Author Topic: EXTREMIST LEFTIST Jewboy condemms MC CAINE AND RAVES ABOUT OBAMA  (Read 1240 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
he also wants Israel to surrender to porky arabs ;D ;D He mentions Rabbi Kahane.

Obama’s Mixed Message to AIPACJune 4, 2008 at 8:42 pm · Filed under Mideast Peace, Politics & Society

Obama addresses AIPAC (Doug Mills/NYT)Events transpired to transform a potentially awkward speech by Barack Obama to the AIPAC national policy conference into a candidate coming-out party, as he won the Democratic nomination the day before. AIPAC’s leadership had been so concerned they sent out a blanket e mail to members reminding them that they shouldn’t give a raspberry to any of the Democratic candidates as happened to Nancy Pelosi last year.

Obama needn’t have been concerned as his victory sobered up the audience, forcing them to contemplate the uncomfortable prospect that by November he might be President-elect Obama. He was received warmly, though nowhere near as riotously enthusiastically as McCain the day before. He did a delicate dance in this speech. He was appealing to a constituency he knew he needed to win in November. So he had to make nice to the audience and appeal to their interests and even prejudices. He knew too, many in the audience would be predisposed against him. So he tried to make light of the rampant Obamaphobia among many of his listeners. But he also wanted to send a message to them that he would not be the rubber stamp that the current president has been for Israel. He wanted them to know that he had spine and principles, from which they might infer that he and they would differ from time to time on what is best for Israel.

Now, as to Obama’s speech–it was a mixed bag. It was very much what I call a template speech that features stock positions known to be popular among the target audience. In that sense, it was a disappointment. In some senses, the speech went beyond where it needed to go in pandering to its audience’s prejudices. But, as in everything Obama does, even when he’s being conventional he surprises and challenges.

What most encouraged me was Obama gave as good as he got on Iran. He sounded muscular and assertive in taking it to McCain on the question of whether pursuit of diplomacy in resolving the Iranian conflict represents weakness. In this, he reminded me of those wonderful Tom Petty lyrics: “I won’t back down.”

Obama advocated a two-state solution and even called for a “contiguous, cohesive” PLO/Hamas Arab Muslim Nazi state, which are code words critical of Israel’s policy of turning the West Bank into isolated Bantustans through the use of settlements, apartheid roads and the Separation Wall. The nominee also spoke against the building of new settlements, something neither new nor surprising. But if he becomes candidate and puts muscle into the statement, it will mean something.

The most disappointing statement was this throwaway line:

Jerusalem will remain the capital of Israel, and it must remain undivided.

It’s standard operating rhetoric out of presidential campaigns. But what disappointed me was that he needn’t have mentioned the second half of the statement at all. Saying Jerusalem must remain undivided was throwing red meat to the pro-Israel crowd. Everyone knows that ultimately Israel will be shared by two peoples. The city will certainly become Israel’s capital as it will become Eretz Yisrael’s. The neighborhoods will be divided reflecting their ethnicity. Obama’s unequivocal endorsement of a far-right Israeli position only paints him into a corner should he win the presidency and actually have to preside over the “division” of Jerusalem.

Then Obama made a few mistakes that are uncharacteristic of his otherwise stellar presentations. At one point, he called the Green Line the “blue line:”

I spoke to Israeli troops who faced daily threats as they maintained security near the blue line.

At another point, he confused divestment with boycott. This, of course, is a confusion deliberately encouraged by groups like AIPAC which seek to paint the divestment movement as virtually the same as the boycott movement:

I was interested to see Senator McCain propose divestment as a source of leverage, not the bigoted divestment that has sought to punish Israeli scientists and academics, but divestment targeted at the Iranian regime.

Apparently, Dan Shapiro and the rest of Obama’s Jewish advisors don’t understand that the academic BOYCOTT would punish Israel’s scientists and academics. The Methodist divestment campaign would do no such thing. Instead, it would punish American companies like Caterpillar and Motorola, whose products are used to bolster the Israeli Occupation. Divestment and boycott are different things. Divestment, in my opinion, is a calibrated and cautious approach to the issue. Boycotts are sledgehammers in comparison. Obama should keep that in mind.

Finally, Obama did a deep disservice to himself by repeating McCain’s benighted reference to Meir Kahane’s slogan, Never Again! The racist rabbi must be smiling from the Beyond to know that his inflammatory rhetoric has captured the minds of both a Republican AND Democratic presidential candidate. The only thing to be said in Obama’s favor was that his use of the term was confined only to the Holocaust itself; while McCain wielded the slogan as a cudgel to promise Iran annihilation should it attempt genocide against Israel. I hope a presidential never again will exploit Kahane’s “Never Again!”

And I buried the lede: some people get religion. Well, Barack’s got “tikkun.” He’s discovered the power of tikun olam:

…There is a commitment embedded in the Jewish faith and tradition to freedom and fairness, to social justice and equal opportunity, to tikkun olam, the obligation to repair this world.

Hope it makes Michael Lerner proud. I know if made me proud.

ShareThis

tags aipac, israeli-settlements, jerusalem, never again, obama, tikkun olam
Permalink Comments  Print Post

McCain Invokes Kahane’s ‘Never Again!’ in Defending Israel Against IranJune 3, 2008 at 11:42 pm · Filed under Jews & Judaism, Mideast Peace, Politics & Society

Jim Lobe notes that McCain’s AIPAC speech predictably invoked the Holocaust to explain why the U.S. and Israel must stand alone as a bulwark against Iran:

…While he did not repeat the Bush administration’s mantra that “all options”, including a military attack, should remain “on the table” in dealing with the alleged threat, he suggested that he would resort to such measures when he focused on the post-Holocaust promise of “never again”.

“(W)hen we join in saying ‘never again,’ that is not a wish, a request, or a plea to the enemies of Israel. It is a promise that the United States and Israel will honour, against any enemy who cares to test us,” he declared to enthusiastic applause…

It’s a nifty sound bite, especially before a hard-right Jewish audience like AIPAC. However, it completely twists political reality. While Ahmadinejad articulates hatred for the U.S. and Israel and the wish that they would disappear (and don’t we feel the same way about his regime?), he has never advocated genocide against Israel. He certainly realizes, unlike McCain and Israeli right-wing politicians like Bibi Netanyahu, that Iran doesn’t have the capacity to seriously damage, much less eradicate Israel. This is yet another example of misusing the Holocaust for pure partisan political gain.

Another point to keep in mind is that the slogan “Never Again!” was first popularized by Meir Kahane. Is this the Jewish model that McCain wishes to embrace? It tells you how poorly McCain’s advisors are guiding his efforts that he should embrace the words of the foremost Jewish racist of the past 50 years. Whoever’s advising him is either Jewishly ignorant or has a very bad case of amnesia. ;D

Let’s also keep in mind that most Americans, including several of McCain’s own foreign policy advisors, reject the candidate’s “Nyet” approach to Iran:

…A new poll just released by the Gallup organisation found that nearly six in 10 U.S. voters, including nearly half of all Republican respondents, believe a U.S.-Iranian summit would be a “good idea”…

Obama['s] views on engaging Iran without conditions reflect the views of much of the U.S. foreign policy establishment, including even two of his [McCain's] key policy advisers, former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger and neo-conservative thinker, Robert Kagan. They have called for direct talks with Tehran…

Personally, I’m beginning to think a McCain candidacy is going to echo the clueless, out of touch 1996 campaign Robert Dole ran against a far younger, more politically nimble Democrat by the name of Bill Clinton. If 6 in 10 Americans and some of his own key advisors believe the precise opposite of what McCain espouses regarding Iran, how long before we all see that the Republican emperor is hopelessly out of touch and has no clothes?

ShareThis

tags aipac, holocaust, iran, kahane, mccain, never again
Permalink Comments (1)  Print Post

he must have blocked the link from here so copy and past the url he has many other anti Israel articles                  http://www.richardsilverstein.com/tikun_olam/
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 08:00:35 AM by mord »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: EXTREMIST LEFTIST Jewboy condemms MC CAINE AND RAVES ABOUT OBAMA
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 12:14:52 PM »
This author is really sick.

While Ahmadinejad articulates hatred for the U.S. and Israel and the wish that they would disappear (and don’t we feel the same way about his regime?), he has never advocated genocide against Israel.

In which way should we interpret Achmadinedschad's speeches about the annihilation of Israel and the world domination of Islam?

For this selfhaters are even the verbatim expressions of the Murdermuslims not proof enough!  :(
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline underthesun

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 02:12:08 PM »
Finally, Obama did a deep disservice to himself by repeating McCain’s benighted reference to Meir Kahane’s slogan, Never Again! ... I hope a presidential never again will exploit Kahane’s “Never Again!”

I didn't know that this slogan come from Kahane!
All the leftists use it against Islam-critics.
Even the same leftists that condemned jtf, Chaim and especially Kahane use it.

Is Kahane really the origin or did this jewish Obama-fan just copied that claim from wikipedia?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Never_Again

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 02:13:10 PM »
Here I am trying to fight the Anti Semites off cause they thing that Jews continue to support these Leftist anti semetic maniacs and Obama is the worst and here you got this worm.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2008, 02:23:42 PM »
I'm pretty sure it's from Rabbi Kahane
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline underthesun

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2008, 05:43:32 PM »
I'm pretty sure it's from Rabbi Kahane

Wonderful :)

The next "Muslims are the Jews of today"-leftists who tells me "never again" will here from me whom he is quoting ;D

Offline Katie

• Full JTFer
  • OBAMA SUCKS
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2008, 06:43:03 PM »
that guys an idiot
"Over the last 15 months, we've traveled to every corner of the United States. I've now been in 57 states? I think one left to go." - Barack Obama

haha