Author Topic: Duncan Hunter prepares to pass the torch -- to Duncan D. Hunter- his son!  (Read 1065 times)

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
        An L.A. Times Article I edited a bit...
The Republican stronghold of eastern San Diego County, Duncan Hunter the son is attempting to succeed Duncan Hunter the father in the 52nd Congressional District.
When Duncan Sr. first ran for Congress in 1980, he was a 31-year-old combat veteran from Vietnam. His son is a 31-year-old combat veteran from Iraq and Afghanistan.
Father and son share the same brand of conservatism: Continue building the border fence; continue fighting in Iraq; cut spending and taxes; oppose abortion and gay marriage; and support the rights of gun owners and sportsmen. (The Hunters are hunters.)
Hunter's three opponents generally share his political views and have credentials that, in a Hunter-free election, might make them front-runners in this ruby-red district.
 Whoever wins the Republican nomination becomes a favorite to beat the Democratic nominee in November. Republicans hold a 14-point registration advantage in a district that includes the eastern edge of San Diego and several suburbs. President Bush got 61% of the vote in 2004.
The criticism of Duncan D. Hunter is much the same as it was of his father in 1980: lack of experience outside military service.
Duncan D. promised the gathering he would continue the "Hunter legacy," particularly in championing increased border security. America has to be a good place when "good people, like my father, run for Congress."

A gentle joke ran through the crowd that someday Duncan Hunter will be remembered not for his own accomplishments but rather as the father of Duncan D. Hunter. That thought didn't seem to bother the congressman.

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
Duncan Hunter has been one of the best reps in congress. 

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Duncan Hunter has been one of the best reps in congress. 
I agree i think Michael Savage is doing a fund raiser for Hunters son.
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
Hunter is a good man.  It's too bas the conservative hacks like Hannity and Limbaugh didn't back him, because he is the real deal.

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
Hunter is a good man.  It's too bas the conservative hacks like Hannity and Limbaugh didn't back him, because he is the real deal.

I assume Limbaugh was backing Fred Thompson like many of Limbaugh's supporters from FreeRepublic supported.  Most of Thompson's supporters refused to accept the fact that Hunter was a better candidate.