Only Jewish women should stay virgins; Jewish men optional
6 (6.5%)
All men and women should stay virgins until marraige
36 (38.7%)
Only women should wait; men optional
2 (2.2%)
Optional for all; men and women
22 (23.7%)
For some yes; for some it would be worse to be a virgin until marraige since he/she might be a better spouse if they get it out of their system before hand
3 (3.2%)
I believe in complete celibacy
0 (0%)
I think everyone should practice premarital sex
9 (9.7%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: Pre-Marital sex. What is your take??  (Read 142270 times)

Offline Katie

• Full JTFer
  • OBAMA SUCKS
Re: Pre-Marital sex. What is your take??
« Reply #150 on: June 25, 2008, 05:05:10 PM »
oo i bet this is a hot topic on the forum... id love to hear the reasons of the two people that voted that only jewish women should stay virgins and that for the men its optional.. so who do you propose they have sex with? other men? or shiksas? i mean i've heard shiksas are for practice but that doesn't seem very fair to the jewish women, who do they practice with?  :::D :::D

It's equally wrong for Jewish men as it is for Jewish women.

Yep, Christians as well.
Muzzie men can rape, and the women just have to sit tight and wait for their turn.

lol im not talking about muslims, im talking about jews here....

Hey hey.. I change the subjects around here  :P

loll yet im talking about jews.. so id like to know whats going through the minds of the two people that votes that jewish guys can have sex but jewish girls cant..

yea look at that changing the subject back :) you cant always hate on the muslims loll thats not the answer to everything

Well the two guys that voted were probably joking.. people do that on this site sometimes  ;D

yea they better be.. or elseee!

lol
"Over the last 15 months, we've traveled to every corner of the United States. I've now been in 57 states? I think one left to go." - Barack Obama

haha

Online Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #151 on: June 27, 2008, 01:06:59 AM »
I hate to belabour the point, but as kahane said, there is no such thing as an american jew, or a russian jew, e.t.c.  There is a jew living in america, russia, e.t.c.

it is very true i tell all my friends we Jews are Jews were not German Jews or Russian Jews we are simply Jews.

i personally hate being called a Russian or Kavkazi or Bukharin Jew. i tell people so if your a Jew from an Arab country what that makes an Arab-Jew or if your from Germany what are you a Nazi-Jew (the word Nazi in Russian is the same as German)

Listen, in Israel everyone is a Jew...so they identify each other as Russian, American, persian, Morrocan, etc... In israel when someone asks you your background you don't say, "I'm a Jew." You usually say "I'm a (orgin of country)"

yeah but how many Jews in Israel have married into different cultures

some but not all

JEWS ARE MARRYING. Sefaradim ARE MARRYING OTHER Sefaradim ALSO WITH ASHKENAZIM

sure...they are...and some aren't...what's your point?

am saying that people don't really care that much about culture background

Wrong...most Ashkanazim don't care...many more sefardim do care...However there are exceptions to the rule.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Online Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #152 on: June 27, 2008, 01:09:49 AM »
oo i bet this is a hot topic on the forum... id love to hear the reasons of the two people that voted that only jewish women should stay virgins and that for the men its optional.. so who do you propose they have sex with? other men? or shiksas? i mean i've heard shiksas are for practice but that doesn't seem very fair to the jewish women, who do they practice with?  :::D :::D

That option was a trick answer...

If all women did stay virgins, then who would the men have sex with until marraige..and the obvious answer is that they wouldnt' have sex.

Because men are wired differently, they have the inclination to wnat to have sex even if they were virgins...Women have a different inclination and a different wiring and when they want sex, it is usually for different reasons compared to men.  Most women can wait until they are virgins..but men, on the other hand, are another story.  By forcing men to be virgins until marraige is unreasonable to most men's minds.  By stating that it is optional, he feels better that he has no pressure to wait...However, if all the women followed suit and waited until marraige, then the men would haev no option.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Katie

• Full JTFer
  • OBAMA SUCKS
« Reply #153 on: June 27, 2008, 02:39:36 AM »

If all women did stay virgins, then who would the men have sex with until marraige..and the obvious answer is that they wouldnt' have sex.

Because men are wired differently, they have the inclination to wnat to have sex even if they were virgins...Women have a different inclination and a different wiring and when they want sex, it is usually for different reasons compared to men.  Most women can wait until they are virgins..but men, on the other hand, are another story.  By forcing men to be virgins until marraige is unreasonable to most men's minds.  By stating that it is optional, he feels better that he has no pressure to wait...However, if all the women followed suit and waited until marraige, then the men would haev no option.

ah i disagree.. i think its a huge double standard.. i think women can have the same inclinations as men, believe me, they want sex lol...
"Over the last 15 months, we've traveled to every corner of the United States. I've now been in 57 states? I think one left to go." - Barack Obama

haha

Online Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #154 on: June 27, 2008, 09:25:34 AM »

ah i disagree.. i think its a huge double standard.. i think women can have the same inclinations as men, believe me, they want sex lol...

I'm sure if there were a poll of today, yesterday, 10 years ago and 20 years ago, more women would have been virgins than men...today it is about equal and that's because of the filth we deal with everyday in society and on TV.

And it's a fact, men are not women and women are not men... We are two completely different entities..wired very differently...The female and male are verrrrrry different to give them the same exact rule.

Offline Katie

• Full JTFer
  • OBAMA SUCKS
« Reply #155 on: June 29, 2008, 02:50:46 AM »

I'm sure if there were a poll of today, yesterday, 10 years ago and 20 years ago, more women would have been virgins than men...today it is about equal and that's because of the filth we deal with everyday in society and on TV.

And it's a fact, men are not women and women are not men... We are two completely different entities..wired very differently...The female and male are verrrrrry different to give them the same exact rule.

yet its very unfair to say one can do something the other can't... especially something like this

haha

Online Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #156 on: June 29, 2008, 06:14:32 AM »

yet its very unfair to say one can do something the other can't... especially something like this

When you have a son and when you have a daughter and when you are married, you will understand.  Apparantly, I haven't done any of the above yet...

Secondly I disagree wtih the statement you made.  If i had a son and a daughter, I'm more likely to encourage my son to pursue higher education past college and graduate school, but for my daughter not encourage it (but I wouldnt' discourage it either).  Why?  Because I feel it is better for women to get married at a younger age as long as they are mature to do so.  The younger she marries (if she's mature), the more likely she can have more children..and especially for Jews, that's a good thing.

Offline Gruzinit

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #157 on: June 29, 2008, 10:30:35 AM »

When you have a son and when you have a daughter and when you are married, you will understand.  Apparantly, I haven't done any of the above yet...

Secondly I disagree wtih the statement you made.  If i had a son and a daughter, I'm more likely to encourage my son to pursue higher education past college and graduate school, but for my daughter not encourage it (but I wouldnt' discourage it either).  Why?  Because I feel it is better for women to get married at a younger age as long as they are mature to do so.  The younger she marries (if she's mature), the more likely she can have more children..and especially for Jews, that's a good thing.

I disagree, I think it's very important for a women to get an education post-high school. Family is very important to me, but i also want to be finsih my education and work so I can provide for them. Sometimes its not best for people to get married young and start having kids, I've had many people tell me they prefer getting married later on and having children because they don't think they coulkd have handled the stress when they were younger.

It's a dilemma for many women like myself...
The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money. – Alexis de Tocqueville

Communism is like prohibition, it's a good idea but it won't work. - Will Rogers

Online Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #158 on: June 29, 2008, 12:49:39 PM »

I disagree, I think it's very important for a women to get an education post-high school. Family is very important to me, but i also want to be finsih my education and work so I can provide for them. Sometimes its not best for people to get married young and start having kids, I've had many people tell me they prefer getting married later on and having children because they don't think they coulkd have handled the stress when they were younger.

It's a dilemma for many women like myself...

I never said that a girl should not go to college.  I said that after college, it should be optional for her to go for a post graduate education...I wouldn't discourage a daughter of mine, if i had one, to do that.  But if I had a son, I would strongly encourage him to do so.  And it's for the reason that I have expectations for the man to provide for the family in a financial sense and not as much for a woman.  Women are better caretakers...and if she's mature enough, she should get married and have kids and take care of them. 

Yes, if she had a higher education, it also goes to her advantage in another sense...once her kids grow up and go off to school, she has the ability and knowledge to pursue something other than house wife.

My understanding with you, gruznit, is that you are from Israel...so after highschool, women go to the army for a couple of years and THEN go to college...Once again, women should get a college education...but to become something huge and invest numerous difficult years to become a physician, for example, is not something I would recommend my daughter, if i had one, to do.  If she liked medicine, I woudl encourage her to do something like become a pharmacist, optomotrist, dentist, or dental hygienist, for example.

Not trying to be chauvenistic.  Many women are great doctors and there isn't a moment I woudl look down one that is a female EVER!  However, with my own kids, when I get them, Gd willing, my sons i would encourage, my daughters i wouldn't encourage, but at the same time won't discourage...maybe advise that if she wants to become a medical doctor which takes years and years of studying and becoming established, that she is better off doing something that allows her to be a mother at the same time instead of Lupe or Juanita doing the job for her.

Offline Gruzinit

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #159 on: June 29, 2008, 02:10:49 PM »
First, I'm not from Israel. Second, I never accused you of being a chauvenist Dr. Dan. I just think it's good for women to pursue a career outside the home, especially it's impossible to live on one income these days.

Many women in my community who married when they were teens have now gone back to school, and many girls I know from high school that got married and had kids while still continuing their education could do so because they had IMMENSE help from their families, because being a student, spouse and parent is quite a juggling act.

Also, many of my mother's friends, women who got married and had a child before the turned 20, realize the importance of an education for their daughters, because the era they lived in is over, and they have no need to see their daughter's become teenage brides. Morning sickness followed by finals isn't great either...

The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money. – Alexis de Tocqueville

Communism is like prohibition, it's a good idea but it won't work. - Will Rogers

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #160 on: June 29, 2008, 02:23:08 PM »
My take on this is: When I marry a lady (notice I said LADY and not woman) I'd like to know that I'm marrying someone who is pure and not a skank who would bang anyone at a pin-drop. Also, I'm going to want to have kids. I don't want a woman who has a disease farm growing in her pants.

btw: I'm no hypocrite, I am what I preach! I'm almost 26, and I'm still waiting for MY lady, and I'm not ashamed in the least.

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #161 on: June 29, 2008, 02:35:32 PM »

btw: I'm no hypocrite, I am what I preach! I'm almost 26, and I'm still waiting for MY lady, and I'm not ashamed in the least.
O0!

Online Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #162 on: June 30, 2008, 12:14:48 PM »
First, I'm not from Israel. Second, I never accused you of being a chauvenist Dr. Dan. I just think it's good for women to pursue a career outside the home, especially it's impossible to live on one income these days.

Many women in my community who married when they were teens have now gone back to school, and many girls I know from high school that got married and had kids while still continuing their education could do so because they had IMMENSE help from their families, because being a student, spouse and parent is quite a juggling act.

Also, many of my mother's friends, women who got married and had a child before the turned 20, realize the importance of an education for their daughters, because the era they lived in is over, and they have no need to see their daughter's become teenage brides. Morning sickness followed by finals isn't great either...

All of these women you describe sound like good people from good families.  So it can work out for sure...but it's not for everyone who doesn't have the means as you describe

And i know you didnt' call me a chauvenist...but i felt like one writing what i wrote.

and for some reason i thought you were israeli...

Online Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #163 on: June 30, 2008, 12:15:33 PM »
My take on this is: When I marry a lady (notice I said LADY and not woman) I'd like to know that I'm marrying someone who is pure and not a skank who would bang anyone at a pin-drop. Also, I'm going to want to have kids. I don't want a woman who has a disease farm growing in her pants.

Why are you waiting?  Go look for her!

Offline Gruzinit

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #164 on: June 30, 2008, 12:28:37 PM »

All of these women you describe sound like good people from good families.  So it can work out for sure...but it's not for everyone who doesn't have the means as you describe

And i know you didnt' call me a chauvenist...but i felt like one writing what i wrote.

Supportive families is an understatement. And I take your assumption that I was Israeli as a compliment.

Online Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #165 on: June 30, 2008, 12:54:59 PM »

Supportive families is an understatement. And I take your assumption that I was Israeli as a compliment.
its the way chaim pronounces gruzinit

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #166 on: July 03, 2008, 12:48:02 AM »

I would love to believe me! Right now, I am extremely pre-occupied trying to get what seems like a non-existing job. I have a master's (so my education's finished IMO) but with the economy, every job I apply for has 2,000 applicants. :'( So, unfortunately this is my main concern, but finding a girlfriend/wife is definitely number 2! O0

Online Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #167 on: July 03, 2008, 07:27:06 PM »

I would love to believe me! Right now, I am extremely pre-occupied trying to get what seems like a non-existing job. I have a master's (so my education's finished IMO) but with the economy, every job I apply for has 2,000 applicants. :'( So, unfortunately this is my main concern, but finding a girlfriend/wife is definitely number 2! O0

well, you're young also...and you have the right priority...Build your house before you put your wife inside of it.  Freezing cold and poor is no way to live

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #168 on: July 09, 2008, 01:15:01 AM »
I heard Garrison Keilor's show last week.

They said that if the two people having the sex don't plan on getting married, then it can't be "pre-marital" sex!   :::D   O0   8;)

Offline Karen

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #169 on: July 15, 2008, 08:07:49 PM »
I am for pre-marital sex only if in a serious relationship. No one night stands, floozy encounters, summer date kind of crap. I wouldn't want to marry someone without knowing if we....work in bed. I am against having children out of wedlock though. That's just bad for the children. I think of marriage as an institution that protects children, and if you aren't having any children, you're using safe sex, with someone you love and are serious with, how can it hurt?

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #170 on: July 15, 2008, 08:50:10 PM »
I am for pre-marital sex only if in a serious relationship. No one night stands, floozy encounters, summer date kind of crap. I wouldn't want to marry someone without knowing if we....work in bed. I am against having children out of wedlock though. That's just bad for the children. I think of marriage as an institution that protects children, and if you aren't having any children, you're using safe sex, with someone you love and are serious with, how can it hurt?

If you are Jewish, and since this is the Jewish section on dating, etc. IT is agains't what G-d commands in the Torah, so your or anybody else's opinion on something that G-d says not to do is not held valid (at all), even if it seems logical or okay, something forbidden is forbidden, end of discussion. 
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #171 on: January 12, 2009, 08:01:28 PM »

:::D
aka Someone Else

Offline Edward

• Senior JTFer
  • יברך אלוהים את אמריקה ואת ישראל וכל אוהבי ע&a
Re: Pre-Marital sex
« Reply #172 on: February 04, 2010, 05:01:49 AM »
I agree with Yacov. But only for Jews I don't want to tell people who aren't religous what to do
But not all Jews are religious

Offline JarheadJew

• New JTFer
  • Shalomper Fi
« Reply #173 on: February 23, 2010, 08:03:04 PM »
virginity is way over rated, but remember shiksas are only for practice. Now get out of my face and go get a life. dismissed

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #174 on: February 23, 2010, 10:39:21 PM »
Jarhead Jew, virginity is NOT overrated.  Furthermore, using another human being for sex, regardless of his/her religion is immoral.