Author Topic: McCain is being smeared  (Read 1483 times)

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
McCain is being smeared
« on: June 30, 2008, 05:08:30 PM »
Some conservatives in the past were making some absurd claims about McCain's military record.  They're crazy if they're working with moveon.org:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20080630/pl_politico/11429

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
Re: McCain is being smeared
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 06:36:26 PM »
McCain is 82.3% Conservative

Recent Votes:

1. Alito Nomination: The Senate voted to confirm Samuel A. Alito as an associate justice of the U.S. Supreme Court. ACU supported the nomination, which passed 58-42 on January 31, 2006. McCain +

2. Asbestos Trust Fund: The Senate killed an amendment to the Asbestos Trust Fund legislation that would have required plaintiffs to be physically impaired at the time of a claim, with asbestos exposure a substantial factor in their illness before they could be compensated from the Fund. ACU supported the amendment which was killed 70-27 on February 9, 2006. No Vote

3. Tax Reconciliation: The Senate passed a motion to instruct conferees on the Tax Reconciliation bill to insist that the conference report include an extension of the alternative minimum tax exemption for middle class families in 2006 as well as the House-passed two-year extension of the dividends and capital gains tax cuts. ACU favored the motion, which passed 53-47 on February 14, 2006. McCain +

4. Tax Cut Rules:  The Senate defeated a change in its rules that would have required a 60-vote majority to cut taxes in the future. ACU opposed this rules change, which was defeated on a 50-50 vote on March 14, 2006. McCain -

5. Fiscal 2007 Budget Resolution–Energy Funding: The Senate defeated an amendment that would raise the discretionary spending limit by $4 billion for certain energy programs. It would be offset by assuming $7.2 billion in new taxes. ACU opposed the amendment, which was defeated 46-54 on March 14, 2006. McCain +

6. Spending Limitations: The Senate defeated a change in its rules that would make it harder to increase spending beyond the previous year’s levels by creating a point of order against such spending that could only be set aside by a two-thirds vote. ACU supported this rule change, which was rejected 35-62 on March 16, 2006. McCain +

7. Earmark Definitions: The Senate killed an amendment expanding the number of pork barrel “earmarks” that would have to be disclosed by the Senators proposing them. ACU supported this amendment, which was defeated 57-41 on March 29, 2006. McCain +

8. Pork Barrel Spending: The Senate killed an amendment that would have prohibited the use of $700 million in the bill to relocate a railroad freight line in Mississippi. ACU supported the amendment, which was killed 50-47 on April 26, 2006. McCain +

9. Medical Malpractice: The Senate defeated a motion to end a filibuster against a bill that would cap damage awards in medical liability lawsuits. ACU supported this motion, which got a majority of the votes, but failed because 60 votes are required to end a filibuster. The vote was 48-42 on May 8, 2006. No Vote

10. Tax Reconciliation: The Senate adopted a bill extending $70 billion in tax cuts through 2010. The tax cuts include the reduction in capital gains taxes. ACU supported this legislation, which passed 54-44 on May 11, 2006. McCain +

11. Small Business Health Plans: Senate defeated a motion to end a filibuster against a bill allowing small businesses to pool their employees to provide group health insurance. ACU supported this bill and thus supported this motion, which got a majority of the votes, but failed because 60 votes are required to end a filibuster. The vote was 55-43 May 11, 2006.

McCain +

12. Immigration Overhaul—Social Security Credit: The Senate killed an amendment barring illegal immigrants currently in the country from claiming Social Security credits for work done in years before they are assigned a valid Social Security number. ACU supported the amendment, which was killed by a vote of 50-49 on May 18, 2006. McCain -

13. Immigration Overhaul—Voter Identification: The Senate refused to kill an amendment requiring voters to present photo identification at the polls in order to vote. ACU supported the amendment. The motion to kill it failed 48-49 on May 24, 2006. McCain +

14. Immigration Reform: The Senate passed a bill overhauling U.S. immigration laws and offering a path to citizenship for most illegal immigrants in the country. The bill also created was purported to be a guest worker program. ACU opposed this legislation. The bill passed 62-36 on May 25, 2006. McCain -

15. Same-Sex Marriage Ban Constitutional Amendment: The Senate defeated a motion to end a filibuster against a constitutional amendment defining marriage as consisting only of the union of a man and a woman. ACU supported the constitutional amendment and thus supported this motion, which got a majority of the votes, but failed because 60 votes are required to end a filibuster. The vote was 49-48 on June 7, 2006. McCain -

16. Death Tax Repeal: The Senate defeated a motion to end a filibuster against a bill to permanently repeal of the death tax. ACU supported repeal of the death tax and thus supported this motion, which got a majority of the votes, but failed because 60 votes are required to end a filibuster. The vote was 57-41 on June 8, 2006. McCain +

17. Native Hawaiian Government: The Senate refused to cut off debate and move to a vote on a bill extending self-determination and self-governance to Native Hawaiians and allowing for the creation of a native entity that would have a government-to-government relationship with the United States. ACU opposed this legislation and so opposed the motion to end debate. A majority of the Senate voted for the motion, but Senate rules require 60 votes to stop debate. The vote was 56-41 on June 8, 2006. McCain -

18. Iran Sanctions:  The Senate rejected and amendment that would impose sanctions against foreign governments and companies that invest more than $20 million in Iran's energy sector until the president certified to Congress that Iran had dismantled its weapons of mass destruction. ACU supported this amendment, which failed on a vote of 45-54 on June 15, 2006. McCain -

19. Iraq Amnesty Policy: The Senate adopted a resolution commending the government of Iraq for affirming its position of no amnesty for terrorists who attack U.S. armed forces. ACU supported the resolution, which passed 64-34 on June 20, 2006. McCain +

20. Minimum Wage: The Senate rejected an amendment raising the federal minimum wage up to $7.25 per hour. ACU opposed the amendment, which received a majority vote, but failed because 60 votes were required for passage. The vote was 52-46 on June 21, 2006. McCain +

21. Iraq Troop Withdrawal: The Senate rejected a resolution calling on the president to begin phased withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq and to submit to Congress by the end of 2006 a plan with estimated dates for continued phased withdrawal. ACU opposed this resolution, which failed 39-60 on June 22, 2006. McCain +

22. Border Fencing: The Senate rejected an amendment providing for the construction of 370 miles of double-layered fencing and at least 461 miles of vehicle barriers along the U.S.-Mexico border. ACU supported the amendment, which failed 29-71 on July 13, 2006.

McCain -

23. Embryonic Stem Cell Research: The Senate passed a bill allowing the use of federal funds in research on embryonic stem cells. ACU opposed this legislation, which passed by a vote of 63-37 on July 18, 2006. McCain -

24. Parental Notification of Abortion: The Senate passed a bill making it a federal crime to take a minor across state lines to obtain an abortion in order to circumvent state parental notification and consent laws. ACU supported this legislation, which passed 65-34 on July 25, 2006. McCain +

25. Gulf of Mexico Offshore Oil and Gas Drilling - The Senate passed a bill authorizing drilling in about 8.3 million acres of the eastern Gulf of Mexico. ACU supported this bill, which passed 71-25 on August 1, 2006. McCain +
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 07:55:19 PM »
Let's face it. McCain is NOT a conservative and his military accomplishments have been trumped-up. We are in denial if we try to argue otherwise. We need to focus on attacking Barack Osama, not defending McCain.

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 02:33:34 AM »
I'm sorry but even if McCain talked during torture I don't think that makes him a coward.  How many of his critics have gone through Vietnamese Communist torture? Anyone can talk but until someone has actually faced being worked over with a blowtorch, fingernails being ripped off, etc.  I don't want to hear from them about McCain giving away information. Even some of the bravest fighters talked during really bad torture. 

Anyways, McCain has his faults but I see what the left is doing here.  They are trying to say what was good for Kerry, is good for McCain.  That makes sense in their sick sense of logic but Kerry spent a very short time in battle and most importantly joined the anti-war movement while others were being killed and tortured in captivity.  McCain never put a knife in the back of his country while Kerry joined those like Jane Fonda who actually flew North Vietnamese flags and worked with the enemy.  Kerry is one of a few senators who are or have been enemies of this country!!!

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 03:10:02 AM »
Let's face it. McCain is NOT a conservative and his military accomplishments have been trumped-up. We are in denial if we try to argue otherwise. We need to focus on attacking Barack Osama, not defending McCain.

C.F. that is from the Michael Savage Website- I attack Obama EVERY SINGLE DAY- McCain has the Navy Cross, who HERE has a Navy Cross? Who here hung for 2 days? Military accomplishments?? Well- WHO here has been in a Prison Camp? I love Military people- McCain did NOT leave his men behind under TERRIBLE torture- NOT PANTIES ON HEADS- it is really an ABOMINATION when the Hillary supporters stick up for McCain, and "conservatives" refuse to CONSERVE THEIR MOUTHS. THIS, to me is atrocious.  I only posted what I found on McCain. At this point- ANYBODY BUT Hussein Obama.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 04:06:10 AM »
We will not succeed in portraying McCain as something he is not--an honorable, noble leader and conservative. I have big doubts about his war record. Arguing for McCain's election on his own merits will be a losing cause. We need to be exposing the black Nazi evil in Obama's past and present, not trying to put a dress on a sow.

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2008, 04:21:30 AM »
We will not succeed in portraying McCain as something he is not--an honorable, noble leader and conservative. I have big doubts about his war record. Arguing for McCain's election on his own merits will be a losing cause. We need to be exposing the black Nazi evil in Obama's past and present, not trying to put a dress on a sow.

I have ZERO doubts about his war record, NONE- he IS honorable. ANYBODY that has served in the military IS honorable. He is the reason that you can disrespect him so well, "Freedom has a price the protected will never know"  I have friends that have served with McCain, It is really a very TERRIBLE thing to put down a person who was a prisoner of war- TERRIBLE!!!! If you can PROVE this claim, I WANT TO SEE IT. 
  OR- join paltalk, and IM me, you may come to the room that I go to that is by special invite only, the room has FIST, Colonels, Brigadeer Generals, SGT MJRS, 1st and 2nd SGTS. Come and state your case to them, and lets see how far you will get- given that they know EVERYTHING there IS to know about McCains Military Service.  While you say McCain is no conservative, I agree- but I wont sit back and just allow this to go on. Military Men are TOPS with me. 

And tell me as well, Why are you badgering me? WHAT have I done? I dedicate my time to this forum, my posts are not to "win points" I am a 42 yr old woman, Yes, my life is a little screwey, but MY heart is RIGHT, and MY intentions are true. What is the beef here with ME?  Why all of this animosity toward me, I just stated up there that I fight against Obama EVERY SINGLE DAY- in public, in chat, here- on other conservative forums, WHAT more do you want from me?
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2008, 04:22:41 AM »
Wesley Clark wants people to think that he's an objective person to make declarations about one's history in the military.  It's known that he's part of the far-left.  He kept on defending Hillary's comments about the "sniper fire."  Now he says that McCain doesn't have enough experience.  However, the candidate who Clark now supports has neither any military experience nor any type of other experience.  He's been in the Senate for about 144 sessions and done very little; certainly not an accomplishment that should merit someone being a presidential nominee. 

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2008, 04:50:48 AM »

C.F., you are wrong.

You need to argue both on the merits of McCain AND expose Obama.

You need to be able to provide at least 2-3 reasons for why you would support Obama. 

1. He supports judges who follow the constitution.

2.  He has never asked for an earmark and has fought against wasteful spending. 

3.  He is against legitimizing terrorists and top sponsors of terrorism, such as Iran's president.  Obama wants to legitimize them, which would discourage Iranians--who oppose the regime-- who felt they were misled by the Iran establishment when the revolution occurred. 

4.  McCain supports increasing the exploration of some domestic energy sources.  Obama is against doing that.  Obama only talks about renewable energy sources while also saying that they wouldn't be ready for decades until possibly 2035.  Energy prices is a current crisis so both short-term and long-term solutions need to be applied.  McCain should actually support drilling in Anwar but he's scared of the environmental groups that are against any alternative that doesn't meet the agenda--it doesn't seem to bother the environmental groups that energy prices are so high.  Domestic exploration of oil and other sources should be done and research for renewable energy should be done.   

C.F., you previously thought that Obama would be the best choice for the Democrat nominee.  I argued with you then and I think you now know that you were wrong about that.  So you should consider what I've said. 

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2008, 05:50:37 AM »
Remember Wesley Clarke spoke at the 2004 Democratic Convention and said military experience and war experience is the most important thing for a president?  What a hypocrite and liar. 

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2008, 10:12:09 AM »
Paulette, why do you think that I am attacking you? I just do not like McCain. We have to hold our nose and vote for the lesser of two evils. I guess you didn't hear all the Ask JTFs during this spring primary season where Chaim exposed various facts about this phony conservative.