Author Topic: Actress Bardot convicted of racism  (Read 1957 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Actress Bardot convicted of racism
« on: June 03, 2008, 09:50:56 AM »
How do Eouropeans put up with these laws.In the U.S. if you want to sayMoslems Blacks ,Homos ,Jews,Hispanics or White Christian are no good you can say it.Europe has too many strict laws involved.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080603/ap_en_ce/france_bardot_racism 

PARIS - A Paris court on Tuesday convicted Brigitte Bardot of provoking discrimination and racial hatred for writing that Muslims are destroying France.

ADVERTISEMENT

The court also handed down a $23,325 fine against the former screen siren and animal rights campaigner.

A leading French anti-racism group known as MRAP filed a lawsuit last year over a letter she sent to then-Interior Minister Nicolas Sarkozy. The remarks were published in her foundation's quarterly journal.

In the December 2006 letter to Sarkozy, now the president, Bardot said France is "tired of being led by the nose by this population that is destroying us, destroying our country by imposing its acts."

She was referring to the Muslim feast of Aid el-Kebir, celebrated by slaughtering sheep.

French anti-racism laws prevent inciting hatred and discrimination on racial or religious or racial grounds. Bardot had been convicted four times previously for inciting racial hatred.
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline underthesun

• Senior JTFer
Re: Actress Bardot convicted of racism
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 10:47:50 AM »
How do Eouropeans put up with these laws.

I try to watch my tongue.
And if I slip, I prey that nobody sues me.

In the U.S. if you want to sayMoslems Blacks ,Homos ,Jews,Hispanics or White Christian are no good you can say it.

I think those things you can say in most european Countries too. In Germany this becomes a crime, if the judge believes that the statement can lead to an unrest. Or when he believes that the feeling of a part of the population could be really hurt. With such rubber laws you can get into serious problems, if you get the wrong judge.

In France you have 10% black Muslims. When other countries reach that threshold, ...

Europe has too many strict laws involved.

Yes, and the EU now enforces some of them on all member states.

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
Re: Actress Bardot convicted of racism
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 01:08:03 PM »
The good thing about this is that people in France and Europe realise Bardot is right, and that she is convicted for telling the truth.
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.