Author Topic: Israeli Baseball League  (Read 13159 times)

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Israeli Baseball League
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2007, 06:13:24 PM »
Does anyone know when the league will start playing games?

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2007, 06:19:06 PM »
wow! I agree with Chaim so much on this..

Worshipping athletes...so true...what a waste of time and does seem like idolotry.

I thought that football player who declined the NFL to go to Afganistan (Pat Tillman) was righteous to do so. 

Even though his life was wasted by friendly fire, his heart was in the right place.

Worshipping athletes as a national passtime is juvenile waste of time for imebeciles.

I think it is cool to have Israeli athletic leagues but hopefully they won't take on the scope of American sports.

How could someone only specializes in hitting a ball and be so worshipped and praised and talked about?

Dude, to each his/her own.  I like to play sports. It keeps me healthy and entertained when i want to relax my brain. When I have kids one day, I know that they will want to run around and play all the time too rather than sit in front of the tv and watch mindless tv shows all day.

And watching sports is fine too. These athletes have amazing skills. Why don't you try hitting a ball that is coming at you 90 mph?  Or for that matter throwing a ball that quickly or 50 to 100 yards? or even catching a fly ball even if the sun isn't in your eyes!  Not easy...

Do sports solve the problem of the world? Eh, not really. Sometimes you get different countries to play wtih each other and it does bring friendlier ties.

Is fanaticsm ok? no..never..unfortunately there are sports fanatics..but like anything else one does..it's not good to be a fanatic in anything...
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2007, 09:29:52 PM »
Go Mets!!!!

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2007, 10:32:45 PM »
Go Mets!!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Joe, dude. You crack me up.

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2007, 05:35:35 PM »
Hey Sarah!!  Where have you been?

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2007, 04:12:35 PM »
Hey Sarah!!  Where have you been?

All the way to china and back again :).
I've just been a bit preoccupied and limited.

What state do you live in Joe? Or are you in Israel?

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2007, 05:30:51 PM »
I'm sorry but I'm not going to post where I live.  Too many people will know.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2007, 05:47:59 PM »
I'm sorry but I'm not going to post where I live.  Too many people will know.

Wise choice i suppose. You wouldn't want to wake up the next morning  with the paparazi outside your window.

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2007, 07:25:59 PM »
I'm a photographer myself.  It's just the other nuts that I am concearned about.

ftf

« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2007, 08:41:27 PM »
Yacov, you shouldn't provide your speculation if he doesn't want people to know...

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2007, 11:35:28 AM »
Thanks ftf

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2007, 03:56:10 PM »
Yacov was merely pointing out what he considered obvious. New York afterall is a pretty big place.

You're a photographer, thats cool. I take a few photos myself, have you ever heard of DASH arts in New York?

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2007, 05:37:25 PM »
No, I haven't.  I heard of ASMP

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2007, 09:29:59 PM »
When is opening night for the league.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2007, 09:36:54 PM »
When is opening night for the league.

went to the draft at Cardozzo.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

raiseyourfist

« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2007, 10:54:31 AM »
I agree with your comment entirely

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2007, 03:42:27 AM »
The game's on tonight at 6 pm on SPORT5 but won't be coming to the U.S. via PBS until July 1st, and it's limited to only some major areas.  I'm not a baseball fan at all but I'm going to be watching because I want to support a fledgling sport's league of ANY kind in Israel.  Who knows, maybe I'll even become a fan.  If anyone in the states really wants to see the game I can record it digitally and upload it via torrent or Rapidshare.  Let me know.
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2007, 10:58:28 AM »
On Sunday, July 1st, Ch. 13 here in New York at 11 A.M., will broadcast a game is the Iserali league.  I don't know if it's a live broadcast or tape.  So, anyone who reads this and who lives in the New York City area, please watch ch. 13 at 11 AM on this coming Sunday.

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2007, 09:31:23 PM »
really? i'v never heard about it.
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.
-Shimon Maccabee's answer to Antiochus VII Sidetes.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2007, 06:50:56 PM »
I really enjoyed the first game on TV.  I only wish that if another game is broadcast here, it should be a live broadcast and not tape.  Did anyone of you enjoy the game on Sunday?

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2007, 11:23:04 PM »
Yesterday nothing was really on so I was surfing through the channels and PBS aired the IBL, and said ok I will watch, very interesting.  I was impressed with the talent on one team.  I don't remember the name of the team they had a white uniform.  But their run production was very impressive.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2007, 07:34:37 PM »
How many of you out there have watched the game on PBS?

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2008, 11:34:49 AM »
Is there going to be another year of the league?

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2008, 12:45:26 PM »
The league struggled very badly financially.  I think they have committed to another year, but beyond that is anybody's guess.

Offline Dont Tread on Me

• New JTFer
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2008, 03:36:37 AM »
If they feed the Yankees and Sox with players it might receive some needed funds.

I played baseball most of my life, and I love the sport. I'm glad it's making it's rounds in the world.