Author Topic: Anyone here own or into boats/jetskis?  (Read 3688 times)

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
Re: Anyone here own or into boats/jetskis?
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2008, 06:07:13 PM »
For anyone who lives in New York City, I recommend the following club. http://www.sailtasca.org . It is on the lake in Flushing Meadows park, and you can learn how to sail. Once you finish the course, you can become a member. There is a very low membership fee which includes the privilege to sail every time they have an open sail session, which is usually evenings and weekends.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2008, 07:25:00 PM »
Sounds good, are there Jetskis allowed in New York City?

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2008, 09:42:36 PM »
   Here are the state regulations. http://www.nysparks.com/boating/docs/boaters_guide.pdf . They look almost identical to the Maryland laws. I remember taking both the boater's safety and the hunter's safety courses. They let me self-study for the boaters safety and just take the exam. For the hunters safety, they made me take the course. I remember there were a lot of skinheads and they gave me a shotgun and some rifles to fire. Too bad the law didn't allow the ammo to be put to better use.
   I'm sure the city has their own regulations to take rights away from citizens just like the FAA does. One thing I would love to do would be a downwind run along the Hudson on a Kiteboard. I'm not sure where I could put in and put out or if it would be wide enough that the buildings wouldn't interfere, but that would be awesome and I could take the train back to my car. Has anyone ever seen a wakeboarder on the Hudson.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2008, 08:46:21 AM »
Well sometime next month, i'm going to go out on the gulf of Mexico on a boat and do some deep sea fishing, I'll have to get some video ;)