Only Jewish women should stay virgins; Jewish men optional
6 (6.5%)
All men and women should stay virgins until marraige
36 (38.7%)
Only women should wait; men optional
2 (2.2%)
Optional for all; men and women
22 (23.7%)
For some yes; for some it would be worse to be a virgin until marraige since he/she might be a better spouse if they get it out of their system before hand
3 (3.2%)
I believe in complete celibacy
0 (0%)
I think everyone should practice premarital sex
9 (9.7%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: Pre-Marital sex. What is your take??  (Read 142359 times)

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Pre-Marital sex. What is your take??
« Reply #125 on: June 15, 2008, 09:36:43 PM »
because the girls on their are probably not for me (Im guessing they are mostly Askenazi)

european looking girls don't float your boat?

rabbi's orders to pick a sephardi? 

parents' orders?

Online Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #126 on: June 15, 2008, 09:39:55 PM »

I never go to club, bars, and silly places like that. I don't even like those places and they just play loud trash music there.

Are Frumster and Orthodate good places to meet a woman? If I get a job in The Summer, I will money to spend so I will be able to afford to be a paid member there. I was only a paid member on Frumster once but the only girl that answered me didn't want to wait until I was done college and I still had a long way to go then. Now I will graduated in December and the only thing standing in the way is having enough money to get married but I will able to work full time since I'll be out of college.

I know that, I also dont go, but I wouldn't say that if their was no Torah law agains't it that I wouldn't. I went a few times when I was verry young, and to tell you the truth at first I liked it, because I was the shiite because I knew how to dance and stuff. Also I loved the music (trance, club music) and was into that. It wasn't even to pick up a girl, but it was just the atmosphere- the music and friends that attracted me, as well as others. Then I just stopped going after talking to a Rabbi, and seeing the shiite that was going on their, where before I would go if a friend invited for their birthday, I just then said naa sorry its not the place for me.

I do not know about Frumster and the other site, but I guess trying wont hurt. I personaly would not and will not go on them, because the girls on their are probably not for me (Im guessing they are mostly Askenazi) but if you see one that you like why not? Also if I were you I would definitly get myself realy trying by now, because you already need to be married, and you shouldn't wait to first completly finish college to then start dating and then find your match and then finaly get married at like 40 (G-d forbid). Go fishing now, and see what you will catch, also pray to Hashem and dont settle below your reasonable standards (dont make society think you are not "normal" or better yett doing the right thing in wanting simple things like a girl who respects her body, respecting G-d's laws of not having xxx before marriage, and respecting her future husband.) All the luck to you, may Hashem send you your Zivuk Gilgul and may she be a modest, rightious lady who keeps the laws properly.
[/quote]

how old are you tzvi? I thought you were 18 or 19 years old?
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #127 on: June 15, 2008, 09:46:27 PM »

how old are you tzvi? I thought you were 18 or 19 years old?

teenagers still have a concept of when they were "very young".

Even 10 year olds can talk of when they were very young, like when they were 9 !

BTW, 19 years old isn't that young.. people can be quite mature by 19, and can have had quite a history, from the age of say 14, partying. It is a long time, especially if you pack alot into it. And alot happens in those years - relatively speaking, so the time goes slower.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 09:48:56 PM by q_q_ »

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #128 on: June 15, 2008, 09:49:40 PM »
because the girls on their are probably not for me (Im guessing they are mostly Askenazi)

rabbi's orders to pick a Sefaradi? 

parents' orders?

Personal preference, my most likly way of going. Its just big cultural differences between us.
 Rabbi's actualy say not to discriminate (like Rabbi Mizrachi was saying- "what's it her fault if she is Hungarian") but I just personaly feel closer to people who think like me, come from similar background, etc. Also I have a rich culture, and wouldn't want to have a conflict of interest of having which type of culture in the house. Also their would probably be a bigger change of me going for a Sefardi girl in general, not only Bukharian, but most likly with G-d's help the blood in my family will stay purly Bukh.   :D
  Parents orders-  :::D , wouldn't listin anyway (and do not have to since, it involves a mitzva and we dont have to listin to them, but anyway they dont tell me anything).

To Dan- no im 21. But anyway when I meant young, I was referring to like 13 and 14.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Online Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #129 on: June 15, 2008, 10:08:50 PM »

parents' orders?

Personal preference, my most likly way of going. Its just big cultural differences between us.
 Rabbi's actualy say not to discriminate (like Rabbi Mizrachi was saying- "what's it her fault if she is Hungarian") but I just personaly feel closer to people who think like me, come from similar background, etc. Also I have a rich culture, and wouldn't want to have a conflict of interest of having which type of culture in the house. Also their would probably be a bigger change of me going for a Sefaradi girl in general, not only Bukharian, but most likly with G-d's help the blood in my family will stay purly Bukh.   :D
  Parents orders-  :::D , wouldn't listin anyway (and do not have to since, it involves a mitzva and we dont have to listin to them, but anyway they dont tell me anything).

To Dan- no im 21. But anyway when I meant young, I was referring to like 13 and 14.

how the heck did you get into any clubs and bars at the age of 13 or 14? lol

As far as marrying only a Bukharian...generally, Sefardi jews tend to have that strong connection with people of their own culture. Being Persian, I know what you mean.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #130 on: June 15, 2008, 10:22:19 PM »

parents' orders?

Rabbi's actualy say not to discriminate (like Rabbi Mizrachi was saying- "what's it her fault if she is Hungarian") but I just personaly feel closer to people who think like me, come from similar background, etc. Also I have a rich culture, and wouldn't want to have a conflict of interest of having which type of culture in the house. Also their would probably be a bigger change of me going for a Sefaradi girl in general, not only Bukharian, but most likly with G-d's help the blood in my family will stay purly Bukh.   :D
  Parents orders-  :::D , wouldn't listin anyway (and do not have to since, it involves a mitzva and we dont have to listin to them, but anyway they dont tell me anything).

bro purely Bukh? we all Jews the same 2,000 years ago there was no such thing as Sefaradi or Ashkenazim. you can find on both sides great girls, no matter what family says. i my self come from a mixed background 

Yea I know, but their are just those differences, and Im not saying that their aren't great girls in other cultures, but just different people, some much better then me, some not. Also actualy I dont see that much of a difference between Gruzinim and Buhs so I dont think that their is a world of different culture between your parents ( their are many differences, but easier to understand and bond with them).
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #131 on: June 15, 2008, 10:29:09 PM »

parents' orders?

Rabbi's actualy say not to discriminate (like Rabbi Mizrachi was saying- "what's it her fault if she is Hungarian") but I just personaly feel closer to people who think like me, come from similar background, etc. Also I have a rich culture, and wouldn't want to have a conflict of interest of having which type of culture in the house. Also their would probably be a bigger change of me going for a Sefaradi girl in general, not only Bukharian, but most likly with G-d's help the blood in my family will stay purly Bukh.   :D
  Parents orders-  :::D , wouldn't listin anyway (and do not have to since, it involves a mitzva and we dont have to listin to them, but anyway they dont tell me anything).

bro purely Bukh? we all Jews the same 2,000 years ago there was no such thing as Sefaradi or Ashkenazim. you can find on both sides great girls, no matter what family says. i my self come from a mixed background 

Yea I know, but their are just those differences, and Im not saying that their aren't great girls in other cultures, but just different people, some much better then me, some not. Also actualy I dont see that much of a difference between Gruzinim and Buhs so I dont think that their is a world of different culture between your parents ( their are many differences, but easier to understand and bond with them).

also the Bukharain and Kavkazi Jews have many similarities if you look closely Sefaradi Jews have more similar things in common as well as the Ashkenazim.

Also its about knowing the families and family reputations. Expecially for a guy looking for a girl. If one finds a girl in his community, he can more easily know her background and her "avlot" (family history, parents ,grandparents, which city they came from and their standing, thus mentality) as they say. 

Online Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #132 on: June 15, 2008, 10:29:30 PM »
what's grazinim and kavkazi ?

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #133 on: June 15, 2008, 10:38:47 PM »

Kavkazi Jews come from Azerbaijan and Dagistan. Gruzinian Jews come from Georgia the country. both Sefaradi Jews from former USSR as well as Bukharin who come from Uzbekistan and Tajikistan

I always get the 2 groups mixed up- Gruzinim and Kafkazim, but some people in one of these groups told me that they are neither Askenazi nor Sefardi.

Online Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #134 on: June 15, 2008, 10:44:26 PM »

Kavkazi Jews come from Azerbaijan and Dagistan. Gruzinian Jews come from Georgia the country. both Sefaradi Jews from former USSR as well as Bukharin who come from Uzbekistan and Tajikistan

I always get the 2 groups mixed up- Gruzinim and Kafkazim, but some people in one of these groups told me that they are neither Askenazi nor Sefaradi.

oh ok..i usually say, Azeri Jews from Azerbajan and Georgian from Georgia...but the country Georgia...

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #135 on: June 15, 2008, 10:45:42 PM »
I hate to belabour the point, but as kahane said, there is no such thing as an american jew, or a russian jew, e.t.c.  There is a jew living in america, russia, e.t.c.

Offline shimon

• Full JTFer
« Reply #136 on: June 15, 2008, 10:49:25 PM »
I hate to belabour the point, but as kahane said, there is no such thing as an american jew, or a russian jew, e.t.c.  There is a jew living in america, russia, e.t.c.

i get what your saying but in a way its different. Because there can be no such thing as an American jew since most jews came around hundred years ago. But in countries like Iran(Persia) or Iraq(Babylon) jews have been living there for millenia so i think its fair to call them Persian or Babylonian Jews

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #137 on: June 15, 2008, 10:58:10 PM »
I hate to belabour the point, but as kahane said, there is no such thing as an american jew, or a russian jew, e.t.c.  There is a jew living in america, russia, e.t.c.

i get what your saying but in a way its different. Because there can be no such thing as an American jew since most jews came around hundred years ago. But in countries like Iran(Persia) or Iraq(Babylon) jews have been living there for millenia so i think its fair to call them Persian or Babylonian Jews

We are all technically Israeli's or Israelites, BUT we cannot deny that the different places we have been living in and the experiences we have gone through greatly shapes our personalities, mentalities, and outlook in life. For Bukharians people are asked about which city they come from (the family when they used to live in Uzbekistan, and their grandparents etc.) because it is a fact that it all affect the children, and their mentality.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #138 on: June 15, 2008, 11:04:01 PM »

it is very true i tell all my friends we Jews are Jews were not German Jews or Russian Jews we are simply Jews.

i personally hate being called a Russian or Kavkazi or Bukharin Jew. i tell people so if your a Jew from an Arab country what that makes an Arab-Jew or if your from Germany what are you a Nazi-Jew (the word Nazi in Russian is the same as German)

You see- that this statement clearly shows a personality from you because of your family (I dont mean it in a bad way, but pointing out that your situation brings out the mentality). Because you came from parents from somewhat different locations, you say (and believe) in something like that. The same thing was also said from Yakov Menashe because he is in the similar situation (dont get me wrong I am not impying anything negative, but just pointing out that family, and the way it is set up, influences mentality).

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #139 on: June 15, 2008, 11:06:51 PM »
the only way we split is by the 12 Tribes but even when we were the 12 Tribes it wasn't as it is now

Not only, but each family was splitt up. And not only that, but when we were in Eretz Yisrael, each lott was divided up by families, so expecialy after Yovel, everyone lived right next to people closly related to them- meaning that the closer one was in territory wise, the closer one was to their family wise (going by men). People lived by their family, unless they sold their land (which also only wa sup to Yovel, and not more).

Offline ape

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #140 on: June 15, 2008, 11:08:56 PM »
schwarzas can't handle it.

Online Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #141 on: June 15, 2008, 11:15:46 PM »

it is very true i tell all my friends we Jews are Jews were not German Jews or Russian Jews we are simply Jews.

i personally hate being called a Russian or Kavkazi or Bukharin Jew. i tell people so if your a Jew from an Arab country what that makes an Arab-Jew or if your from Germany what are you a Nazi-Jew (the word Nazi in Russian is the same as German)

Listen, in Israel everyone is a Jew...so they identify each other as Russian, American, persian, Morrocan, etc... In israel when someone asks you your background you don't say, "I'm a Jew." You usually say "I'm a (orgin of country)"

Online Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #142 on: June 23, 2008, 11:35:28 AM »

Listen, in Israel everyone is a Jew...so they identify each other as Russian, American, persian, Morrocan, etc... In israel when someone asks you your background you don't say, "I'm a Jew." You usually say "I'm a (orgin of country)"

yeah but how many Jews in Israel have married into different cultures

some but not all

Online Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #143 on: June 23, 2008, 11:22:21 PM »

yeah but how many Jews in Israel have married into different cultures

some but not all

JEWS ARE MARRYING. Sefaradim ARE MARRYING OTHER Sefaradim ALSO WITH ASHKENAZIM

sure...they are...and some aren't...what's your point?

Offline Katie

• Full JTFer
  • OBAMA SUCKS
« Reply #144 on: June 25, 2008, 03:57:02 AM »
oo i bet this is a hot topic on the forum... id love to hear the reasons of the two people that voted that only jewish women should stay virgins and that for the men its optional.. so who do you propose they have sex with? other men? or shiksas? i mean i've heard shiksas are for practice but that doesn't seem very fair to the jewish women, who do they practice with?  :::D :::D
"Over the last 15 months, we've traveled to every corner of the United States. I've now been in 57 states? I think one left to go." - Barack Obama

haha

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #145 on: June 25, 2008, 04:07:47 PM »
oo i bet this is a hot topic on the forum... id love to hear the reasons of the two people that voted that only jewish women should stay virgins and that for the men its optional.. so who do you propose they have sex with? other men? or shiksas? i mean i've heard shiksas are for practice but that doesn't seem very fair to the jewish women, who do they practice with?  :::D :::D

It's equally wrong for Jewish men as it is for Jewish women.

Yep, Christians as well.
Muzzie men can rape, and the women just have to sit tight and wait for their turn.

Offline Katie

• Full JTFer
  • OBAMA SUCKS
« Reply #146 on: June 25, 2008, 04:44:15 PM »

Yep, Christians as well.
Muzzie men can rape, and the women just have to sit tight and wait for their turn.

lol im not talking about muslims, im talking about jews here....
"Over the last 15 months, we've traveled to every corner of the United States. I've now been in 57 states? I think one left to go." - Barack Obama

haha

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #147 on: June 25, 2008, 04:56:50 PM »

Yep, Christians as well.

Hey hey.. I change the subjects around here  :P

Offline Katie

• Full JTFer
  • OBAMA SUCKS
« Reply #148 on: June 25, 2008, 05:00:58 PM »

Yep, Christians as well.

loll yet im talking about jews.. so id like to know whats going through the minds of the two people that votes that jewish guys can have sex but jewish girls cant..

yea look at that changing the subject back :) you cant always hate on the muslims loll thats not the answer to everything

haha

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #149 on: June 25, 2008, 05:02:47 PM »

Yep, Christians as well.

loll yet im talking about jews.. so id like to know whats going through the minds of the two people that votes that jewish guys can have sex but jewish girls cant..

yea look at that changing the subject back :) you cant always hate on the muslims loll thats not the answer to everything

Well the two guys that voted were probably joking.. people do that on this site sometimes  ;D