Author Topic: To Chaim: Three concerns of airstrike on Iran's nuclear facilities  (Read 5975 times)

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Re: To Chaim: Three concerns of airstrike on Iran's nuclear facilities
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2008, 08:49:11 PM »
 What will Iran's capabilities be in 5,10, or 15 years from now if we do nothing?
I know. I just hope the USAF/IAF really, really thinks this through and doesn't try to do it all quickly and cheaply.

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2008, 09:16:00 PM »
First of all, WE WILL finish the job.
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline Bruicy Kibbutz

• Full JTFer
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2008, 09:18:38 PM »
Finish after israel gets swiss cheesed? Airborne laser please!
DukeNukem

Offline takebackourtemple

• Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2008, 09:20:27 PM »
   Actually I do want them to do it cheaply. Life is more valuable than money and I want to see a minimal amount of Jewish life lost. When I say minimal, I hope this means no life is lost. I don't want to war against Iraq to be a long drawn out conflict where we stay indefinitely and keep pumping money and lives into. The cheapest war is a use a single nuke with maximum fallout. Doing this will permanently neutralize the threat and cost Israel 0 lives.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline The White Shadow

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2008, 09:54:16 PM »
There is a possibility that conducting an airstrike on Iran can result in something going wrong, mistakes being made, or other factors that were unexpected.  Even weather can limit our ability to complete the job.  I also know that Iran does have very sophisticated weapons, ships, armor, and well trained troops.   I believe if we do a weeks' worth of airstrikes there is no way that they can preserve their nuclear, chemical, and biological facilities.  The amount of hardware and the sophitication of that hardware owned and used by the U.S. I believe could devestate any military in the world.  That is why we need a leader who is going to get the mission accomplished regardless of the popularity of the airstrikes, or how the media reports it.  The worst thing is to conduct an airstrike and immediately withdraw due to an initial failure to destroy all Iran's facilities.

For people to say that Israel can't be devastated by a missile attack is complete nonsense.  

I don't know if you're aware of Israel's Nuclear Power Plant, in Dimona, but it  is a a crucial element in the equation in the upcoming war. I've been trying to explain this point in many posts.

Israel would be devastated if  if the Dimona Nuclear Power plant was hit.  

Iran is openly stating that they are aiming for Dimona and have moved their missiles in position to fire on it.   This is no bluff.

If Dimona is hit ( God forbid) and all that  radioactivity is released, it could kill millions of Jews.  The land, water and air would  be contaminated with radioactivity. The amount radioactivity released would make Chernobyl look like a pin [censored].

In addition to this, we currently have  an incompetent Prime Minister who is was found directly responsible for Israel losing the war to Hezbollah, 2 summers ago.  This is the man who will be directing the attack on Iran.  Keep this in mind.

Questions to be considered:

1)Should Dimona be closed down?   (At least until the war is over.)   Israel already has a few hundred nukes.

2)How long does it take to close down a Nuclear Power Plant?

3)How long does it take to re open it?

4)Has Israel already closed down Dimona?

The questions are ABC

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2008, 12:49:11 AM »
   Actually I do want them to do it cheaply. Life is more valuable than money and I want to see a minimal amount of Jewish life lost. When I say minimal, I hope this means no life is lost. I don't want to war against Iraq to be a long drawn out conflict where we stay indefinitely and keep pumping money and lives into. The cheapest war is a use a single nuke with maximum fallout. Doing this will permanently neutralize the threat and cost Israel 0 lives.

Don't know if that will be practical though if you are just trying to destroy their reactors. Plus, any use of a nuke produces far-and-wide fallout. This is very serious stuff and we don't want to doom an entire generation of Israelis to horrible deaths from cancer if it is at all avoidable.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2008, 12:50:27 AM »
Chaim, please weigh in on the three issues I raised, as well as what can be done to protect Dimona...

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2008, 03:48:07 AM »
There is a strong possibility that Iran may be preparing or assembling many nukes hiding within their various big cities through a common centralized mullah revolutionary command.

There is strongest possibility that due to a shear misalignment in the original drawing, all the nukes can simultaneously blow up when the wrong command for alignment is processed through.

With Regards... :)   
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2008, 09:40:14 AM »

Don't know if that will be practical though if you are just trying to destroy their reactors. Plus, any use of a nuke produces far-and-wide fallout. This is very serious stuff and we don't want to doom an entire generation of Israelis to horrible deaths from cancer if it is at all avoidable.

Plus using nuclear weapons carrys a lot of ...controversy as well. Remember when US dropped nuke on Nagasaki and Hiroshima, we still don't hear the end of it even today. There is a tabboo associated with nuclear weapons. Israel would suffer horribly and be condemned by every nation including the United States (possibly), I don't think Israel will use nukes to do this mission.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2008, 09:47:22 AM »
There is a possibility that conducting an airstrike on Iran can result in something going wrong, mistakes being made, or other factors that were unexpected.  Even weather can limit our ability to complete the job.  I also know that Iran does have very sophisticated weapons, ships, armor, and well trained troops.   I believe if we do a weeks' worth of airstrikes there is no way that they can preserve their nuclear, chemical, and biological facilities.  The amount of hardware and the sophitication of that hardware owned and used by the U.S. I believe could devestate any military in the world.  That is why we need a leader who is going to get the mission accomplished regardless of the popularity of the airstrikes, or how the media reports it.  The worst thing is to conduct an airstrike and immediately withdraw due to an initial failure to destroy all Iran's facilities.

For people to say that Israel can't be devastated by a missile attack is complete nonsense. 

I don't know if you're aware of Israel's Nuclear Power Plant, in Dimona, but it  is a a crucial element in the equation in the upcoming war. I've been trying to explain this point in many posts.

Israel would be devastated if  if the Dimona Nuclear Power plant was hit.   

Iran is openly stating that they are aiming for Dimona and have moved their missiles in position to fire on it.   This is no bluff.

If Dimona is hit ( G-d forbid) and all that  radioactivity is released, it could kill millions of Jews.  The land, water and air would  be contaminated with radioactivity. The amount radioactivity released would make Chernobyl look like a pin schmuck.

In addition to this, we currently have  an incompetent Prime Minister who is was found directly responsible for Israel losing the war to Hezbollah, 2 summers ago.  This is the man who will be directing the attack on Iran.  Keep this in mind.

Questions to be considered:

1)Should Dimona be closed down?   (At least until the war is over.)   Israel already has a few hundred nukes.

2)How long does it take to close down a Nuclear Power Plant?

3)How long does it take to re open it?

4)Has Israel already closed down Dimona?

The questions are ABC

Dimona is very old built by the french and is leaking. They even have to give out medical kits to citizens in the area and many workers have been diagnosed with cancer who work there. I think it would be in Israels best interest to close down the facility completely.

Recently safety concerns about this 40-year-old reactor have been reported. In 2004 as a preventive measure Israeli authorities distributed iodine anti-radiation tablets to thousands of residents living nearby.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200408/s1171510.htm

Print-friendy versionPrint  Email this storyEmail
Last Update: Sunday, August 8, 2004. 8:10pm (AEST)
Israel distributes radiation pills to residents near nuclear reactor

Israeli authorities began distributing iodine anti-radiation tablets today to thousands of residents living near the controversial Dimona nuclear reactor.

An army spokesman said that soldiers had begun delivering the Lugul tablets to homes and that a distribution centre was also being opened under the supervision of health experts.

The tablets will be handed out in the towns of Yeroham, Dimona and Aruar, and other surrounding villages as well as to Bedouins living in the southern Negev desert close to the Dimona reactor.

The Government announced back in June that it would distribute the tablets, which have been stored for the last 20 years, as a preventive measure.

It denied that there was any cause for concern about safety measures or levels of radiation, adding that similar precautions had been taken in other foreign countries.

Israeli scientists and politicians have called for the closure of the 40-year-old Dimona plant, saying its age had increased the risk of accidents.

Israel has never publicly acknowledged that it maintains a nuclear arsenal but foreign experts say it has used its reactor at Dimona to produce between 100 and 200 nuclear warheads.

The distribution program will later be extended to the area around the town of Yavne, south of Tel Aviv and close to the small Nahal Sorek plant, the country's second nuclear facility.

--AFP

Israel can always reopen another nuclear facility. I think they have another facility in the north for other purposes (not war), i'm not sure how a transistion would occur or how old their reactor is.

But it's true, Dimona is a huge achilles heel, and could end up causing more problems than it's worth in a tiny country like Israel if it's attacked.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2008, 12:53:44 PM »
Dimona is very old built by the french and is leaking. They even have to give out medical kits to citizens in the area and many workers have been diagnosed with cancer who work there. I think it would be in Israels best interest to close down the facility completely.

Recently safety concerns about this 40-year-old reactor have been reported. In 2004 as a preventive measure Israeli authorities distributed iodine anti-radiation tablets to thousands of residents living nearby.
Holy sh**.  :o

Offline 2honest

• Senior JTFer
  • MayIsraelPrevail
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2008, 02:02:50 PM »
There's another point I'm concerned about. Everyone knows that Iran and Syria are colaborating in terms of developing and hiding possible ABC weapons.
If Israel attacks then other countries like Syria could retaliate going beyond using conventional weapons.

It seems almost impossible to take all that into considertion.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2008, 03:45:12 PM »
There's another point I'm concerned about. Everyone knows that Iran and Syria are colaborating in terms of developing and hiding possible ABC weapons.
If Israel attacks then other countries like Syria could retaliate going beyond using conventional weapons.

It seems almost impossible to take all that into considertion.
The only way Israel could preempt this would be a good ol' proper carpet-bombing campaign against every single suspected WMD site. I don't feel that the Israel of today even remotely has the cojones to do this.

Offline 2honest

• Senior JTFer
  • MayIsraelPrevail
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2008, 04:41:34 PM »
The only way Israel could preempt this would be a good ol' proper carpet-bombing campaign against every single suspected WMD site. I don't feel that the Israel of today even remotely has the cojones to do this.
I dont see that carpet bombing will do the job. Since Iran has learnt from what happend in Irak in 1981 many plants are built underground. I guess that you need exact intelligence and targeted groundbraking bombs to make sure you've eliminated also the critical plants.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2008, 04:51:35 PM »
By "carpet bombing" I meant thorough coverage of all known sites. Israel never does that because they are afraid of "civilian" casualties.