Author Topic: Wikipedia used as source in a scholarly book  (Read 755 times)

Offline underthesun

• Senior JTFer
Wikipedia used as source in a scholarly book
« on: June 05, 2008, 06:30:44 PM »
Book is just so wrong these guys should have their cap and gowns surgically removed.
Here come the fun part

"According to Wikipedia, ‘in a verbal agreement that appears in court transcripts, federal prosecutors agreed [as part of the plea agreement] that Al-Arian would not have to testify in Virginia.'"

ACCORDING TO WIKIPEDIA? MY KIDS AREN'T ALLOWED TO USE WIKIPEDIA AS A SOURCE FOR MIDDLE SCHOOL PROJECTS. And now a former assistant Treasury secretary and a former adjunct law professor at Georgetown University are using it as a source for a scholarly book?

Of course you will see the book quoted in the MSN, but not a critical look at their work, showing its unreliable sources.

http://yidwithlid.blogspot.com/2008/06/if-wikipedia-says-its-true-it-must-be.html
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 06:32:17 PM by underthesun »

Offline Katie

• Full JTFer
  • OBAMA SUCKS
Re: Wikipedia used as source in a scholarly book
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 06:42:01 PM »
haha wow thats stupid, you cant use wikipedia for anything! wow i cant believe such idiots!!! i mean dont get me wrong I LOVE wikipedia for just like finding out basic facts when surfing the web like general info but not for research projects or anything of any value!

;D
"Over the last 15 months, we've traveled to every corner of the United States. I've now been in 57 states? I think one left to go." - Barack Obama

haha