Only Jewish women should stay virgins; Jewish men optional
6 (6.5%)
All men and women should stay virgins until marraige
36 (38.7%)
Only women should wait; men optional
2 (2.2%)
Optional for all; men and women
22 (23.7%)
For some yes; for some it would be worse to be a virgin until marraige since he/she might be a better spouse if they get it out of their system before hand
3 (3.2%)
I believe in complete celibacy
0 (0%)
I think everyone should practice premarital sex
9 (9.7%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: Pre-Marital sex. What is your take??  (Read 142265 times)

Offline jbeige

• Senior JTFer
Re: Pre-Marital sex. What is your take??
« Reply #200 on: September 14, 2011, 07:39:11 PM »
Seriously???
Yes, I don't care what religion you are we don't live in the stone ages.
To think that people don't have or shouldn't have sex before marriage is insane.
I'm not saying everyone should just jump into bed with each other without getting to know each other, what I'm saying is if you care about someone and know it will lead to some kind of a commitment I see nothing wrong with it.  BUT IT HAS TO BE SAFE SEX.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #201 on: October 14, 2011, 12:10:59 AM »
Yes, I don't care what religion you are we don't live in the stone ages.
To think that people don't have or shouldn't have sex before marriage is insane.
I'm not saying everyone should just jump into bed with each other without getting to know each other, what I'm saying is if you care about someone and know it will lead to some kind of a commitment I see nothing wrong with it.  BUT IT HAS TO BE SAFE SEX.

jbeige,

Your disrespect for religion stinks. Chaim, and many good JTF members are religious as I am. Sex is only permitted to married couples. You cannot discount it and claim those who do keep the word of G-d are 'living in the stone ages' or 'insane'. That is derogatory and completely uncalled for.

I know many people who have remained a virgin until after marriage. And it is a good thing for a couple to keep the sexual relationship holy. Judaism has an entire set of laws which are meant to ensure that there is a holy bond between a husband and a wife. I will not go into it here as this is not the place for such discussion.

I am still a moderator of this section and as a result I will ask you to please cease mocking the religious. Today you posted that you are no longer interested in JTF which in my opinion is a good thing. I don't think JTF is a place for people who mock the Jewish religion.

We must set an example to others. As a Jew, and as a Jewish forum, we must not act like the nations. This is the 'Jewish Singles' forum and as a result it is not unreasonable to ask those who post here to be respectful of the Jewish laws concerning the man/woman relationship. If you are interested in learning about these laws, and seeing people who live by them, then I invite you to do some research....
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline jbeige

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #202 on: October 15, 2011, 05:55:54 PM »
jbeige,

Your disrespect for religion stinks. Chaim, and many good JTF members are religious as I am. Sex is only permitted to married couples. You cannot discount it and claim those who do keep the word of G-d are 'living in the stone ages' or 'insane'. That is derogatory and completely uncalled for.

I know many people who have remained a virgin until after marriage. And it is a good thing for a couple to keep the sexual relationship holy. Judaism has an entire set of laws which are meant to ensure that there is a holy bond between a husband and a wife. I will not go into it here as this is not the place for such discussion.

I am still a moderator of this section and as a result I will ask you to please cease mocking the religious. Today you posted that you are no longer interested in JTF which in my opinion is a good thing. I don't think JTF is a place for people who mock the Jewish religion.

We must set an example to others. As a Jew, and as a Jewish forum, we must not act like the nations. This is the 'Jewish Singles' forum and as a result it is not unreasonable to ask those who post here to be respectful of the Jewish laws concerning the man/woman relationship. If you are interested in learning about these laws, and seeing people who live by them, then I invite you to do some research....

I have something for you too, did you read this thread?, it's a POLL did you read the last option on the poll????
It asks do you think everyone should have pre-marital sex, why have a poll if people can't answer the question and give their opinion.  So what you are saying the poll is there but everyone has to vote one way, what is this the obama elections.

Offline jbeige

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #203 on: October 15, 2011, 06:05:16 PM »
Jewish men and women should stay virgins    -    13 (15.7%)
Only Jewish women should stay virgins; Jewish men optional    -    6 (7.2%)
All men and women should stay virgins until marraige    -    32 (38.6%)
Only women should wait; men optional    -    1 (1.2%)
Optional for all; men and women    -    20 (24.1%)
For some yes; for some it would be worse to be a virgin until marraige since he/she might be a better spouse if they get it out of their system before hand    -    3 (3.6%)
I believe in complete celibacy    -    0 (0%)
I think everyone should practice premarital sex    -    8 (9.6%

Offline NuclearKindness

• New JTFer
  • "my take home pay won't take me home"
    • Meir Kahane - Revisited
Re: Pre-Marital sex
« Reply #204 on: May 24, 2016, 08:00:49 PM »
Yacov, I think that is something which would take place in a Utopian world. I went to a modern orthodox yeshiva in the five towns for high school and I can tell you that you would be very disappointed at what people did there, to say the least. I don't think any of the girls there would of been acceptable for you by the time they graduated.

thats because its more modern then orthodox, a truly religious yeshiva would not have such things. And also they marry young which is a great idea. (around 18/19)

Offline NuclearKindness

• New JTFer
« Reply #205 on: May 24, 2016, 08:02:41 PM »
I think they mean not to have sex before you are married

No i meant celebacy..period!  It's just opposite to "Everyone should have sex all the time."

maybe the xtians do that but we don't. No sex until marriage but when married, have many Jewish babies! Duggars had at least 22, we should learn from them and beat that number

Offline NuclearKindness

• New JTFer
« Reply #206 on: May 24, 2016, 08:05:24 PM »
I think they mean not to have sex before you are married

No i meant celebacy..period!  It's just opposite to "Everyone should have sex all the time."

Then No if we do that we wont procreate and the Muslims will grow

well there are some nuts out there who beleive in it and make the act of sex an unwanted sin. It obviously isn't

The act itself is not. With whom and when can be. And its not " some nuts" its the Torah.

Offline NuclearKindness

• New JTFer
« Reply #207 on: May 24, 2016, 08:07:22 PM »
I don't have a problem with someone being a mother at 14 if they're raised in a society where they're mature adults at this age. In our society such a thing is very perverted and there's no way an American 14 year old is ready to be a mother.

depends which household. I've seen 40 year old which havent grown up either.