Author Topic: Rafael Trujillo (Jewish refugees in the Domican Republic)  (Read 3175 times)

Offline WesternPatriot

• Junior JTFer
Rafael Trujillo (Jewish refugees in the Domican Republic)
« on: June 16, 2008, 10:50:17 PM »
From Wikipedia and the Wall Street Journal (W11 Jordana Horn 2-15-08):

Rafael Trujillo offered to receive 100,000 Jews into his country at the July 6, 1938 Evian-les-Bains conference. Sadly, due to transportation problems and exit visas, only a mere 700 made it to the Domican Republic. Of the 32 countries there, he was the only one that volunteered to take in Jewish immigrants.

Trujillo made the proposition because Jews had proven themselves to be a "good minority" and it would help "whiten" the country. Meanwhile, Dominican troops were ordered to expel illegal aliens from black Haiti.

Trujillo reorganized the state and the economy and left a vast infrastructure to the country. But he was also an authoritarian leader and people had little constitutional rights under his rule.

All historical figures have their pros and cons, but what does everybdoy here think of Mr. Trujillo overall? Good or evil? I say good. About 75% of the negative comments I have read about him just say he is racist because he did not want blacks overrunning his country (some were killed in border confrontations).

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Rafael Trujillo (Jewish refugees in the Domican Republic)
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 11:25:25 PM »
WesternPatriot:  "All historical figures have their pros and cons, but what does everybdoy here think of Mr. Trujillo overall? Good or evil? I say good. About 75% of the negative comments I have read about him just say he is racist because he did not want blacks overrunning his country..."

I say he was a good leader, and a wise leader.

The Dominican Republic, like many "republics" newly independent in the Caribbean and elsewhere in the world, were originally colonialist outposts ruled and exploited by the European Imperialists, who used slave labor to enable the countries of Europe to both have access to tropical fruits and vegetables, as well as grow quite wealthy in the process. 

These "Banana Republics", as we usually refer to them, have limited resources with which to trade; most all of which are agricultural products requiring unskilled labor and an undereducated population.

Being small islands and isolated from larger mainland countries by seas and oceans, the opportunities afforded the inhabitants are extremely limited.

Combined with these factors is the almost total ownership and control of property by usually just a few families; descendants of the European colonialists who are primarily white, well educated in either Europe or the U.S.A., and therefore the de facto political rulers over populations consisting of mostly descendants of freed slaves from Africa and racial admixtures of the same.

The result is a geographical nation-state incapable of democratic rule; incapable of bestowing modern "human rights" and an "equal voice" to its inhabitants.

A democratic republican form or government is simply not possible in such a restricted and impoverished environment, and if not for the few oligarchs "keeping the lid on", the country quickly deteriorates into another Haiti style island of sub-human impoverishment, crime, and disease.

It is with these realities in mind that I commend President Trujillo for making tough decisions favorable to his country's social and economic advancement.

Trujillo recognized, as we do here at JTF, that there is yet to be a Negro-controlled nation capable of maintaining human rights, economic advancement, and social progress, and so I say G-d bless Trujillo who himself blessed the Jews by opening wide his country's gates to them when they were "stateless refugees".

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
Re: Rafael Trujillo (Jewish refugees in the Domican Republic)
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 01:25:58 AM »
WesternPatriot:  "All historical figures have their pros and cons, but what does everybdoy here think of Mr. Trujillo overall? Good or evil? I say good. About 75% of the negative comments I have read about him just say he is racist because he did not want blacks overrunning his country..."

I say he was a good leader, and a wise leader.

The Dominican Republic, like many "republics" newly independent in the Caribbean and elsewhere in the world, were originally colonialist outposts ruled and exploited by the European Imperialists, who used slave labor to enable the countries of Europe to both have access to tropical fruits and vegetables, as well as grow quite wealthy in the process. 

These "Banana Republics", as we usually refer to them, have limited resources with which to trade; most all of which are agricultural products requiring unskilled labor and an undereducated population.

Being small islands and isolated from larger mainland countries by seas and oceans, the opportunities afforded the inhabitants are extremely limited.

Combined with these factors is the almost total ownership and control of property by usually just a few families; descendants of the European colonialists who are primarily white, well educated in either Europe or the U.S.A., and therefore the de facto political rulers over populations consisting of mostly descendants of freed slaves from Africa and racial admixtures of the same.

The result is a geographical nation-state incapable of democratic rule; incapable of bestowing modern "human rights" and an "equal voice" to its inhabitants.

A democratic republican form or government is simply not possible in such a restricted and impoverished environment, and if not for the few oligarchs "keeping the lid on", the country quickly deteriorates into another Haiti style island of sub-human impoverishment, crime, and disease.

It is with these realities in mind that I commend President Trujillo for making tough decisions favorable to his country's social and economic advancement.

Trujillo recognized, as we do here at JTF, that there is yet to be a Negro-controlled nation capable of maintaining human rights, economic advancement, and social progress, and so I say G-d bless Trujillo who himself blessed the Jews by opening wide his country's gates to them when they were "stateless refugees".

you are sadly, SADLY, ignorant.  Trujillo was a bastard.  He was an authoritarian dictator.  He was a bloodthirsty maniac.  He killed people right and left, and was a mass murderer.  You might not care about the haitians, but he slaughtered them by the bushel.  Why do you think he was assassinated?  Not because of the "negros" you talk about, but because the people were tired of an authoritarian monster.  Your comment is just sad.  Saying Trujillo was a "good leader, and a wise leader" is like saying that Stalin was a "good leader, and a wise leader"  Some of my own family members suffered under that piece of crap, how dare you say he was a good leader, and a wise leader?