Author Topic: Florida state to split in 2 states?  (Read 1536 times)

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
Florida state to split in 2 states?
« on: May 06, 2008, 10:41:30 AM »

http://www.wiod.com/cc-common/news/sections/newsarticle.html?feed=&article=3644165

LINK/AUDIO: Could South Florida Become the 51st State?

North Lauderdale and Margate are asking more than 300 other cities if they want to split Florida in half.
Tuesday, May 6, 2008

View The Official Request to Split Florida

Click Here for the audio interview with Margate Mayor Pam Donovan

Taking a page from the Carolina's play book, the State of Florida may split into two states.

The North Lauderdate City Commission is spearheading a resolution to the U.S Congress for the split, citing legislature issues.

The commission has sent out 306 resolutions asking municipalities and counties like Miami-Dade, Monroe, Broward, and Palm Beach to join in the effort.

The City of Margate has placed the item on it's Wednesday May 7th Commission.

See below for the official press release:

North Lauderdale Takes Tough Stance for Home Rule

Call it the South Florida “Boston Tea Party”, North Lauderdale City Officials have had enough and are not going to take it anymore.

The North Lauderdale City Commission passed a resolution requesting that Florida be divided into two States…North Florida and South Florida with the boundary line from Palm Beach County down through Monroe County and is encouraging Palm Beach, Broward, Dade and Monroe Counties to join in the quest for a separation of the State of Florida.

“This has been going on far too long. We are here trying to give good service to our residents at the cheapest possible costs and we keep getting hammered by the State Legislatures,” Mayor Jack Brady said. “We believe South Florida has many different issues than those in North and Central Florida and yet we all get put into the same frying pan together….local officials are the closest to the people and we have to do what is right for our citizens.”

Florida has grown from a thinly populated rural state to the fourth most populous state of the United States.  Population estimated to be nearly 19 million. The State of Florida has also grown from two initial counties to that of sixty-seven counties of which the most populous and urban are the three counties of Miami- Dade, Broward and Palm Beach. Southeast Florida contributes more tax revenue to the State of Florida than it receives from the present State government. These counties being the most populated have requirements for conducting their affairs that are different and often times more intense than other portions of the State. Florida is too varied for this one-size fits all approach to cities and counties.

In recent years, the Legislature of the State of Florida has considered a number of proposals that have had a significant adverse impact on local governments’ ability to generate revenue and effectively perform their essential municipal functions with many of these initiatives resulting in a local government regression whereby as a direct result of legislative action certain counties and municipalities are becoming increasingly unable to perform essential public services.

During a recent visit to Tallahassee as part of the Broward Days lobbying, North Lauderdale Commissioner Rich Moyle told Legislators, “last year you beat our cities up and this year you are stealing our lunch money. How are we supposed to run our cities?”  The question…Moyle said, mostly fell on deaf ears.

The Declaration of Independence of the United States provides that when any form of government becomes destructive to the extent that it no longer has the consent of the people governed, it is the right of the people to alter or abolish said government and institute a new government based on the foundation in which the people seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness and  given the size of the State and the great differences in needs and priorities between the southern portion of the State and the northern portion of the State, the North Lauderdale City Commission has determined that it is in the best interests of the citizens and residents of the State to divide the State into two separate and distinct governing entities.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 10:48:07 AM by מאיר כהן »

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Florida state to split in 2 states?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 10:45:05 AM »
Personally I'm all in favor of this, [censored] southern Florida, Miami is full of illegal aliens from Cuba, it's a 3rd world cesspool and it's where all the crime occurring. I'm tired of Southern Florida trying to change Northern Florida culture and politics. I think it would be the best thing to split up the state into 2. At least we won't have to deal with the [censored] politicians and lawyers down south, the Canadians, Retirees, Cubans and the Yankees that move down into southern Florida

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 10:47:49 AM »
Interesting.

Offline Hail Columbia

• Master JTFer
  • Vrijheid, Welvaart, Beschaving
    • AfricanCrisis, Africa's Premier Hard News Website
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 01:20:21 PM »
Personally I'm all in favor of this, deleted southern Florida, Miami is full of illegal aliens from Cuba, it's a 3rd world cesspool and it's where all the crime occurring. I'm tired of Southern Florida trying to change Northern Florida culture and politics. I think it would be the best thing to split up the state into 2. At least we won't have to deal with the [censored] politicians and lawyers down south, the Canadians, Retirees, Cubans and the Yankees that move down into southern Florida

What's your problem with Cubans?  They're not illegal aliens, they're refugees from a communist country who can't go back home.  Unlike the illegals, the Cubans are civilized, patriotic people who respect our country and people.

Learn the truth about rap "music": (Strongly recommended for new members)
www.geocities.com/wilder2k1
My MySpace site:
http://www.myspace.com/hailcolumbiajtf
My YouTube site:
http://www.youtube.com/user/HailColumbiaJTF
Dixie Outfitters, Preserving Southern Heritage Since 1861:
http://www.dixieoutfitters.com/
AfricanCrisis, Africa's Premier Hard News Website:
http://www.africancrisis.co.za
The Right Perspective, NYC's Most Dangerous Callers to Talk Radio, Airing Live Every Friday Night, 10 PM EST:
http://www.therightperspectivepodcastblog.blogspot.com/

In thy power Almighty, trusting,
Did our fathers build of old;
Strengthen then, O Lord, their children
To defend, to love, to hold
That the heritage they gave us
For our children yet may be:
Bondsmen only to the Highest
And before the whole world free.
As our fathers trusted humbly,
Teach us, Lord, to trust Thee still:
Guard our land and guide our people
In Thy way to do Thy will.

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008, 02:05:42 PM »
Personally I'm all in favor of this, deleted southern Florida, Miami is full of illegal aliens from Cuba, it's a 3rd world cesspool and it's where all the crime occurring. I'm tired of Southern Florida trying to change Northern Florida culture and politics. I think it would be the best thing to split up the state into 2. At least we won't have to deal with the [censored] politicians and lawyers down south, the Canadians, Retirees, Cubans and the Yankees that move down into southern Florida

What's your problem with Cubans?  They're not illegal aliens, they're refugees from a communist country who can't go back home.  Unlike the illegals, the Cubans are civilized, patriotic people who respect our country and people.

Cubans are decent people. They at least want to do better for themselves. I think you have to worry about two groups: The Haitians and the Mexicans. They're the worst of down here. And I live in So. FL about an hour outside of Miami.