Author Topic: Great News! Smolmert's Coalition Is In Trouble!  (Read 4763 times)

admin

Great News! Smolmert's Coalition Is In Trouble!
« on: January 16, 2008, 08:58:44 PM »
Analysts: Countdown to New Elections Has Begun

by Hillel Fendel

(IsraelNN.com) Avigdor Lieberman, whose Yisrael Beiteinu party is a critical part of Olmert's coalition, will meet with the Prime Minister on Tuesday - and is likely to announce his party's departure from the government on Wednesday.

Signs of Lieberman's discontent have been rife over the past two days.  They include, most notably, the beginning of PA-Israel final-status negotiations today (Monday), and Olmert's statement on Sunday that the continued existence of the unauthorized outposts in Judea and Samaria "is a disgrace."

78 - 23= 55, or Less Than Half
Olmert's 78-member coalition is dependent on the continued presence of the 11 MKs of Lieberman's party, as well as the 12 Shas MKs.  Without them, the coalition numbers only 55 - less than half of the 120-member legislature. It is widely felt that once Lieberman leaves the government, Shas will not be far behind - leading to the toppling of the government and new elections.

Some feel that Olmert actually wants Lieberman to quit - and that that is why he authorized Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni to begin final-status negotiations with the PLO/Hamas Arab Muslim Nazi Authority.  Likud MK Silvan Shalom explained, "Olmert wants Lieberman to leave, in order to create an impression that there is a real peace process going on.  This, he hopes, will keep Labor in the coalition even after the Winograd Report is released [16 days from now]. Olmert will then receive the support of [left-wing] Meretz."

This theory has been advanced by Haaretz political commentator Mazal Mualem as well - but her competitor from Channel Two, Amit Segal, disagrees.

Olmert to Go Out With a Spark
"It is very unlikely that Olmert would want to create a left-wing government," Segal told Arutz-7's Hebrew newsmagazine today.  "The most likely scenario is that Lieberman will quit, followed by Shas - and then Olmert will call new elections, explaining that the peace process is at its height and that that is the main issue of the elections.  If he loses, as all polls strongly indicate, then he will have attained not being thrown out on corruption charges or the like, but rather on a matter of principle.  And if he wins, then he'll be even happier. Either way, though, the countdown has basically begun."

Segal noted that Labor may be tempted to quit the coalition when the Winograd Report is issued, in light of the expected strong criticism it will contain of Olmert's handling of the Second Lebanon War - but that Lieberman is in a different situation.  "Lieberman can't use Winograd as an excuse to quit, " Segal said, "because he joined the government well after it was widely known how badly Olmert had botched the war."

Knesset Bill
MK Uri Ariel (National Union) plans to submit legislation this Wednesday calling for the dissolution of the Knesset and new elections.  "In light of the Olmert government's rush to freeze construction in Jerusalem and uproot Jewish settlement locations," Ariel said, "the time has come to have new elections and replace the government."

Netanyahu
Opposition Leader Binyamin Netanyahu, head of the Likud Party and the current favorite to be Israel's next Prime Minister, repeated his call for Yisrael Beiteinu and Shas to quit the government.  Speaking at a Likud Knesset faction meeting on Monday, Netanyahu said, "The Olmert government is ready to give up Jerusalem and return to the 1967 borders.  These concessions are a danger to Israel's future and security. Our partners in the national camp have a great responsibility at this time to see the dangers and not lend a hand to them."

Kadima Splintered?
New elections are not likely to see Olmert's Kadima party running in its current format.  Kadima's Ze'ev Elkin, a right-wing leaning Knesset Member, says that he and others in the Kadima Knesset faction cannot accept the leftward tilt of Kadima.  "Kadima's platform is what counts," Elkin said, "and it reflects the positions of myself, MK Otniel Schneller [and others]... Whoever tries to take Kadima to the left will pay a heavy price, and so will the entire party."

« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 12:53:35 AM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
Re: Great News! Smolmert's Coalition Is In Trouble!
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 11:09:13 PM »
I was hoping for his cancer to take him out of commission. But this will do quite nicely.
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline Hail Columbia

• Master JTFer
  • Vrijheid, Welvaart, Beschaving
    • AfricanCrisis, Africa's Premier Hard News Website
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 11:13:31 PM »
Isn't this for Good News From Israel?

Learn the truth about rap "music": (Strongly recommended for new members)
www.geocities.com/wilder2k1
My MySpace site:
http://www.myspace.com/hailcolumbiajtf
My YouTube site:
http://www.youtube.com/user/HailColumbiaJTF
Dixie Outfitters, Preserving Southern Heritage Since 1861:
http://www.dixieoutfitters.com/
AfricanCrisis, Africa's Premier Hard News Website:
http://www.africancrisis.co.za
The Right Perspective, NYC's Most Dangerous Callers to Talk Radio, Airing Live Every Friday Night, 10 PM EST:
http://www.therightperspectivepodcastblog.blogspot.com/

In thy power Almighty, trusting,
Did our fathers build of old;
Strengthen then, O Lord, their children
To defend, to love, to hold
That the heritage they gave us
For our children yet may be:
Bondsmen only to the Highest
And before the whole world free.
As our fathers trusted humbly,
Teach us, Lord, to trust Thee still:
Guard our land and guide our people
In Thy way to do Thy will.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 11:15:14 PM »
Now lets hope those shas prostitutes leave the govt so they wont be responsible for surrendering the western wall as well.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline Wojtila

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 01:50:14 PM »
Now lets hope those shas prostitutes leave the govt so they wont be responsible for surrendering the western wall as well.

Who do Chaim support? Likud ? O0

Hate list:
1.Nazis
2.Russia/Communist
3.Muzzies
4.Europeans
5.Jew haters
6.mexicans in America
7.Black People in America
8.Some Asien people in america
7.Poland!

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2008, 03:33:29 PM »
No!

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline Wojtila

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2008, 01:59:06 PM »
No!
Then who, i want to now :)
Hate list:
1.Nazis
2.Russia/Communist
3.Muzzies
4.Europeans
5.Jew haters
6.mexicans in America
7.Black People in America
8.Some Asien people in america
7.Poland!

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2008, 02:30:59 PM »
I know Lieberman was quit but what makes you think that Shas will quit. Shas would convert to Islam if it made them 1 penny richer
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2008, 08:47:25 PM »
Strangely, if Peepee becomes PM, I am even more frightened that he will give away land. If you consider the past records of the so-called conservative parties, it was they that gave back land each time: Begin and then Sharon.

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2008, 09:19:55 PM »
No!
Then who, i want to now :)

We at JTF only support the Relious Parties in Israel. Likud is responcble for giving back the Siani and Oslo both we opposed from the start. Also Likud gave back Gaza and we all know what a mess that has turned out to be.

But as it stands not Likud is the lesser of all the evils in Israel and there are many. On Paper what Netanyahu is saying is great but will he stand by his word that is yet to be seen. Polls do show Netanyahu winning and that is a good thing but it may turn out to be bad just like Sharon and Gaza??? Only time will tell
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline IsraelFight3r

• New JTFer
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2008, 12:33:49 PM »
With all due respect, Sharons unilateral withdrawal from Gaza may have been a wise decision... I just can talk about the things I hear and see but Netanyahu would be my favourite for the next elections. Olmert can't do anything.

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2008, 01:37:41 PM »
With all due respect, Sharons unilateral withdrawal from Gaza may have been a wise decision... I just can talk about the things I hear and see but Netanyahu would be my favourite for the next elections. Olmert can't do anything.

You are not thinking clearly.

Offline IsraelFight3r

• New JTFer
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2008, 03:47:21 PM »
I know that it may have hurt the feelings of orthodox jews, but espescially in the USA the people got a better picture of Israel. Israel can't be always the hardliner (it's hard to say that, since I'm against the 2-States solution) because it has to rely on the protection by the USA...

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2008, 03:58:09 PM »
I know that it may have hurt the feelings of orthodox jews, but espescially in the USA the people got a better picture of Israel. Israel can't be always the hardliner (it's hard to say that, since I'm against the 2-States solution) because it has to rely on the protection by the USA...

I believe that Israel would do better without "help" from the US. They did not get US help in 1948 or 1967 and did just fine. The US "helped" Israel give up the Sinai and Gaza.

Offline IsraelFight3r

• New JTFer
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2008, 04:42:30 PM »
Well I must admit that you are right here... Haven't thought about that. Still I think that Israel needs the support by the USA. The USA just have to stop showing Billions in the Arabs arses, then they won't need to give money to Israel. Still, support by the USA is important in the UN Security Council, 'cause without the USA the whole UN would be Anti-Israel.