Author Topic: ASK JTF - reservation practice - a request for administrators  (Read 1400 times)

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
I'd like to ask administrators to stop the practice of reservation a spot for a question for the ASK JTF show. This is unfair and makes the show format predictable and stagnant. You have a question/comment - ask, if you don't - have a courtesy for other people to ask a question ahead of you - this is a common decency.
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Re: ASK JTF - reservation practice - a request for administrators
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 12:51:58 PM »
No, what happens is that people themselves "reserve" themselves by making posts titled "reserved" that they go back to later.

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 12:56:53 PM »
I'm guilty as charged!
  Manch, you can do the same just post reserved and you can be the 1st one to ask, that is if you're quick enough.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 02:04:50 PM »
I never had to reserve not that i recall. However, I think you are wrong on this. The reality is that one can fast forward through chaim's programs to find their question if they didnt' want to listen to the whole show...so, to me, there is no worry about sitting in the front row, so to speak. 
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 01:23:04 AM »
I'm guilty as charged!
  Manch, you can do the same just post reserved and you can be the 1st one to ask, that is if you're quick enough.
Dan,
that's the thing - I don't think we should be doing this - this impolite towards other JTFers. This is not a big deal for me, but I thought to bring it up.
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 08:51:33 AM »
It seems to me that as long as you get to ask your question, there is no problem. If there were a limited number of people who could ask questions then there would be a problem. The order of your question does not much matter, as Dr. Dan says, you can just fast forward if you don't wish to listen to the whole show. Also noone is prohibited from reserving.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2008, 10:25:46 AM »
I find it a bit long, and it takes too long to fast forward and see what question is being responded to to find mine.

But with all the people that listen to Ask JTF , surely somebody can
contribute a list of names and times like

garfield-  0:0
ronald- 3:30
bilko - 7:70

it can be produced as one listens to it.
Or maybe at least , list at every 15 minutes, the name of the person being responded to.

Then it wouldn't matter where your question is asked. 'cos you could find it easily!

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2008, 11:39:52 AM »
I usually do have a question in mind, but may not have time to post it right away, but I do have time to put in res, so I go back later and post my question. As someone else mentioned anyone can do this, it's not limited to admins or moderators.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2008, 02:06:47 PM »
a list of names and times like

garfield-  0:0
ronald- 3:30
bilko - 7:70
Man, you just gave me a craving for lasagna!  ;)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2008, 02:19:58 PM »
Personally, I love listening to the whole show even if some of the questions are repetative or not relevant to me, such as Greenland and Antarctica.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2008, 07:33:26 PM »
Personally, I love listening to the whole show even if some of the questions are repetative or not relevant to me, such as Greenland and Antarctica.
Me too - I love listening to the whole show - this is what I play in the gym or when I walk my dog.
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2008, 09:01:12 PM »
it is the most exciting thing to listen to that I can think of..

But I lose concentration quite quickly when listening to anything. e.g. If a good rabbi is giving a 1hr lecture then I switch off about 5-10 times and tend to keep replaying the parts I switched off at, and it takes alot longer than the intended duration!

Some of chaim's answers are so brilliant, I often replay them.