Author Topic: Is this antiSemitic?  (Read 1634 times)

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
Is this antiSemitic?
« on: July 11, 2008, 06:53:15 AM »
Some time ago the Government of my province sent a letter to those who have our taxes up to date, thanking us and promising to give benefits to us, and to sue cheaters. One sentence read: " Defending these people (those who pay) is not something that, in our Province, we do in the Pharisee style, declaming it and doing nothing. We take concrete actions".
At the moment I sent a protest by mail and called them, but received no reply. Today my accountant required my documents and read that letter. He considers it to be an offense to Jews and told me to report it. I sent the copy to the Jewish community for them to decide.
What do you think?

Offline TorahZionist

• Pro JTFer
Re: Is this antiSemitic?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 06:56:21 AM »
Raul, I thought you have your own independent country.  ???

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 07:05:20 AM »
Raul, I thought you have your own independent country.  ???
LOL. Let-be-land is just a micronation, like the more than five hundred micronations you may find in the micronational idex. Micronations are sometimes hobbies, other times protest projects or model countries. In any case no micronation has been recognised formally, and besides, even if we were recognised some day, our own Laws also state that taxes must be paid. Even more, why not paying taxes for activities, properties or business done outside our rooms???
And that letter was not sent especially to me, but its was a massive letter spread throughout the province to anyone who is up to date with taxes.

Offline TorahZionist

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 07:16:21 AM »
Even more, why not paying taxes for activities, properties or business done outside our rooms???

Well the money would be better spent if you donated it to JTF instead.

Online Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 11:42:14 AM »
I suspect it is antisemitic but I can't be absolutely sure. I never heard this expression. Not every expression is anti-something. For example in Israel we say 'Italian strike' which means that the workers keep working at a very reduced capacity.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2008, 11:47:25 AM »
Some time ago the Government of my province sent a letter to those who have our taxes up to date, thanking us and promising to give benefits to us, and to sue cheaters. One sentence read: " Defending these people (those who pay) is not something that, in our Province, we do in the Pharisee style, declaming it and doing nothing. We take concrete actions".
At the moment I sent a protest by mail and called them, but received no reply. Today my accountant required my documents and read that letter. He considers it to be an offense to Jews and told me to report it. I sent the copy to the Jewish community for them to decide.
What do you think?

of course.. Anti-semitic at worst. And insensitive at best.
orthodox jews are pharisees.  those that accepted and still accept oral tradition.

as oppose to saducees, whose spiritual heirs are the very small (in the hundreds) karaites, and I think largely of egyptian origin.

sometimes secular people are not aware that orthodox jews are pharisees. But then why are they using the term. And of course using it in a steriotypical anti-semitic negative way to do with jews and money.   So it is clear anti-semitism.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 02:07:35 PM by q_q_ »

Online Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2008, 11:52:07 AM »
I am aware. I also think that antisemitic christians like to use this term.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2008, 12:19:09 PM »

Yes, the only reason why this term still exists today is because in the "new t" the term kept coming up as referring to those Jews who followed the Oral Tradition (I belive it was used and is used in a deragatory way sometimes, but also at the same time Yeshu did say to follow the Rabbis. )
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2008, 01:09:59 PM »

Yes, the only reason why this term still exists today is because in the "new t" the term kept coming up as referring to those Jews who followed the Oral Tradition (I belive it was used and is used in a deragatory way sometimes, but also at the same time Yeshu did say to follow the Rabbis. )

Don't call Jesus YESHU.

The reason why messianics/missionaries prefer to say Yeshu, is to fool ignorant jews so they don't realise that they are learning christianity. 

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2008, 01:52:37 PM »

Don't call Jesus YESHU.

The reason why messianics/missionaries prefer to say Yeshu, is to fool ignorant jews so they don't realise that they are learning christianity. 

Wasn't that his real name though? I mean its the Hebrew term that he was called by, Jesus doesn't sound Jewish and wasn't/ isn't a name that one would have living 2,000 years ago in Eretz, it doesn't sound Jewish, reminds me of Puerto Rican's for some reason  ;D 
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2008, 02:03:08 PM »

Don't call Jesus YESHU.

Wasn't that his real name though? I mean its the Hebrew term that he was called by, Jesus doesn't sound Jewish and wasn't/ isn't a name that one would have living 2,000 years ago in Eretz, it doesn't sound Jewish, reminds me of Puerto Rican's for some reason  ;D 

You are assuming he existed.
It's not really a question that orthodox jews concern themselves with.
Some consider jesus was an amalgamation of characters(one might have been called yeshu and lived at a diffrent time to the time christians say jesus existed). 
I don't know or care what his hebrew name was. Or where they got it from. No doubt one could look up the origins of his name on the internet. But it's not really a subject for a jewish forum.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 02:08:30 PM by q_q_ »