Author Topic: Scientists inscribe entire Bible on head of a pin  (Read 5598 times)

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
Scientists inscribe entire Bible on head of a pin
« on: December 24, 2007, 07:14:51 PM »
Scientists inscribe entire Bible on head of a pin

Israelis use particle beam to make what could be smallest Tanach

JERUSALEM - Israeli scientists have inscribed the entire Hebrew text of the Jewish Bible onto a space less than half the size of a grain of sugar.

The nanotechnology experts at the Technion institute in Haifa say the text measures less than 0.01 square inch surface. They chose the Jewish Bible to highlight how vast quantities of information can be stored in minimum amounts of space.

"It took us about an hour to etch the 300,000 words of the Bible onto a tiny silicon surface," Ohad Zohar, the university's scientific adviser for educational programs, told the Associated Press.

The Technion's microscopic Bible was created by blasting tiny particles called gallium ions at an object that then rebounded, causing an etching effect.

"When a particle beam is directed toward a point on the surface, the gold atoms bounce off and expose the silicon layer underneath just like a hammer and chisel," Zohar said.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22380819/?GT1=10645

Cool.  8)
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

ftf

Re: Scientists inscribe entire Bible on head of a pin
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2007, 07:15:50 PM »
Nice, now we just need an easy way to read the pin...

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2007, 07:26:03 PM »

While we are on the subject of scientists and the bible, what are the board member's opinion of the Bible Code? Real? or are you Skeptical? The jury is out on that for me.
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

newman

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2007, 10:25:25 PM »
They should tatoo the Bible on the foreheads of muSSlim terrorists.

Offline Nolandforshalom

• Senior JTFer
    • The Jewish Store
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2007, 10:26:30 PM »
I never thought of that! Thats a great idea!
http://www.thejewishstore.net
The Place for all your Kahanist, Jewish, and Zionist Shopping Needs!

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2007, 11:10:41 PM »
I never thought of that! Thats a great idea!

NOOOOOO! Chalilah, Pig's skin is not Kosher. How can you write the Bible on a pigs' forehead????

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2007, 12:51:38 AM »

More like the foreSKINs of MuSSlim terrorists.

newman

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2007, 12:53:55 AM »

They don't have them. Another idea they ripped off from Torah! >:(

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2007, 12:57:45 AM »

They don't have them. Another idea they ripped off from Torah! >:(

That makes the Muslims the Joe Bidens of our times  ;D  (in reference to Biden's plagiarized remarks of some of his past speeches)

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2008, 11:18:18 PM »

While we are on the subject of scientists and the bible, what are the board member's opinion of the Bible Code? Real? or are you Skeptical? The jury is out on that for me.

Aish had a good analysis of it.

According to the original researchers(RIPS, Witzum,..), they say Drosnin`s stuff is nonsense.. i.e. where you look for anything. So that rules out predicting the future.  You can do that with any book.

But the original scientific paper, which got published in a peer reviewed statistics journal, is prob legit. They had a bunch of names of rabbis, and i think dates of birth, and they found occurrences more than was statistically expected. 

The argument against it is that they cooked the data i.e. they had a list of names, one did not occur, so they amended the spelling, i.e. they fudged the data.  The pro codes group e.g. Witzum, have suggested an independent neutral party agreed by the anti code group.  But the anti code group have not responded. There is alot online about this. e.g. on Witzum`s website. And Harold Gans had a primer on it.

The anti code group are using very deceptive tactics, by largely attacking Drosnin`s book (Which was more of a popular non scientific thing)..  And pretending that this refutes the whole thing. And the pro code group have actually Proven, that the anti code group fudged their data.   

The scientific world has reacted very unscientifically towards the pro code researchers. As Harold Gans mentions.  They actually had a vote/signed petition, against any bible code research!!! And not because of any issue they had with how the research was done

Offline Bruicy Kibbutz

• Full JTFer
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2008, 08:46:50 PM »
israel should write notices to flee homes before bombing campains will begin "__________" in arabic drop a bunch all over :D
DukeNukem

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2008, 09:07:16 PM »
Jews are so smart :)
Serbia will never surrender Kosovo to the breakaway province's ethnic Albanian majority or trade its territory for European Union or NATO membership,

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2008, 11:21:11 PM »

Aish had a good analysis of it.

According to the original researchers(RIPS, Witzum,..), they say Drosnin`s stuff is nonsense.. i.e. where you look for anything. So that rules out predicting the future.  You can do that with any book.

But the original scientific paper, which got published in a peer reviewed statistics journal, is prob legit. They had a bunch of names of rabbis, and i think dates of birth, and they found occurrences more than was statistically expected. 

The argument against it is that they cooked the data i.e. they had a list of names, one did not occur, so they amended the spelling, i.e. they fudged the data.  The pro codes group e.g. Witzum, have suggested an independent neutral party agreed by the anti code group.  But the anti code group have not responded. There is alot online about this. e.g. on Witzum`s website. And Harold Gans had a primer on it.

The anti code group are using very deceptive tactics, by largely attacking Drosnin`s book (Which was more of a popular non scientific thing)..  And pretending that this refutes the whole thing. And the pro code group have actually Proven, that the anti code group fudged their data.   

The scientific world has reacted very unscientifically towards the pro code researchers. As Harold Gans mentions.  They actually had a vote/signed petition, against any bible code research!!! And not because of any issue they had with how the research was done

Wow I had no idea, I thought they were just debunked and that was it.  It's interesting that there is legitimacy at all to the pro-code side, and I'm amazed that the anti-coders tried to 'ban' bible code research.  Sounds like desperation tactics.  Do you have any cites for where they proved the anticoders fudged their own data ? I would really like to see this. 

I once had a rabbi who said basically, Torah codes are not what we need to see the Torah is true so I don't mess around with that, we have the real stuff in our tradition.  But if someone wants to find something like that it's like a "desert for the main course."  I think he largely said that because the jury is still out on the legitimacy of it.  I had assumed it was all bunk, but I didn't look into it too much, maybe I'm wrong.

Offline spiritus_persona

• Pro JTFer
  • Say NO to Dhimmitude
    • Cultural Jihadist (Warning!  May contain harsh language!)
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2008, 12:26:34 AM »
That is simply an amazing use of science!  Well done! O0
Me: Muslims get offended too easily.
Muslim: What!?  That is an outrage!  Take that back or I kill you!

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2008, 07:34:07 PM »
www.torahcodes.co.il (witzum's site) seems to be all in hebrew only now.. But you can see the site from a few years ago or whenever.

just put www.torahcodes.co.il (witzum's site) into www.archive.org

e.g.
http://web.archive.org/web/20010202131800/http://www.torahcodes.co.il/

He talks about the deception many times.

There is this primer by Gans..
http://www.aish.com/seminars/discovery/Codes/Primer/primer1.htm

One I just found that seems to be against it, and I hadn't encountered this before. It's news to me.. A team with pro and anti codes people on it.
http://www.math.toronto.edu/~drorbn/Codes/Gans/
This team includes Eliyahu Rips.. and it says the test failed..  I notice Professor Aumann is on that team as well.    I am not sure what Rips or Witzum - or Aumann- say about that one..