Only Jewish women should stay virgins; Jewish men optional
6 (6.5%)
All men and women should stay virgins until marraige
36 (38.7%)
Only women should wait; men optional
2 (2.2%)
Optional for all; men and women
22 (23.7%)
For some yes; for some it would be worse to be a virgin until marraige since he/she might be a better spouse if they get it out of their system before hand
3 (3.2%)
I believe in complete celibacy
0 (0%)
I think everyone should practice premarital sex
9 (9.7%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: Pre-Marital sex. What is your take??  (Read 142272 times)

Offline Edward

• Senior JTFer
  • יברך אלוהים את אמריקה ואת ישראל וכל אוהבי ע&a
Re: Pre-Marital sex. What is your take??
« Reply #175 on: February 24, 2010, 01:36:48 AM »
Lisa, I agree with you.

Offline Cato

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #176 on: February 24, 2010, 02:29:49 AM »
Haven't seen such a long thread since someone asked for opinions on the Germans.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #177 on: March 15, 2010, 04:12:21 PM »
I think people should keep it in their pants until they get married for a good reason, it can lead to pregnancy (before your ready) and other things like STD's if someones been sleeping around.

Unfortunately I would be a hypocrite if I said I followed my own advice... but I don't regret decisions I made, it's part of life.

Offline Mordechai05

• New JTFer
« Reply #178 on: August 26, 2010, 06:55:29 PM »
I think that pre-marital sex can cause problems.

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
  • Yemach Shmam to Egypt and Iran
« Reply #179 on: August 26, 2010, 11:02:30 PM »
virginity is way over rated, but remember shiksas are only for practice. Now get out of my face and go get a life. dismissed

LOL

Offline FreedomFighter08

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #180 on: September 06, 2010, 09:54:55 AM »
If you are Jewish, and since this is the Jewish section on dating, etc. IT is agains't what G-d commands in the Torah, so your or anybody else's opinion on something that G-d says not to do is not held valid (at all), even if it seems logical or okay, something forbidden is forbidden, end of discussion.

Wow. Hey the Middle Ages called - they want their shtick back. I don't see how somebody can be this ignorant. If it wasn't for questioning the Church, the Enlightenment would have never happened, and the Founding Fathers, who were Deists, would have never been here.

By the way Deists are people who believe in a creator of the Universe but not religion and religious texts.

Plus what if somebody never gets married? Are they just gonna stay virgins for life like the Pope? I think it's optional but I prefer premarital sex.

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #181 on: September 06, 2010, 10:00:29 AM »

Wow. Hey the Middle Ages called - they want their shtick back. I don't see how somebody can be this ignorant. If it wasn't for questioning the Church, the Enlightenment would have never happened, and the Founding Fathers, who were Deists, would have never been here.

The so-called "Enlightment" caused one of the darkest periods of human history (even though it had some good ideas). I don't see how you can compare the Rabbis and the Church, Judaism and Xtianity and criticism of humans and criticism of G-d.

By the way Deists are people who believe in a creator of the Universe but not religion and religious texts.

But as humans they are still obligated to observe Mitzohvt (both Jews and Gentiles) as the children of the Creator.

Plus what if somebody never gets married? Are they just gonna stay virgins for life like the Pope? I think it's optional but I prefer premarital sex.

You do realize there's a Commandament to get married and be fruitful and multiply, don't you?

Offline FreedomFighter08

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #182 on: September 06, 2010, 10:07:12 AM »
I'm aware of the commandment. I would want to get married in the future (I'm much too young now) but what about some people who don't get married? You do know that not everybody finds the right woman/man to get married with. What do those people do?

But as humans they are still obligated to observe Mitzohvt (both Jews and Gentiles) as the children of the Creator.

I don't mean to get in a religious argument here but where is the proof that these Mitzohvt were from the Creator and not written by a rabbi like the Talmud was. I think it's much better to just be a good person (don't steal, murder, etc.) then follow some rules that don't make sense.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #183 on: September 06, 2010, 10:47:59 AM »
Re:  "I don't see how somebody can be this ignorant. "

No?

Then hang around this forum a little bit longer.

Here you have people who would never have known electricity, had it not been for The Enlightenment, but they're "on line" using digital and photo-optical high technology, wearing corrective lenses, fully vaccinated against childhood deadly diseases, and they're here to tell you that you are evil and a fool if you claim that The Enlightment was of any benefit.

Yeah.

I guess The Enlightenment had at least "a few good ideas", but.......

Ever since bell wearing Jewish beggars with leprosy stopped sitting outside the Jerusalem City Gates during the animal sacrifices there hasn't been any progress and Jewish life hasn't been worth living.

We all just need to get back to that time and that state of consciousness.

If you were a very holy man like me and one of the truly righteous you would already know this.

Makes you kind of wonder what happened to some people, don't ya' think?
         :'(

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #184 on: September 06, 2010, 10:51:07 AM »
Re:  "I think it's much better to just be a good person (don't steal, murder, etc.) then follow some rules that don't make sense. "

Well, then you've already answered your own question and don't need to hear the views of others.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #185 on: September 06, 2010, 11:00:14 AM »
Re:  "I don't see how you can compare the Rabbis and the Church, Judaism and Xtianity and criticism of humans and criticism of G-d. "

No?     :o

It's fun!     8)

It's easy.       ;D :laugh:

I do it almost every day here on the forum.     :P   :P   :P

>:(   >:(  It's ME whom you'd better not compare and criticize if you know what's good for you!    >:(   >:(

Offline FreedomFighter08

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #186 on: September 06, 2010, 11:18:31 AM »
Here you have people who would never have known electricity, had it not been for The Enlightenment, but they're "on line" using digital and photo-optical high technology, wearing corrective lenses, fully vaccinated against childhood deadly diseases, and they're here to tell you that you are evil and a fool if you claim that The Enlightment was of any benefit.

Quoted for truth.

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #187 on: September 06, 2010, 06:32:48 PM »
Clearly, there are many voters who either don't know or don't care about halacha.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #188 on: September 06, 2010, 06:51:53 PM »
Clearly, there are many voters who either don't know or don't care about halacha.
I never vote in the forum polls but I like to check out the results now and then... I have to say this one surprised me somewhat.... :::D ...A lot more voting than usual and a wide cross section in response  :o    :::D  ...  This poll reminds me of a story my uncle told me years ago about my grandmothers food store back in Italy... It seems that when they sell a watermelon in parts of Italy the buyer has the right to demand a small square be cut out of the watermelon so he or she  can taste the prospective purchase...They call it "La Prova" ( A taste ) If the buyer turns the melon down the little square of the husk is put back in place and no one is the wiser. The  buyer then  goes on to find a melon that better suites his tastes.  ;D
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #189 on: September 21, 2010, 09:22:32 AM »
I think people should keep it in their pants until they get married for a good reason, it can lead to pregnancy (before your ready) and other things like STD's if someones been sleeping around.

Unfortunately I would be a hypocrite if I said I followed my own advice... but I don't regret decisions I made, it's part of life.
Good post.

Offline Betari

• New JTFer
« Reply #190 on: February 09, 2011, 12:13:35 PM »
I'm all in favor of pre-marital sex.
הדר
עברי גם בעוני בן שר
אם עבד, אם הלך
נוצרת בן מלך
בכתר דוד נעטר

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
« Reply #191 on: February 21, 2011, 08:26:37 PM »
Best way is to have sex only with a person who you marry.
Serbia will never surrender Kosovo to the breakaway province's ethnic Albanian majority or trade its territory for European Union or NATO membership,

Offline Christian Zionist

• Master JTFer
  • homosexuality is an abomination to God-Lev.18:22
« Reply #192 on: March 18, 2011, 08:16:03 PM »
Jarhead Jew, virginity is NOT overrated.  Furthermore, using another human being for sex, regardless of his/her religion is immoral. 

Pre-marital sex is irresponsible and I am 100% opposed to it.  It is a glorified form of fornication!
Isaiah 62:1 -  For Zion's sake I am not silent, And for Jerusalem's sake I do not rest, Till her righteousness go out as brightness, And her salvation, as a torch that burns.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #193 on: March 19, 2011, 08:49:41 PM »
Pre-marital sex IS fornication.

Offline Brett

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #194 on: March 31, 2011, 04:15:01 AM »
Jarhead Jew, virginity is NOT overrated.  Furthermore, using another human being for sex, regardless of his/her religion is immoral.

Agree with Lisa.

There'd be much less problems if people didn't share themselves around.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #195 on: March 31, 2011, 09:20:19 PM »
I'm all in favor of pre-marital sex.

You must be joking!

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #196 on: April 01, 2011, 02:49:55 AM »
You must be joking!

People who don't care about the Torah are more likely to be in favor of it; what's the surprise?

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #197 on: August 21, 2011, 03:37:35 PM »
I have relatives that waited until they were married to have sex (recently). They are both in their early 20s.  I thought it was nice, but someone made the point about sexual compatibility.  I thought it was a reasonable point to at least consider intellectually or with discussion between the couple before marriage.  How that would not end without knocking boots, I'm not sure.

Offline jbeige

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #198 on: August 21, 2011, 04:39:09 PM »
Just go out and have a blast, you only live once, would you buy a car without test driving it first?

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #199 on: September 08, 2011, 10:32:57 PM »
Just go out and have a blast, you only live once, would you buy a car without test driving it first?

Seriously???