12:18:36 PM »
I think it's disgusting that PayPal caved in to the Obama campaign the moment they received complaints from those people.  Apparently, the concept of "freedom" applies only to certain groups of people in this country.  I logged on to my PayPal account and tried to find an e-mail link so I could register a complaint with regard to their decision to cut off JTF.  The only links I could find, however, pertained to purchase disputes and such.  So I chose a category at random and sent them this e-mail:

I've  spent  a  half  hour looking  for  a  Contact  link  that  will  let  me  file  a  general  complaint, and  I  can't  find  it.   I would  like  to  know  who  to  contact  to  register  a complaint  about  PayPal's  autocratic  decision  to  bar  JTF  (Jewish Task Force)  from  accepting  donations  through  this  site.

I was hoping they would give me an e-mail address or a Post Office address, because I want my complaint to be official and in writing.  Instead, I received this response:

Dear Andrew MacEwen,

Thank you for taking the time to contact PayPal.

Hi, my name Cristy, I am certainly happy to assist you today.

You emailed us asking as to how you can file a complaint.  I am more than willing to assist you with your concern.  Let me just review your account further.

Andrew, in order to best assist you, we recommend that you contact us by telephone for resolution/clarification. You may contact PayPal's Customer Service at 1-402-935-2050.

For future reference, this information is also located in the Help Center, and is easily accessible by following these steps:

1.  Visit https://www.paypal.com/.
   2.  Click the "Contact Us" link.
   3.  In the "Help by Phone" section click the "Customer Service Center" link.

We appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this matter, and wish you continued success on PayPal. Should you have other questions, please feel free to contact us again.

Sincerely,
Cristy
Consumer Support
PayPal, an eBay Company

Apparently, they make it as difficult as possible to lodge complaints and protests of the sort that I have.  I don't want to speak to any of the P.R. hacks they have whoring for them.  Maybe I'll call anyway: I might be able to badger an address out of them.
mr bungle

Offline mr. bungle

• Junior JTFer
Re: Those cowards at PayPal.
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 01:40:04 PM »
Thanks for the number.  I'll try it from work on Tuesday.  Like you, I doubt it'll lead anywhere, but I won't be satisfied until I've tried.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 05:12:18 PM by mr. bungle »
mr bungle

Offline mr. bungle

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 02:32:18 PM »
You got it.  I'll do exactly that.
mr bungle

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 02:59:56 PM »
I think it's disgusting that PayPal caved in to the Obama campaign the moment they received complaints from those people.  Apparently, the concept of "freedom" applies only to certain groups of people in this country.  I logged on to my PayPal account and tried to find an e-mail link so I could register a complaint with regard to their decision to cut off JTF.  The only links I could find, however, pertained to purchase disputes and such.  So I chose a category at random and sent them this e-mail:

I've  spent  a  half  hour looking  for  a  Contact  link  that  will  let  me  file  a  general  complaint, and  I  can't  find  it.   I would  like  to  know  who  to  contact  to  register  a complaint  about  PayPal's  autocratic  decision  to  bar  JTF  (Jewish Task Force)  from  accepting  donations  through  this  site.

I was hoping they would give me an e-mail address or a Post Office address, because I want my complaint to be official and in writing.  Instead, I received this response:

Dear Andrew MacEwen,

Thank you for taking the time to contact PayPal.

Hi, my name Cristy, I am certainly happy to assist you today.

You emailed us asking as to how you can file a complaint.  I am more than willing to assist you with your concern.  Let me just review your account further.

Andrew, in order to best assist you, we recommend that you contact us by telephone for resolution/clarification. You may contact PayPal's Customer Service at 1-402-935-2050.

For future reference, this information is also located in the Help Center, and is easily accessible by following these steps:

1.  Visit https://www.paypal.com/.
   2.  Click the "Contact Us" link.
   3.  In the "Help by Phone" section click the "Customer Service Center" link.

We appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this matter, and wish you continued success on PayPal. Should you have other questions, please feel free to contact us again.

Sincerely,
Cristy
Consumer Support
PayPal, an eBay Company

Apparently, they make it as difficult as possible to lodge complaints and protests of the sort that I have.  I don't want to speak to any of the P.R. hacks they have whoring for them.  Maybe I'll call anyway: I might be able to badger an address out of them.
PayPal is an evil organization that acts like a bank but is not subject to the same rules as a bank would have to follow when dealing with peoples money. Some years back I had dealings with PayPal that cost me over a few hundred dollars by the time I had straightened their misunderstanding out. The sad fact was I had to pay the tab for their screw up. When they could not collect money from the person that defrauded them by giving them a bad credit card they took the money that they already had credited to my account and listed as final transaction for almost a week away from me. I was out the money, the item and shipping cost which I had shipped because PayPal had listed the transaction as final. To add insult to injury they then locked my account and claimed that I had something to do with the other party who was in California. When they could not make that connection they said that I and the buyer were one in the same. All the while the account which had a substantial sum of money in it remained locked and PayPal would not give me a plain reason as to why. Weeks of calls, I had to go out and buy a fax machine because they wanted proof of who I was so on and so on nothing but aggravation and going in circles. One day I managed to get a human on the phone who went over the entire situation and they could not believe how PayPal had handled the situation. He finally unlocked my account but could not restore the lost money or even tell me what actually happened. By this time the buyer had defrauded several other people using the same stunt and was no longer allowed on the online auction. People who deal with PayPal should really be careful They seem to have the ability to do as they please and you have very little access to them should something go wrong.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline mr. bungle

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2008, 06:12:06 PM »
The same thing happened to a friend of mine, CJD.  Someone in Europe scammed him, and PayPal removed the amount from his account.  He asked them what they would have done if there hadn't been enough money in the account to cover the amount scammed: would they have gone into his checking account or credit card?  They refused to give him an answer.
mr bungle

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2008, 06:23:12 PM »
cjd:  "...years back I had dealings with PayPal that cost me over a few hundred dollars by the time I had straightened their misunderstanding out. The sad fact was I had to pay the tab for their screw up..."

This nightmare tale is not only true, but such horrors occur everyday to those on the receiving end of funds sent via PayPal.

If a "buyer" uses their VISA/MASTERCHARGE card to pay via Paypal, all they have to do is receive the merchandise, and then contact PayPal to insist that the "seller" defrauded them either by sending the wrong merchandise, or by sending faulty merchandise.  Once that happens, PayPal immediately accesses the "seller's" bank account electronically, and removes the funds, returns the funds electronically into the "buyer's" bank account, and then tells the buyer to "keep the merchandise" as consolation for their time and trouble.  By entering into an agreement to use PayPal, you given them the legal rights to go right into your bank account and remove money without first asking your permission to do so; nor is PayPal required to even notify the "seller" that they took the money out of their account.  If the amount which a fraudulent "buyer" wants returned is not in the account, PayPal will "lock" the account until the defrauded "seller" deposits the amount necessary to reopen their account.

This situation is so terrible, that I have read personal accounts by eBay sellers who claimed that they hadn't even had time to address the parcel and ship it to the buyer, when they found that the buyer had already contacted PayPal to declare they were defrauded and were demanding to keep the merchandise as well as demanding a full electronic refund.

Oh, yes...almost forgot!  You have to pay a percentage of the transaction to PayPal in order to allow them the privelage of dumping a bucket of cr*p over your head!  And as far as receiving any personal responces to your problems or questions from "eBay" or its satellite corporations, "rotsa 'ruck, sucker!~

Offline Baltimore

• Director Of Public Relations
  • Pro JTFer
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2008, 09:02:31 PM »
That sounds great, Baltimore.  Email sent.

Thanks! The more people we have do this the better!

Offline Baltimore

• Director Of Public Relations
  • Pro JTFer
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2008, 02:34:13 PM »
Bump...
All should do this now...

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2008, 08:45:42 AM »
Paypal is well known for closing customers accounts for practically no reason.

Read up on it on http://www.paypalsucks.com

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2008, 05:31:46 AM »
Paypal will promote you selling items to Canada but won't cover the seller's protection if the person just says they never got the item.  I got scammed by a Canadian Muzzie who said he never received an item.  For seller's protection, you have to have a tracking number that is within the U.S.  If for any reason, you make a mistake, they just take the $$ from you.  Best thing to do if you ever get someone acting fishy and saying they never got a large, expensive item, is to close your account before they file a complaint.  Paypal will try to collect on you but won't be able to follow through. 

Offline Eliezer Ben Avraham

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2008, 11:04:38 PM »
I think Mike still has his paypal account though, Paypal has no right to ban transactions arbitrarily.
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline Boeregeneraal

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2008, 12:12:40 AM »