Only Jewish women should stay virgins; Jewish men optional
6 (6.5%)
All men and women should stay virgins until marraige
36 (38.7%)
Only women should wait; men optional
2 (2.2%)
Optional for all; men and women
22 (23.7%)
For some yes; for some it would be worse to be a virgin until marraige since he/she might be a better spouse if they get it out of their system before hand
3 (3.2%)
I believe in complete celibacy
0 (0%)
I think everyone should practice premarital sex
9 (9.7%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: Pre-Marital sex. What is your take??  (Read 142411 times)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Pre-Marital sex. What is your take??
« on: June 12, 2008, 02:19:32 PM »
This is not a religious poll. Just want to know what people think.

Also if you aren't a virgin when you answer this poll, answer based on what you would advise a virgin OR what you would want for your children OR what you would have chosen if you were still a virgin.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 04:12:44 PM by דוד בן זאב אריה »
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
Re: Pre-Marital sex
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 02:47:59 PM »
I think all men and women should remain virgins until marriage.

People can say men and women should stay virgins until marriage  but you can force them to

Offline shimon

• Full JTFer
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 02:50:36 PM »
if everyone practices clebiacy they would be no more people left.
And bringing children to the world is the most important mitzvah in the torah

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 02:50:52 PM »

Yacov, I think that is something which would take place in a Utopian world. I went to a modern orthodox yeshiva in the five towns for high school and I can tell you that you would be very disappointed at what people did there, to say the least. I don't think any of the girls there would of been acceptable for you by the time they graduated.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 02:51:58 PM »

I think they mean not to have sex before you are married

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 02:52:30 PM »
I am pretty sure this will be a long thread. These types of threads are usually pages long.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008, 02:53:37 PM »
I am pretty sure this will be a long thread. These types of threads are usually pages long.
It probably be like 15 pages :D

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2008, 02:54:03 PM »

No i meant celebacy..period!  It's just opposite to "Everyone should have sex all the time."
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2008, 02:55:02 PM »
It probably be like 15 pages :D

wanted to reemerge this topic again but without claiming a ban on something...

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2008, 02:55:45 PM »

No i meant celebacy..period!  It's just opposite to "Everyone should have sex all the time."

Then No if we do that we wont procreate and the Muslims will grow

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2008, 02:57:58 PM »

well there are some nuts out there who beleive in it and make the act of sex an unwanted sin. It obviously isn't

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2008, 02:59:53 PM »

well there are some nuts out there who beleive in it and make the act of sex an unwanted sin. It obviously isn't

They say Sex is a sin ?
Stupid morons ::)

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2008, 03:01:29 PM »
I agree with Yacov. But only for Jews I don't want to tell people who aren't religous what to do
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2008, 03:02:19 PM »
Dr Dan I think you should make the topic more clearer because people think you mean no sex until marriage

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2008, 03:09:01 PM »
I'll have to abstain form this poll...

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2008, 03:12:33 PM »
I'll have to abstain form this poll...
:::D :::D :::D

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2008, 11:10:01 PM »
Dr Dan I think you should make the topic more clearer because people think you mean no sex until marriage

That is what it was..Pre-marital sex means Sex before marraige.  The choice of celebacy means, no sex AT ALL.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2008, 11:14:32 PM »

No i meant celebacy..period!  It's just opposite to "Everyone should have sex all the time."

When you said this it look like you ment not to have sex ever

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Pre-Marital sex. What is your take??
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2008, 11:17:24 PM »
I think that in an idealistic society, sex should NOT be done before marraige.  Our society is so screwed up-Jewish and non Jewish.  Being that it is that way and that most of us live in these societies, pre marital sex should be discouraged.  However, speaking for men, sometimes, they need to get it out of their system in order to be a better husband...Or if possible, marry younger.  Except our society doesn't allow the latter.

The problem here is that there way too much focus on sex and less focus on love.  To many, it is SUCH A SIN to have pre-marital sex that it some will push their children to get married younger so that they dont' live or think in sin.  However, it's NOT JUST about sex!!!  It's unfortunate our society has become too sexified.  It's either something awesome or great or a terrible sin.  It's niether. It's a natural thing that is awesome and definately not a sin.  But sex shouldn't just be sex...that's just for animals to do.  We are humans with souls who understand and can learn love...and that's what it's about. If we can love a single person of the opposite sex and marry them, the sex makes sense...all the rest is really a waste of time and brain and soul.

But here's the clincher: How would I know this if I were still a virgin?  How could I understand this if I stayed a virgin?  In other words, sometimes, some people need to wander the desert for 40 years to appreciate the promised land, rather than go direct straight through.  Sometimes eating from the Tree of Knowledge will enhance our brains to do right and know wrong...Things like that can create beautiful poetry and wonderful dreams.\

I shoudl add however, that the frustration of not doing it before marraige can also create beautiful poetry and wonderful dreams.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 11:19:30 PM by Dr. Dan »

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2008, 11:18:22 PM »

No i meant celebacy..period!  It's just opposite to "Everyone should have sex all the time."

When you said this it look like you ment not to have sex ever

That's whate celebacy is..No sex EVER.  I put that choice up there to be the opposite to sex no matter what.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2008, 11:33:43 PM »

Yacov, I think that is something which would take place in a Utopian world. I went to a modern orthodox yeshiva in the five towns for high school and I can tell you that you would be very disappointed at what people did there, to say the least. I don't think any of the girls there would of been acceptable for you by the time they graduated.

You went to Yeshiva, never would have guessed. Anyway most Jewish girls are not like that, and it is not nice to generalise and put down our Holy Jewish women like that. Sure their are bad apples, but thank G-d their are also many rightious Jewish women and girls, who bring a lot of merit to the nation of Israel.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2008, 11:40:08 PM »

You went to Yeshiva, never would have guessed. Anyway most Jewish girls are not like that, and it is not nice to generalise and put down our Holy Jewish women like that. Sure their are bad apples, but thank G-d their are also many rightious Jewish women and girls, who bring a lot of merit to the nation of Israel.

Why wouldn't you of guessed? I didn't say anything bad about them. I stated a fact. Of course if you go to a very frum yeshiva this doesn't happen but in the less religious ones it does tzvi and often. I certainly wasn't putting anyone down and if is seemed that way then I apologize. I am friends with many of the people I met in high school till this day so I certainly didn't mean to speak badly.

Also Tzvi, didn't you realize I knew lots of jewish things? You should of figured it out hehe.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2008, 12:04:31 AM »

I have heard of the same thing happening in some "orthodox" communities amongst highschool students...either way dont' care who it is, it sickens me.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2008, 12:51:39 AM »
I think it's best if all men and all women are virgins until they marry. However, it's more important for women because they have more at risk.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2008, 12:54:57 AM »
I think it's best if all men and all women are virgins until they marry. However, it's more important for women because they have more at risk.
Besides getting pregnant how so