Author Topic: TOON WARS!!! 6 more people die in response to Danish cartoon  (Read 3521 times)

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,361348,00.html

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan —  An apparent car bomb exploded outside the Danish embassy in Pakistan's capital Monday amid threats against Denmark over the reprinting of Prophet Muhammad cartoons in newspapers.

At least six people were killed and dozens were injured in the blast.

The blast echoed through Islamabad and left a crater more than three feet deep in the road in front of the embassy. Shattered glass, fallen masonry and dozens of wrecked vehicles littered the area. A plume of smoke rose above the scene as people, some bloodied, ran back and forth in a state of panic.

• Click here to see photos of the blast.

The explosion appeared to be a car bomb, police officer Muhammad Ashraf said. Someone parked a car in front of the embassy and it exploded at around 1 p.m, he said.

A perimeter wall of the embassy collapsed and its metal gate was blown inward, but the embassy building itself remained standing, though its windows were shattered.

Officials said at least six people — including two policemen — were killed and 35 people were wounded in the blast. The only foreign national reported hurt was a Brazilian woman working at the Danish Embassy. Her injuries were not serious, Brazil's Foreign Ministry said.

There was no immediate claim of responsibility, but Al Qaeda No. 2 Ayman al-Zawahri recently called for attacks on Danish targets in response to the publication of caricatures in Danish newspapers depicting the Prophet Muhammad.

Denmark has faced threats at its embassies following the reprinting in Danish newspapers of the caricatures depicting the Prophet Muhammad. Muslims generally consider depicting the prophet to be sacrilegious and Islamic militants had warned of reprisals.

Danish Prime Minister Anders Fogh Rasmussen called the bombing "an attack against Denmark."

But he said the country would not be cowed by terrorists.

"Denmark will not alter its policy because of a terror attack," he told reporters. "We will not give in to terrorists. We will maintain the foreign and security policy line we have been leading."

Pakistan's new government is trying to strike peace deals with militants in its regions bordering Afghanistan, a pursuit eyed warily by the U.S.

Pakistani officials condemned the blast but indicated they did not want to stop the talks. The government has insisted it is not talking to "terrorists" but rather militants willing to lay down their weapons.

"There is no question of any impact of this incident on the peace process, but of course it badly harmed our image in the world," said Rehman Malik, the Interior Ministry chief.

Danish Foreign Minister Per Stig Moeller said the explosion killed a male Pakistani custodian at the embassy and seriously injured a handyman. Two office workers were also injured, Moeller said.

He condemned the attack as "totally unacceptable."

"It is terrible that terrorists do this. The embassy is there to have a cooperation between the Pakistani population and Denmark, and that means they are destroying that," Moeller told Denmark's TV2 News channel.

In April, Danish intelligence officials warned of an "aggravated" terror threat against Denmark because of the cartoon. The warning specifically singled Pakistan, along with North Africa, the Middle East and Afghanistan.

Ben Venzke, CEO of IntelCenter, a U.S. group that monitors Al Qaeda messages, said the bombing was likely the work of the terror group or one of its affiliates.

He said Al Qaeda laid out an extensive justification for attacks against Danish diplomatic facilities and personnel in a video last August, and repeated its threat earlier this year.

"I urge and incite every Muslim who can harm Denmark to do so in support of the Prophet, God's peace and prayers be upon him, and in defense of his honorable stature," IntelCenter quoted al-Zawahri as saying in an April 21 video.

Foreign Secretary Salman Bashir pledged Pakistan would do all it could to safeguard foreign diplomatic missions.

"I think the Pakistani nation feels very ashamed today on incidents such as these," he said.

It was the second targeting of foreigners in less than three months in the usually tranquil Pakistani capital. A bombing in March at a restaurant in Islamabad that killed a Turkish aid worker and wounded at least 12 others including four FBI personnel.

"I was with a friend passing through a nearby street then we heard a big bang," said witness Muhammad Akhtar. "Then we saw smoke and people running in a frenzy. We shifted at least eight or nine injured to hospitals. They all have got serious injuries. They were soaked in blood."

Footage from the scene showed rescue workers dragging away a bloodied person, covering his torso with a blanket.

Sirens wailed as ambulances took the wounded from the scene. One group of rescuers carried away what appeared to be the upper half of a man's body. Pieces of metal and glass were scattered at least 200 yards from the blast site.

The Danish flag and the EU flag were blown off their staffs and the windows of the embassy were blown out.

The Norwegian Foreign Ministry closed its embassy a few hundred yards from the Danish mission. It suffered "glass breakage" from the blast, a ministry statement said. The Swedish embassy also shut down, Swedish foreign ministry spokesman Kent Oberg said.

The U.S. Embassy, meanwhile, urged Americans to use extra caution when traveling through Islamabad and avoid the blast site.

The office of a Pakistani development organization opposite the embassy was badly damaged, its roof partially collapsed.

Anjum Masood, a field operations manager for the U.N.-funded group, Devolution Trust for Community Empowerment, said dozens of its 100 employees were wounded, mostly because of flying glass. His own left hand was bandaged.

Taliban and Al Qaeda-linked militants have launched a wave of bombings in Pakistan over the past year, mostly targeting security forces.

There had been a relative lull in violence since a new civilian government took power two months ago and began peace talks with the Taliban based along the Afghan frontier.

The United States has expressed concerns that the peace deals will simply give the militants time to regroup and intensify attacks on U.S. and other foreign forces inside Afghanistan.

In April, Denmark briefly evacuated staff from its embassies in Algeria and Afghanistan because of terror threats related to the Muhammad drawings. Foreign Minister Moeller then suggested Danish embassies in other locations also could be forced to relocate their staff following a warning in March by Al Qaeda leader Usama bin Laden.

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
Re: TOON WARS!!! 6 more people die in response to Danish cartoon
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 04:22:39 PM »
That's horrible. I hope they're okay. (the ones lucky enough to have survived)

Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline underthesun

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 06:13:36 PM »
6 more people die in response to Danish cartoon

I see it this way:
"6 more people die in response to the teachings of Muhammed."

Offline Eliezer Ben Avraham

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 10:47:49 PM »
yet Islam is still a religion of peace
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 10:51:19 PM »
yet Islam is still a religion of peace

MORE LIKE A ''RELIGION'' of Fleas one they get to you they spread
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 10:58:44 PM by Americanhero »

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 11:19:19 PM »
Everything seems to be cruel and bad at ISLAMABAD i.e. ISLAM And BAD.  :o

This is their birthmark and is going to vanish with them. >:(
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline IslamIsCancer

• Master JTFer
  • My name is Stalinashvili.
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 11:28:55 PM »
I saw this in the news and they said no Danish people were killed.
All victims were muslims, if this is the case then great job.
When muslims are killing their fellow muslims that only makes me happy.
They have my unwavering support on this.
Free Javakh!!!
I defecate on Stalin's grave.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2008, 11:31:08 PM »
Even better  ;D

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2008, 11:55:39 PM »
So when Islamic terrorists kill 3000 people on 9/11, there is no outrage and only celebrations in the Islamic world. When some Danish cartoonists draw a couple cartoons of Mohammad, the entire Muslim world is outraged and hundreds of people are killed.

And the leftists still say Islam is a religion of peace.

I find it somewhat amusing when the Muslims say the zionists did 9/11 and at the same time majority of muslims cheered and celebrated the attacks AND STILL DO.  They put islamic imagery on the burning towers or whatever other cartoons celebrating 9/11 and at the same time say 'zionists' did it to 'frame islam'.... If Islam was framed, why did Muslims celebrate?  lol...

Offline IslamIsCancer

• Master JTFer
  • My name is Stalinashvili.
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2008, 11:58:11 PM »
So when Islamic terrorists kill 3000 people on 9/11, there is no outrage and only celebrations in the Islamic world. When some Danish cartoonists draw a couple cartoons of Mohammad, the entire Muslim world is outraged and hundreds of people are killed.

And the leftists still say Islam is a religion of peace.

I find it somewhat amusing when the Muslims say the zionists did 9/11 and at the same time majority of muslims cheered and celebrated the attacks AND STILL DO.  They put islamic imagery on the burning towers or whatever other cartoons celebrating 9/11 and at the same time say 'zionists' did it to 'frame islam'.... If Islam was framed, why did Muslims celebrate?  lol...
It's because Zionists and muslims have a secret covenant to get rid of the Christians to rule the world together  ::)
Free Javakh!!!
I defecate on Stalin's grave.

Offline Bruicy Kibbutz

• Full JTFer
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2008, 08:42:53 AM »
Everything seems to be cruel and bad at ISLAMABAD i.e. ISLAM And BAD.  :o

This is their birthmark and is going to vanish with them. >:( 
I wonder if this site can add this smiley!
DukeNukem

Offline underthesun

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2008, 08:57:18 AM »

This goes further:
After 9/11 the westerners said "Islam is a religion of peace" and tried to prevent people from outraging.
After the cartoons they tried to find excuses for the Muslim mobs and push the guild on to the cartoonists.

Offline spiritus_persona

• Pro JTFer
  • Say NO to Dhimmitude
    • Cultural Jihadist (Warning!  May contain harsh language!)
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2008, 09:15:05 AM »
These cartoons are about 2 years old.  When will muslim learn not to get offended? :::D

Muslim: WHAT!?  We don't get offended!  Take it back or I keel you! >:(
Me: Muslims get offended too easily.
Muslim: What!?  That is an outrage!  Take that back or I kill you!

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2008, 09:35:44 AM »
I saw this in the news and they said no Danish people were killed.
All victims were muslims, if this is the case then great job.
When muslims are killing their fellow muslims that only makes me happy.
They have my unwavering support on this.

Well that was good news.
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision