Author Topic: Being that I saw some food on here. Name something you know how to make  (Read 1388 times)

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
An interesting dish you know how to make that you don't mind sharing with other JTFers that they can try something you make.

This should be good,, cooking with JTF lol.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
Gnocchi

INGREDIENTS
2 (12 ounce) packages potato gnocchi
1/4 cup butter
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried sage
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese

DIRECTIONS
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the gnocchi pasta, and cook until they float to the surface, 2 to 3 minutes; drain.
Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the garlic, and cook until the garlic has softened and is beginning to turn golden brown, about 4 minutes. Stir in the sage and salt for a few seconds, then add the cooked gnocchi. Toss gently with 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese and the pepper. Sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese to serve.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 05:24:14 PM by Americanhero »

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
My chicken you will like

Chef Wolfie..

depending how many people you can feed in your house hold .. 2 cuts each will do

Pre cook preperation

Thin slicked chicken breast cuttlet
sliced lemon
salt
black pepper
olive oil
------------------------
Toping

Fresh baby spinach that has been washed and shocked into ice water it perks the leaves up..

Cook em in garlic and diced tomato in a pan till the colors are bursting and the spinach still has a snap to the leaves

Let the chicken and all these ingredients inside a ziplock bag sealed tight for a few hours in the fridge till all the juice and flavor gets locked in the chicken

then grill them on each side on a bbq (make sure the coals are smoked which means they are fully gray) 8 mins the first side and 5 (defrost chicken)

Plate 2 chicken breast  and top them off with the spinach and tomato with a drizzle of olive oil to flavor it up and chibaddah bread on the side to clean your plate.

Give it a try
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
Sausage Gnocchi

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound Italian sausage links
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1 (14 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
2 tablespoons water
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon white sugar
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 (1 pound) package fresh gnocchi
chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, for garnish
grated Romano or Parmesan cheese

DIRECTIONS
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add sausages and cook until browned and firm, about 10 minutes. Cut sausages into 1/2 inch slices, return to the skillet, and continue cooking until no longer pink. Drain sausage slices on a paper towel lined plate.
Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat; stir in onion and cook until the onion softens and turns translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning; cook until the garlic softens, about 2 minutes. Pour in crushed tomatoes, water, salt, sugar, and remaining 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add gnocchi and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until pasta floats; drain.
Meanwhile, stir Italian sausage slices into sauce to rewarm. Toss pasta with sauce, and sprinkle with chopped parsley and grated Romano cheese to serve

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
bubba ganouj

take one large eggplant, pierce it in several places with a fork.  Grill it until it becomes very soft, then take it off the heat.  Let it rest in a large bowl to cool off.  Then peel away the skin.  Put the eggplant pulp and juices in a food processor and add the juice of one lemon, a cup of tahini, some fresh parsley, some cumin (which you should heat in a pan beforehand), three garlic cloves, a LITTLE bit of sour cream, salt and pepper, and a bit of hot sauce.  Puree until very smooth.

Serve with toasted pita wedges.

By the way, I work as a chef and this recipe is simple and delicious.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
I've made hummus before but I think it tastes better with peanut butter rather than tahini.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
I can't cook much...

but a warning to JTFers..

don't boil olive oil.  I think I read that it goes carcinogenic when you do.

heating it lightly is fine . That may be easier on an electric cooker.  Hard or too tricky on a gas one.

A friend had a healthy dish of just lightly heating tuna in olive oil, on his electric cooker. Very quick and easy!

note- some avoid canned tuna because fresh is healthier.

canned fruits are fine though - healthwise.
but warning to jews. You it should really be labelled kosher. because you don't really know what has gone in the juice. e.g. could be grape juice - which of course has to be certified kosher.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
Grilled salmon with dill and lemon is also good