Author Topic: HELP OUR GREAT MEMBERS QUIT SMOKING !!! (VERY BENEFICIAL TOPIC)  (Read 804 times)

Offline Haim_Ben_Shimon_3JFB

• Pro JTFer
If you have quit or just simply know how to post some of your ideas or ways you quit. i thought this topic will help our members live longer since i heard one cigarette takes away 5 min of peoples lives. we need our righteous gentiles and right wing Jews to live longer!!! i thought about it 5 min each cigarette might not look like too much but if you actually count that an average smoker smokes like a pack a day thats about 20 cigarettes a day 20 X 5 is a hundred min everyday. 365 or 366 however you want X 100 is 36,500 min 36,600 min a year and divide that by 60 to get estimate hours thats about 608.333333 or 610 hours divide that by 24 you get 25.3472222 days or 25.4166667 days per year. so for each year you smoke subtract about a month from your lifetime plus it also depends on your health if you a bit over weight its more. all these calculation is approximate i did not copy paste it from some website so if i made any mistakes correct me considering the 5 min per cigarette rate. so i believe that each smoker that is our member should consider quiting as soon as possible. what you guys think?     
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 01:18:32 PM by Chaim Ben Shimon »

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: HELP OUR GREAT MEMBERS QUIT SMOKING !!! (VERY BENEFICIAL TOPIC)
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 06:43:06 PM »
I think Rabbi Mizrachi also brought it up, and I believe he said 7 minutes (if I remember correctly).
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
Re: HELP OUR GREAT MEMBERS QUIT SMOKING !!! (VERY BENEFICIAL TOPIC)
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 07:05:07 PM »
   What I hate is when I go to services on Saturday and someone takes a cigarette break from services. I hate the smell when they return.

Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?