Author Topic: Book of Proverbs on Laziness  (Read 2106 times)

Offline Christian Zionist

• Master JTFer
  • homosexuality is an abomination to God-Lev.18:22
Book of Proverbs on Laziness
« on: July 03, 2008, 10:33:42 PM »
A lazy person hates work.

(Proverbs 21:25) “The desire of the lazy man kills him, for his hands refuse to labor.”

A lazy person loves sleep.

(Proverbs 26:14) “As a door turns on its hinges, so does the lazy man on his bed.”

A lazy person gives excuses.

(Proverbs 26:13) “The lazy man says, ‘There is a lion in the road! A fierce lion is in the streets!’”

A lazy person becomes a servant (or debtor).

(Proverbs 12:24) “The hand of the diligent will rule, but the lazy man will be put to forced labor.”

A lazy person strains relationships.

(Proverbs 10:26) “As vinegar to the teeth and smoke to the eyes, so is the lazy man to those who send him.”

A lazy person wastes time and energy.

(Proverbs 18:9) “He who is slothful in his work is a brother to him who is a great waster.”

A lazy person overlooks creation’s example.

(Proverbs 6:6) “Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise.”

A lazy person believes he is wise.

(Proverbs 26:16) “The lazy man is wiser in his own eyes than seven men who can answer sensibly.”

A lazy person seeks comfort.

(Proverbs 20:4) “The lazy man will not plow because of winter; he will beg during harvest and have nothing.”

A lazy person may come to poverty.

(Proverbs 13:4) “The soul of the lazy man desires and has nothing; but the soul of the diligent shall be made rich.”
Isaiah 62:1 -  For Zion's sake I am not silent, And for Jerusalem's sake I do not rest, Till her righteousness go out as brightness, And her salvation, as a torch that burns.

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Book of Proverbs on Laziness
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 03:45:13 AM »
Thank you very much  O0 O0 O0

Great find.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani